: 93-96 fwb gas peddle

juiceE
02-15-05, 02:38 PM
has any one ever had a sticky gas peddel? mine sort of sticks right when i want to push down, but it wont go smoothly, itll just let go after i press harder, resulting in a jerking acceleration

is this a common problem?

im gona take a look @ it & grease it up to see if it helps

scurling
02-15-05, 02:59 PM
My '94 has a rather stiff pedal. It is smooth, but takes a little more foot effort than I really like.

ocjmakaveli
02-16-05, 01:45 AM
I had this problem with my 2000 suburban on stops occasionally the pedal would not go down and then I would press harder and it would then jerk the car forward as the pedal would suddenly go down.

What happened was the choke would stay closed so I took it to a shop and they readjusted it slightly and it fixed the problem.

I only had the problem when the sub was cold thus the choke closes all the way and it would make the pedal stick because the choke would actually stick closed occasionally.

I would recommend a small tune-up spray some choke cleaner in the choke and lube the accelerator cables with wd-40 etc.

If not take it to a shop and tell them the choke gets stuck in the closed position.

Have you noticed if it happens more often when the car is cold? just started up?

Does it happen all the time?

92brougham
02-16-05, 10:47 AM
hahahaha...guys...its ur traction control...turn it off and see if you have the same problem...tc takes away from accelleration big time...the car has lots of torque thats why the tc kicks in cuz the tires wanna spinn out and tc catches it and releases you accelerater pedal.

Katshot
02-16-05, 01:55 PM
You need to clean the throttle body. It gets carboned up and binds like that. Very common issue with many fuel injected cars but I notice my Cadillacs have always done that. I usually clean mine at least once a year or so.

DanTheMan
02-16-05, 06:20 PM
I've had mine get stuck when it gets very cold out. Same problem as katshot. It is from condensation. After a minute or two of idleing it goes away because the 94+ broughams circulate a small amount of radiator fluid by the throttle body just for such wintery driving. As long as I live somewhere that gets below 32 I'm not doing a throttle body bypass. Having a frozen gas pedal is not worth the tenth of an hp.

juiceE
02-17-05, 12:08 PM
I Have Done The Throttle Body By-pass, And Its Been Pretty Cold Here In Chicago, But It Doesnt Go Away After Warm Up... And As Far As I Can Remeber, It Wasn't Like That When It Was Warmer Out, But Im Going From Memory Of Something I Didnt Pay Attention To.

Katshot
02-17-05, 12:47 PM
Believe me, the bypass has nothing to do with it. Clean the throttle body and plate and the sticking will be gone.

N0DIH
02-17-05, 02:28 PM
I Have Done The Throttle Body By-pass, And Its Been Pretty Cold Here In Chicago, But It Doesnt Go Away After Warm Up... And As Far As I Can Remeber, It Wasn't Like That When It Was Warmer Out, But Im Going From Memory Of Something I Didnt Pay Attention To.

Did the throttle body bypass make any difference in drivability or power? Or fuel economy?

Just wondering!
Tom

juiceE
02-18-05, 04:44 PM
i could feel a slight increase in throttle response, but who knows, it might be only in my head

... off to clean that mother...

FASSTWOOD
02-20-05, 10:26 PM
I'm with Katshot on this one. Your throttle body is gummed up. I had the exact problem. When I swapped engines I saw the TB was full of gook behing the throttle. Some Throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush and its as good as new.

juiceE
02-22-05, 12:57 PM
i cleaned off a little off the plate with a towel and it helped a little, i was goin to get sum throttle body spray cleaner, and was jus wondering if there is any difference between that and the carb cleaners, besides the name?

scurling
02-22-05, 08:36 PM
JuiceE:

YES, YES, YES the chemicals are very different, it's not just marketing.
Do not use carb cleaner in the throttle body assembly.

juiceE
02-22-05, 08:42 PM
whoaa, thanx :yup:, i was about to save myself $ 1.00 with the carb cleaner