: I'm Getting Frustrated With My ATS!

JSATS
06-29-13, 07:22 PM
Last week Cadillac put a new engine in my ATS. When my wife picked it up the check engine light came on. The dealer then took the car back and informed us that a sensor hadn't been plugged in properly. We then picked tha car up again last night. My wife took it to work and when I asked her how the car was running she wasn't too pleased. She said it was hesitating and running rough. She said it was very jumpy and downshifting hard and all around running anything but smooth. I told her maybe it just needed to break in a bit because the engine is brand new. When she got home from work I washed the car and decided to take it for a spin to see how it was. I didn't get halfway out the driveway and the check engine light came on again. I still drove it and it was aweful! It hesitated then downshifted hard and jerked me all around. I then called Onstar for a diagnosis. They told me to bring it in for service as soon as possible because there is a malfunction in the ignition system. I'm starting to regret buying this car and feel that this may be just the begining of many many future problems. I couldn't imagine owning this car without bumper to bumper warranty. I'm thinking maybe Cadillac is just a Chevy with lipstick on it and expensive lipstick at that. This is the most expensive car my wife and I ever bought. Maybe we should have bought another Audi instead?

frankc5r
06-29-13, 07:45 PM
Do not know where you live but if the 1st dealer did not test drive and see all those problems, dump them and find another even if u have to drive some. Good luck

Siren05
06-29-13, 08:38 PM
Sucks too hear.. Cadillac is GM and remember you can dress up a pig but its still just a pig dressed up!

My ATS IS FLAWLESS. Thank god. Sorry too hear about your experience.

donavo
06-29-13, 09:28 PM
now im not jumping to conclusions or anything, but almost every problem thread ive read on this forum, contains "the wife drove it...". i think we all know where these problems are coming from. i dont have a wife and luckly my ATS is just fine. im not saying ur wife did it......but ur wife did it.

73JPS
06-29-13, 09:49 PM
now im not jumping to conclusions or anything, but almost every problem thread ive read on this forum, contains "the wife drove it...". i think we all know where these problems are coming from. i dont have a wife and luckly my ATS is just fine. im not saying ur wife did it......but ur wife did it.

:histeric:

Hoosier Daddy
06-29-13, 10:41 PM
Maybe we should have bought another Audi instead?
Every mass produced car model ever made has examples equal or worse than your ATS.

So yes, you definetly should have bought another something, including another ATS.

Your dealer is by far your biggest problem though.

Most people never listen but in case you aren't one of those: as soon as you get the car back do NOT take it to that dealer ever again. And if it isn't in pieces now, get it out of there and take it to another dealer before they do something else to it.

Fraggy
06-30-13, 12:22 AM
Sucks too hear.. Cadillac is GM and remember you can dress up a pig but its still just a pig dressed up!

My ATS IS FLAWLESS. Thank god. Sorry too hear about your experience.

I'm starting to think?... Time will tell tho. So far like you, no serious problems. Just stuff that will get fixed with updates and/or just personal preference stuff. Just cause I think it should different doesn't mean it's broke.

Sorry jsats, I know how bad you loved this car b

DG2
06-30-13, 06:21 AM
So if you buy the Audi you'll have a dressed up Volkswagon !

The type of problem you are reporting warrant a replacement. Your protected under law but I would demand your dealer give you a new ATS. No brand new car should need a new engine and after putting a new one in its still giving you trouble ??? Hmmm

rustybear3
06-30-13, 08:21 AM
Definitely a candidate for a new car IMO. I'd file under your state's lemon law ASAP.....enough is enough....if your car doesn't qualify, I don't know what car does.....:annoyed:

JSATS
06-30-13, 12:31 PM
Ok I have an update. The check engine light went off this morning and the car ran fine. What do I do now? Onstar said it was an ignition malfunction and the car ran like crap last night. I don't trust this car as far as I could push it. I'm thinking it should still go back to the dealer to see whats up with the ignition malfunction. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those mystery problems that show up every now and then and the dealer can't figure it out.

Stevo Supremo
06-30-13, 04:18 PM
eh, if I bought a new car and already they're telling me "oh lets put a new engine in" I'd flip. I would demand a new one and chain myself to the dealership doors till they gave me a new one. this isn't a damn Cruze or focus. This is a cadillac and you shouldn't settle for a transplant on a brand new car.

DG2
06-30-13, 04:52 PM
eh, if I bought a new car and already they're telling me "oh lets put a new engine in" I'd flip. I would demand a new one and chain myself to the dealership doors till they gave me a new one. this isn't a damn Cruze or focus. This is a cadillac and you shouldn't settle for a transplant on a brand new car.

Yes, demand a new car end of story. Shouldn't have needed new engine then multiple ignition problems etc. a clear lemon law case. Hopefully your dealer makes it easy and gets you in a new one with no fuss. Don't give them another chance. That's way too big a problem and they owe it to you.

JSATS
06-30-13, 06:08 PM
I don't think any manufacturer would give you a new car. Their only obligation is to fix any car under warranty not replace it. My son had a Pontiac Grand Prix that blew an engine under warranty. They put a new engine in it and right up until the day he sold it he had nothing but electrical problems. I'm hoping I won't have the same issue with my Caddy.

stevenzoz
06-30-13, 06:13 PM
I don't think any manufacturer would give you a new car. Their only obligation is to fix any car under warranty not replace it. My son had a Pontiac Grand Prix that blew an engine under warranty. They put a new engine in it and right up until the day he sold it he had nothing but electrical problems. I'm hoping I won't have the same issue with my Caddy.

I had a similar problem with mine. Cadillac replaced it with another ATS

bluhaven
06-30-13, 07:11 PM
Why did they replace the original engine?

Kevin

DG2
06-30-13, 10:43 PM

They do. When they have a major issue so early into the launch of such an important car like the ATS and/or when a brand new few months old luxury car blows an engine followed by continued engine problems that is just proper customer care. Sure, any manufacturer responsiblites are to fix a problem but no manufacture expects to have a faculty engine in just a few months of ownership. You can get your lawyer and win a lemon law based on your multiple issues with the engine. I'm sure Cadillac and your dealer so not want that " lemon" word out and will replace your car.

EnvoyBu
07-01-13, 03:33 AM
Demand a new car. Take the issue straight to GM and be sure to insist you lost confidence in the car, and don't trust it anymore. You'll get a new car if you know how to talk to them.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-01-13, 12:34 PM
Ok I have an update. The check engine light went off this morning and the car ran fine. What do I do now? Onstar said it was an ignition malfunction and the car ran like crap last night. I don't trust this car as far as I could push it. I'm thinking it should still go back to the dealer to see whats up with the ignition malfunction. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those mystery problems that show up every now and then and the dealer can't figure it out.

Hello JSATS,

I apologize for the engine issue your new ATS is experiencing. I would be frustrated if I had to have an engine replacement on my new vehicle. I want your vehicle to run proper and smooth; not have issues. You should love your Cadillac! I see your engine light went off, and you are debating whether to take the vehicle back to the dealer for a check on a possible ignition malfunction. Please let us know what you decide to do. I can be reached via private message to further discuss any concerns.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

bmbutler
07-02-13, 11:42 AM
Don't need a lawyer to invoke lemon law. Research how to do it in your state. Not difficult if you have everything documented.

JSATS
07-03-13, 07:59 PM
Well my car is back at it again. The check engine light is back on and it says the problem is in the ignition again. I think this car needs to go down the road. I think this car is ruined and destined to have nothing but problems from now on. I no longer have a numbers matching car engine and I'm afraid the rest of the car doesn't like the new engine either.

donavo
07-03-13, 08:05 PM
Well my car is back at it again. The check engine light is back on and it says the problem is in the ignition again. I think this car needs to go down the road. I think this car is ruined and destined to have nothing but problems from now on. I no longer have a numbers matching car engine and I'm afraid the rest of the car doesn't like the new engine either.

look at it as a blessing to open a case and get a higher trim for the same price u paid for this one. thats what i would try to do anyway...

bluhaven
07-03-13, 08:21 PM
What happened to the original engine?

Kevin

JSATS
07-03-13, 11:11 PM
look at it as a blessing to open a case and get a higher trim for the same price u paid for this one. thats what i would try to do anyway...

I have a AWD Premium model now. I don't need a higher priced car, this one is high enough. I just want the car I paid for with no issues. My wife loved this car when we first bought it now she is very unhappy with it.

----------

What happened to the original engine?

Kevin
Thre check engine light came on and after trying a few fixes they found the compression in the fourth cylinder was way down. I haven't found out what it was but it could be a ring caught or a valve dropped.

ripped
07-04-13, 07:15 AM
New engine again man that sucks

PAO56
07-08-13, 05:47 PM
most lemon laws state after a certain number of tries.....then a replacement is warranted.....obviously this one would seem to fall in this category with the repeated check engine light.....had a similiar problem with another make and model...the dealer never could get the check engine light to go out.....finally replaced the vehicle.......GM should buy the car back from the dealership and the dealership replace it...so the dealership doesnt lose anything in this transaction.......

bmbutler
07-09-13, 11:23 AM
Look up your state's lemon laws. Sounds like you have a open and shut case.

hyun121
03-15-14, 03:43 PM
Oh no. My car started trembling at idle and the engine light went on. I took it to the dealership and they said that one of the cylinders has low compression. I hope that I don't have the same issue. My car is more than one year old and so I don't think I'm covered by my state's (TX) lemon laws.

Good thing that it's a lease and at most, I'm stuck with a bad engine for two more years, but still would prefer to just have a car that works.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-17-14, 10:38 AM
Oh no. My car started trembling at idle and the engine light went on. I took it to the dealership and they said that one of the cylinders has low compression. I hope that I don't have the same issue. My car is more than one year old and so I don't think I'm covered by my state's (TX) lemon laws.

Good thing that it's a lease and at most, I'm stuck with a bad engine for two more years, but still would prefer to just have a car that works.

Hi hyun121,

I am sorry to hear about the concerns with the engine of your ATS. Is your ATS currently with the dealership or have you gotten it back? Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact information if you would like additional assistance. Have a great day!

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care