: Under 5 Media Blitz

trukk
02-15-05, 10:16 AM
Found an interesting article talking about the sucess of the Superbowl and Under 5 mini commercials.

We may have a wave of new board members soon :)

http://i-newswire.com/pr6703.html

-Chris

IndyV05
02-15-05, 12:10 PM
yay :)

Mustang
02-15-05, 03:34 PM
I'm here. :)

I always liked Cadillacís. Particularly those from the 30s. I have always owned RWD American V8s. For the first time in my life, I can afford a $50K car. I saw the ads at the superbowl and it reminded me how much I wanted a CTS-V. Took a test drive this last weekend. Still grinning. I'll probably buy one after I get married in the May.

Now I only need someone to tell me how to convince the wife that she needs to park her Corolla on the street so that the CTS-V and the two Mustangs can park in the garage.

CVP33
02-15-05, 09:10 PM
Mustang,

Get a pre-nup. :cool:

lawfive
02-15-05, 09:38 PM
Found an interesting article talking about the sucess of the Superbowl and Under 5 mini commercials.

We may have a wave of new board members soon :)

Bah! I ENJOY not seeing a lot of V's on the road. It's one of the best things about owning one. After six months of driving mine, I spotted my first other CTS-V in the wild just yesterday in a medical complex parking lot in Brea (2004 platinum, RU on this forum?).

This SuperBowl thing means that there will be more demand, leading to more production, which in turn means that pretty soon we'll all be essentially driving Camry-V's (e.g. can't look around without seeing one in front, behind, or/and to the side).

OK, I know that'll never be true, but I'm just sayin'...

-- Jerry "Scrooge" Anderson

PS: Not long after I purchased it in August, I mentioned to my cute little blonde 20-something masseuse that I had just bought a 2005 CTS-V.

"Oh, my husband and I want a CTS! Are you going to put 20's on it?"

"Not a 'CTS'," says I, "a 'CTS-V'.":bling:

Afterwards I took her out to the car. Her eyes sorta bugged out when she said, "THAT'S F__KIN' TIGHT!"

What she DIDN'T say was, "Oh, yeah... I've seen lots of those around. That's the SuperBowl car, right?"

PPS: Yes, dammit, it was a legitimate massage.:dammit:

2004ctsv
02-15-05, 10:36 PM
Bah! I ENJOY not seeing a lot of V's on the road. It's one of the best things about owning one. After six months of driving mine, I spotted my first other CTS-V in the wild just yesterday in a medical complex parking lot in Brea (2004 platinum, RU on this forum?).

Ref
I agree with you. I like the idea that very few people know what you've got. Specially when you run with some JO in a vette or blow off some ricer with a fart pipe.
Tony

jdodman
02-15-05, 11:27 PM
I have noticed a lot more people seem to be checking my car out since the superbowl..

Thinkmatt
02-16-05, 12:18 AM
What surprised me about that article was the fact that only 400 movies had been submitted in the first week. I was guessing that the 3000 would have filled up plenty before that, or worst case 3000 near the end of that first week. The contest is only a week and a half long. Odd.

lawfive
02-16-05, 12:43 AM
Ref
I agree with you. I like the idea that very few people know what you've got. Specially when you run with some JO in a vette or blow off some ricer with a fart pipe.
Tony

"Ricer"? I WANT to laugh, but I'm not sure I can... :hmm: Kudos on "ref" though; I figgered I'd be stealth forever on this forum.

Koooop
02-16-05, 01:46 AM
blow off some ricer with a fart pipe.
:histeric:

Mind if I borrow that quote?

LOL

trukk
02-16-05, 11:19 AM
Bah! I ENJOY not seeing a lot of V's on the road. It's one of the best things about owning one. After six months of driving mine, I spotted my first other CTS-V in the wild just yesterday...
~snip~

I think there were approx 2500 V's made in 2004, and a run of about 5-6K for 2005. These are very approx numbers but should be within 25%. This is such a minuscule number of units for GM. They could quadruple that number and still be at %50 of the corvette production (GM Makes approx 40,000 corvettes a year, and that is considered a very small production run). Remember that for Cadillac the V series is an 'image' vehicle. It is my understanding that they don't make a lot of money directly from the sales of the cars, rather from the marketing cache they produce.

I live and work around DC, which has it's fair share of concentrated wealth, and correspondingly nice cars. Like your experience, I NEVER see other V's around. Event with production Doubled/Trippled/Quadroupled, the most I would expect to see this go up to would be once a month (maybe). Just remember, that we as owners are always on the lookout for other V's. The rest of the public is basically oblivious.

I'm not even remotely worried about diluting the 'exclusivity' of this vehicle. I don't think we'll ever get to the point of 'Oh, there goes another V', even when the line expands to include the STS and XLR.

My $.02,

Chris

lawfive
02-16-05, 12:04 PM
Bah, I say. Bah!

Harley Guy
02-16-05, 02:05 PM
Turkk,

I love the fact that this is a low production car. I bought mine in August and have never seen another one on the road. I live in Pittsburgh, which does not have the wealth concentration of DC. However, I have traveled to Sarasota a couple times in the past few months and no V sightings. I have seen 4 Bently Contenental GT's down there during those same trips. Not to mention enough M3ís and AMG55ís to choke room full of lawyers.

I also agree that the V is invisible to all but the real "car" people. Can't tell you how many times I have had to answer the questions "what's that?"

I love it this way!:coolgleam

lawfive
02-16-05, 03:08 PM
Harley Guy,

You may be as close as Dave is going to get: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31928

Harley Guy
02-16-05, 08:16 PM
Harley Guy,

You may be as close as Dave is going to get: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31928

Thanks. I had missed that thread. I posted on it now and will be gald to help.:D

2004ctsv
02-16-05, 10:07 PM
Thanks. I had missed that thread. I posted on it now and will be gald to help.:D

Come to Monroeville when the salt is off the road and you can see another one.
If I would have known you were in Cranberry, I would have called when Karen put the clear bra on my V.

Tony