: 96 deville fuel pressure regulator?

M Hollis
02-15-05, 03:56 PM
Hi guys,
How do I get to the 96 deville FPR
Thanks

mcowden
02-15-05, 04:19 PM
Remove the appearance cover and on the driver side, rear bank, you will see a small cylindrical device attached to the fuel rail with a vacuum line attached to it. It's the only thing on the fuel rail with a vacuum line. That's the FPR. If you're checking for leakage, start the engine and pull the vacuum line off the FPR. If you see fuel leaking out of it, it's ruptured and in need of replacement.

M Hollis
02-16-05, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Mike. That appears to be the prob....she's leaking.
Will replace, I owe you one

mcowden
02-16-05, 01:58 PM
Excellent, sounds like you've got it under control. Let us know how that works for you.

M Hollis
02-17-05, 02:43 PM
Good fix, fellas. I found a FPR at O'Reillys Auto Parts (Borg-Warner) for $49.99, installed it, and she cranks in a second and purrs like a kitten, or tiger I should say. The new part had a little "O" ring at the nipple end that wouldn't allow it to seat. I noticed the old one didn't have it so I removed it and bingo.
(I bet the Caddy service people hate all of you guys, better watch it, they might put a hit out on you.)
Thanks a bunch,
Hollis

mcowden
02-17-05, 03:11 PM
Great info, M Hollis, and glad everything worked out for you. Successful DIY projects are the reason I joined here, and why I stay.

Yep, the dealerships are pissed. They keep sending techs over here to confuse the place. Bbobynski chews 'em up and spits 'em out faster than they can say "head gasket." The last one gave up on 2/5 after an extended battle over TPS and IAC relearn procedures and whether or not they were necessary...

Stick around! There's a lot to learn that'll save you dollars and time in the future. Check out the "Cadillac Technical Archive" link above for lots of good info, most of it from resident guru Bbobynski. Or you can be lazy like me and just click this link: http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-tech.html