: 05 Escalade Blower Module/Resistor

Maximln
06-29-13, 06:40 PM
My sister has an 05 Escalade with a blower problem. It works intermittently & will sometimes stay on even after the car is shut off. I've searched the boards & the problem appears to be the blower motor resistor/module. Is there a separate resistor & a separate module or are they the same thing? People appear to interchange them but I have also seen them referenced independently. The resistor appears to be near the blower. If there is a blower module, where is that located?

Thanks,

Max

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 08:33 PM
My sister has an 05 Escalade with a blower problem. It works intermittently & will sometimes stay on even after the car is shut off. I've searched the boards & the problem appears to be the blower motor resistor/module. Is there a separate resistor & a separate module or are they the same thing? People appear to interchange them but I have also seen them referenced independently. The resistor appears to be near the blower. If there is a blower module, where is that located?

Thanks,

Max

Contrar to what most people think the blower is controlled by a module just next to the blower motor

You will have to remove the hush/kick panel on the bottom of the dash in order to get to the module its held in with three screws(7mm socket if I am not mistaken) one is in a tight spot by the tranny hump remove those screws and the panel will come out allowing access to the blower and module

reddzspace22
06-29-13, 08:44 PM
Blower motor resister is on the passenger side below the dash/kick panel remove the 3 screws 7mm the panel will come down once panel is removed you will see a few wires going into blower motor with a connector at one end that is the resister along with two 7mm screws holding it into blower assembly. The resisters go bad over time should take care of your problem once replaced

Maximln
06-29-13, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I just checked with the parts department. They are saying that my Escalade has both a resistor & a module. The resistor part # is 22807123 & the module part # is 19260762. Now I'm more confused! lol Anyone have any idea which one does what & where they are located? The parts guy said most likely it would be the resistor. They sell a lot of them.

Max

Maximln
07-17-13, 11:03 AM
I replaced the blower motor resistor. I had to splice the new one in. Everything seemed to go well except that I still have no blower. Do you think it probably the blower motor itself?

Thanks,

Max

the cadillac man
07-17-13, 11:43 AM
I replaced the blower motor resistor. I had to splice the new one in. Everything seemed to go well except that I still have no blower. Do you think it probably the blower motor itself?

Thanks,

Max

Remove the blower and secure it to a table and bench test it with 12 volts it is likely it failed and took out the blower module hence why it won't work now with the new moule

Maximln
06-16-14, 04:51 PM
I finally ended up taking the Escalade in to the dealer. It ended up only being a fuse! Now it blows as cold as ever!

Max

the cadillac man
06-16-14, 10:17 PM
I finally ended up taking the Escalade in to the dealer. It ended up only being a fuse! Now it blows as cold as ever! Max

Glad to hear you got it fixed
Glad to help