: Friggin post office

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-05, 04:08 PM
in another fine exapmle of the problems i have with the post office.....

I got a visit from a high ranking indiviual from the postoffice , ive been pretty much yelled at by the postal service over something i never even thought about .

Did you know you cant stamp a 19 oz package and slip it into a USPS sidewalk type mail box? We weighed the damn thing and came up with the figures and have been shipping these type packages out for 6 months now with no problems . Till today .....This guy is brought into my office by a woman that works on the "other side" of the office , a woman who is good freinds with a group that is angry with me over my stand to not get involoved with a love triangle. Im thinking she ratted me out ..cuz this should have went ot my boss .....people round here know beatter not to bring anything to me outside my boss due to my habit of ripping into peoples arses over it....

Anyway postalboy proceedes to tell me that i can get arrested for doing what i did , all all the other stuff becuase you have to bring a package to the postal offce and have a postal worker inspect the package for bombs and shit and the postal worker needs to stamp the package after i pay for it ...Instaed of weighing it and slipping it into a box it now takes an extra 2 hours a day for me to get these files mailed out .....

So wondering what ive been putting int he mail that is such a threat to our nations security ?

Files , files on veterans that go from our Dpet of Vets Affairs office to the main office in St Pete Florida .....Now i have to wait in linbe for 2 hours every day so some jackass in a postal unfifrom can verify that im not a terrorist ....and that the package im sending isnt a bomb....

Now if that wasnt enough ......Ive got a package at the post office that i have to pick up ...it weighs less than 1 pound ....and is less than the dimanetions of a standard mailbox...the stupid as postal employee didnt want to bring it with here to take to my house ....it has no special packagin direction or anything

I pay to have something brought to my doorstep ..and it shows up 7 days late at a post office 20 miles away.its been sitting at the post office untill they could get off there ass to mail me the letter saying to "pick it up"...

This is 2 months after i get into it with a postal worker after he attempts to run ym car off the road ...

Im getting really sick and tired of the post office ...time to look into Fed EX or something .....Ruined my day in fact

Kev
02-15-05, 04:16 PM
Stoney, I've got one word that I think sums up your problem; Florida. You be in the wrong state Brotha! I have found our local PO to be quite helpful and efficient. Our carryers here are not so tainted with paranoia (yet).
Of course, if I want to get a package to a customer overnight I use a private carryer. There is one here that is cheaper and faster then all the competition.

Kev

Kev

Kev
02-15-05, 04:19 PM
Of course, it could be worse, you could be up in the pan handle! :drinker :confused: :eek:

Kev

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-05, 04:34 PM
Stoney, I've got one word that I think sums up your problem; Florida. You be in the wrong state Brotha! I have found our local PO to be quite helpful and efficient. Our carryers here are not so tainted with paranoia (yet).
Of course, if I want to get a package to a customer overnight I use a private carryer. There is one here that is cheaper and faster then all the competition.

Kev

Kev
your are so right , the post office in rural alaska put these bozos to shame ....at least there i got packages to my door on christmas day !!!

Here youd get them whenever the post office felt like bring it out to you ....

Did i mention i got a letter that had a post date of Jun 2000 7 weeks ago ? The person that wrote it has since moved ogtten married and had a kid ....

Kev
02-15-05, 04:54 PM
Did i mention i got a letter that had a post date of Jun 2000 7 weeks ago ? The person that wrote it has since moved ogtten married and had a kid ....
Hey, look on the bright side, at least they are still alive!

"Hey.......Buuuuubbaaa......'yall.....fixen...ta... .deliver......tha......mail......?"
"Shooo....nufff......thar.....Bobby.........Joe.... ...........'recon........I...aughtta........git... ..ta........goin....."
:drinker

Kev

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-05, 08:06 PM
took the package in question to the postioffice as the postmaster guy told me to. So i get there and i asked the woman behind the coutner " Id like to send thios to my home office in St Pete , i hope this isnt to hard to do"

She says nope why do you ask ?

"I said becuase i just had some postmaster guy yell at me that it was over 16 oz and i cant slip it into one of those blue box things"

She says "yup thats an act of terrorisim slipping a suspicous package like that into a box"

I said "ok fine i give up , im only a govt worker like you sending from a govt office to another govt office "...then asked "so how much does it weigh"

she replys 17.3 ounces ....

i then told her ..."oh ok so im being called a terrorist over 1.3 ounces ,you people need to pull your heads out of your asses" ....

patgizz
02-15-05, 10:08 PM
in august i got a box that was sent in january. nowhere near as bad as your 4 year wait for your letter. my post office is so horrible that i drive 10 miles to send stuff out of a good one. they actually had the nerve to tell me "if you want your mail delivered on time, get a PO box"