: 2003 Escalade URPA Rear Park Assist no lights or sounds?

praelade
06-29-13, 08:02 PM
I have an 03 Escalade with URPA. There are no lights or sounds when in reverse. I did the diagnostic test but all that flashes is the outside amber and red. What could be wrong? Is there a fuse or something thats blown? Thanks:banghead:

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 08:34 PM
I have an 03 Escalade with URPA. There are no lights or sounds when in reverse. I did the diagnostic test but all that flashes is the outside amber and red. What could be wrong? Is there a fuse or something thats blown? Thanks:banghead:

Sounds like normal

praelade
06-29-13, 08:42 PM
So why wont it work? Im confused....

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 09:45 PM
So why wont it work? Im confused....

Is there anything behind the truck when its in reverse and moving 10mph or less for the system to detect?

praelade
06-30-13, 01:53 AM
Ya I tried it up against a building last night. Its just strange because the diagnostic test shows no problems and the system is on because the light next to the button is on. Yet it dosent work.

the cadillac man
06-30-13, 02:03 AM
Ya I tried it up against a building last night. Its just strange because the diagnostic test shows no problems and the system is on because the light next to the button is on. Yet it dosent work.

Um this may sound like I am being a dick but that light next to the button means its off not on that's why it's not working like it should

praelade
06-30-13, 06:05 PM
Are you serious?! Man i feel stupid! This is my first escalade and ive only had it a week so im still figuring it out. I will try that and see if it works...

the cadillac man
06-30-13, 10:09 PM
Are you serious?! Man i feel stupid! This is my first escalade and ive only had it a week so im still figuring it out. I will try that and see if it works...

I am serious I did the same thing so don't feel bad
The button next to it is for the stablatrac system

Don't feel bad I was the same way when my dad got his hummer h2

praelade
07-01-13, 01:00 AM
So when i put it in reverse the 3 lights go on then off. i backed up to a car and nothing happened...

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 02:18 AM
So when i put it in reverse the 3 lights go on then off. i backed up to a car and nothing happened...

It has to detect a object before it will warn you

Now if it isn't working right the red light will blink when the truck is in reverse(it will also blink if you are over a certain speed backing up) indicating a code in the system

There is a jumper next to the module under the second row right seat use a paper clip or short peice of wire

After you jumper the test connector turn the key to run(engine NOT running) then put the truck in reverse and see if it has a code it will be like this(red light outside yellow light, code(s), red light outside yellow light)

I have a bad sensor(it failed for some strange resion yet the connection is ok) so my system has blinked the red light each time I back up

praelade
07-01-13, 04:05 PM
So i get the lights now but there is no chime?

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 05:12 PM
So i get the lights now but there is no chime?

Ok I would check the driver door speaker to see if its bad

praelade
07-02-13, 12:14 AM
Ok checked it and no sound. So I swaped it out with the speaker on the passenger door and it works. I shouldve know cause I wasnt getting a door chime either. So apparently its fixed now. I just have a bad speaker. Thanks Cadiliac man you have been a real help. Now were do i get a speaker chep?

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 12:20 AM
Ok checked it and no sound. So I swaped it out with the speaker on the passenger door and it works. I shouldve know cause I wasnt getting a door chime either. So apparently its fixed now. I just have a bad speaker. Thanks Cadiliac man you have been a real help. Now were do i get a speaker chep?

I would recommend getting it at a junk yard if you don't want to go aftermarket

If you do decide to go aftermarket let me know I can help out (I installed infinity speakers in my truck as I am not a fan of Bose speakers