: Looking for a scale model thunder gray v coupe

vfaninva
06-30-13, 06:00 PM
I've been looking for a scale model with no luck. Lots of nice models of other cts's/v's but no thunder gray v coupes. Can anyone help? Thanks

Jinx
06-30-13, 08:54 PM
It's not thunder gray. If rumors of the paint's cost are to be believed, I doubt you'll ever find one ready-made in that color.

http://www.luxury-collectibles.com/collections/cadillac-cts-v

What other models of CTS-Vs have you found?

vfaninva
07-01-13, 11:48 AM
It's not thunder gray. If rumors of the paint's cost are to be believed, I doubt you'll ever find one ready-made in that color.

http://www.luxury-collectibles.com/collections/cadillac-cts-v

What other models of CTS-Vs have you found?

I have found CTS/V wagons (black & red), sedans (black, TG, silver), and coupes (black, and silver). I did find one CTS coupe that was supposed to be TG but looked more green. It had the CTS hood and grille but had round exhaust tips.
Kyosho makes a really good product. I bought a model of my last V from them. It is very detailed and accurate.
I'll just keep looking for a TG V coupe. I guess that's what happens with semi-rare cars. Thanks for the input.

Jinx
07-01-13, 12:08 PM
Thanks. I've been focused on wagons where the pickings are even slimmer...

ptrd
07-01-13, 12:08 PM
Man I wish they madea 1:18th scale for a wagon. $75 is decently high for a 1/43rds scale. That is almost hotwheels size...

vfaninva
07-01-13, 01:22 PM
Thanks. I've been focused on wagons where the pickings are even slimmer...

What color? I'll let you know if I spot one.

Jinx
07-01-13, 02:03 PM
Black, ideally, but any color other than red, really.

I know of the Matchbox 1:64 non-V, and the Luxury Collectibles black non-V 1:43, and their red V.

I'd settle for a plastic kit that needed assembly and paint, even if it meant Frankensteining a V sedan and a non-V wagon.

vfaninva
07-01-13, 10:03 PM
Black, ideally, but any color other than red, really.

I know of the Matchbox 1:64 non-V, and the Luxury Collectibles black non-V 1:43, and their red V.

I'd settle for a plastic kit that needed assembly and paint, even if it meant Frankensteining a V sedan and a non-V wagon.

Yeah, I'm considering buying one and just spraying it something close to TG.:ill:

1997BlackETC
07-01-13, 11:01 PM
Ya, that's what I was thinking, just mask of the windows and wheels and hit it up with a few zaps of thunder gray spray paint.