: need a great clear bra protectant and cleaner

reedmtn
06-30-13, 05:58 PM
Anyone found a good product for cleaning and protecting a clear bra on a white car? I will be driving through bug country and need something to protect it as well as UV protectionfrom the sun in CO and salty air in FL. Any tried n true product suggestions that wont yellow or dull the finish.

MoistCabbage
06-30-13, 06:16 PM
Clear, stick on paint film? The film IS the protectant, not really designed to have to be protected.

A coat of wax would make it easier to clean, and may provide some degree of protection. Don't put any kind of vinyl/rubber protectant on it.

Wash it as you would the rest of the car.

The film will yellow over time, and will have to be replaced.

reedmtn
07-01-13, 08:55 AM
Correct, in that it is a protectant for the paint. However, the clear bra itself needs treating and ptotecting from elements such as salty air, sun, and particullarly bugs. You can NOT put polish or wax on a clear bra. Many used to recommend Plexol, but it has proven to yellow on a white car such as mine. I have been surprised to find nothing in our syores in the Denver area specifically for clear bras, as CO is one of the largest users of the clear bra due to winter driving and the Mountain hazards. Having reviewed other car forum the only products I have found are on line specialty places I know nothing about. I was hoping to find someone who may have used Mothers plastic polish or a Meguiarsproduct. Anything thats reputable and available at most mainline auto shops.

Superjim
07-01-13, 09:03 AM
Just a thought...
Have you called any of the places that install them to see if they have any recommendations ??
The one on my car is starting to yellow a little bit...
I think it has a lifetime warranty... if so I am gonna have it replaced, unless I can find something that will take the yellow out.

reedmtn
07-01-13, 09:36 AM
Yes I have. My Cadillac dealership installed mine. Unfortunatly, they dont know much about advanced detailing. They do know enough to not put wax on it, but recommend just leaving it alone.