Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Will two compact spares fit in the trunk spare tire well?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mckellyb 
#1 ·
I know one full size will fit in there, and I'm tempted to get a 17" one, the front width on the staggered setup...I think it's 7.5"...to put back there, but I'm also considering two 'doughnut' spares, for road trips.

Overkill, I know, but I also travel with a Stop-n-Go plug gun kit, too. Need to replace the uber-cheesy 12V air compressor, though. It was only somewhat useful for motorcycle tires, but was tiny once you stripped it of all the plastic.

#3 ·
Well, I haven't put one in there, but there is a styrofoam pad under the temp spare. I'll measure it this weekend.

I'd think, based on the fact you could have five people and a trunk full of luggage, a full-sized wheel & tire would not intrude at all, should it need to be there.

#9 ·
I wouldn't obsess over a second compact spare (but that's your business if you decide you need it); one compact spare, some 'sticky string' (instead of or in addition to the "Stop n Go") and a mini air compressor should be plenty of overkill. Good luck in any event (to give you your own sense of well being).

#11 ·
I'm not obsessing over it, by any means, and it's not the vehicle we take on road trips, anyway...more just thinking "out loud".

When we took my '73 Coupe de Ville down to Big Bend, TX, I did take both a doughnut and the full-size spare, as well as about 10 gallons of extra fuel.

Towed a large dual-sport two-wheeler down there, before the Internet was common, and I couldn't verify how much fuel was going to cost.

I knew it was going to be tight with about 100 miles down and 100 miles back to 'civilization', and I had the extra fuel containers, anyway, for a couple of Sea-Doos.

The fuel place loved it when I pulled up on a Saturday morning with empty tanks, all around....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.