: Hello, I'm new to cadillacs

jimsfast3
06-30-13, 07:40 PM
Hi, I new to caddys.I just bought a 2004 sls with 84000 mi. And I couldn't be happier. I bought the car from a cadillac dealer and was shocked at the lack of clean up done to it pre sale but it ran good and drove like a dream( my previous 3 cars were all Grand Prixs),so I figured with a little TLC this would be a great car, so I bought it in a asis deal.I took it home and detailed it inside and out including the engine compartment and and started reading CF because I had to do some engine work due to the SES light being on I set out to change out the plenum boot,clean the TB and MAF sensor and change the air filter. The SES light is gone and the car idles like glass.I still have some minor fixes to work on like the loose dash pad and minor trunk leak but I'm enjoying the ride.

orconn
06-30-13, 08:26 PM
Sounds like you are off to a good start. I have a 2002 SLS (not much difference between mine and yours) and it has been a very good car. I hope you have as much good luck with yours as we have had with ours.

Welcome to the Forums, Jim!

Ranger
06-30-13, 08:40 PM
:welcome:

77CDV
06-30-13, 11:44 PM
:welcome:

Submariner409
07-01-13, 08:39 AM
Hiya !!!

From your post it appears that you already know how and where to do homework in CF.

The air filter and MAF work, plus transmission fluid level checks, is made a LOT easier by totally removing that intake resonator on top of the flex duct. Do the "butt plug" modification.

(Your transmission will have NO FLUID on the stick with the engine off. Check level only with the engine hot, idling in P on a level surface.)