: rear view camera help

cmfmef
06-22-13, 08:12 PM
Just purchased a 2012 SRX. the manual states that I can turn off the RVC by pushing a button on the rear view mirror, but there is no button. Is the manual wrong or am i missing something?

TheCaptain
06-23-13, 10:41 AM
Which page in the manual, and by RVC do you mean Rear View Camera?

cmfmef
06-23-13, 02:00 PM
page 9-43, yes rvc is rear view camear

njacobsen
06-23-13, 11:38 PM
On the 2013, the RVC can be controlled by selections on the Settings for the Infotainment System. There is no single button to control the camera. The 2012 is likely different

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-24-13, 10:41 AM
Just purchased a 2012 SRX. the manual states that I can turn off the RVC by pushing a button on the rear view mirror, but there is no button. Is the manual wrong or am i missing something?

Hello cmfmef,

After looking at the owner manual for the 2012 SRX, I found the RVC system on page 9-43 also. I see it does explain how to turn the system on or off. Are you still experiencing a difficulty with this feature?

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

cmfmef
06-24-13, 12:35 PM
Yes, there is no button to push!!

cmfmef
06-29-13, 02:39 PM
still looking for help on why 2012 manual, page 9-43, states that you can turn off rear view camera by pressing button on rear view mirror. but, there is no button to do so. any thoughts?

TheCaptain
06-30-13, 10:58 AM
Please do not start new threads on something that already exists. Use the search button if you can't find a thread. This one hadn't even left the front page yet.

cmfmef
06-30-13, 03:14 PM
well, excuse me! I'll be more careful next time

redvett94
06-30-13, 06:15 PM
Mayi ask why you want to turn off a safety aid?

cmfmef
07-01-13, 08:37 AM
my wife finds it very distracting in the rear view mirror

cmfmef
07-01-13, 04:21 PM
no button to push on rear view mirrior

bhirschy
05-01-14, 09:07 PM
I had some service work done on my 2012 SRX and now the RVC (backup camera in the rear view mirror) is not working. I also saw in my manual where it tells me to push a button on the rear view mirror to turn it on and off but there is no button like they are describing, can you please tell me how to turn my RVC back on?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-02-14, 11:34 AM
I had some service work done on my 2012 SRX and now the RVC (backup camera in the rear view mirror) is not working. I also saw in my manual where it tells me to push a button on the rear view mirror to turn it on and off but there is no button like they are describing, can you please tell me how to turn my RVC back on?

Hello bhirschy,

I apologize that your Rear View Camera isn’t working in your SRX after getting this work done. Did you have this service work done at a dealership? If so, I would be happy to reach out to them and let them know that you are now experiencing this concern and what they advise. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you are working with if you would like our assistance. If you are not able to private message us, you can also send this information to our email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thank you very much for your time. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Marc NY
05-02-14, 04:54 PM
my wife finds it very distracting in the rear view mirror
I had some service work done on my 2012 SRX and now the RVC (backup camera in the rear view mirror) is not working. I also saw in my manual where it tells me to push a button on the rear view mirror to turn it on and off but there is no button like they are describing, can you please tell me how to turn my RVC back on?I believe I may see your problem here...

The 2012 SRX RVC is located in the center console area and not located up in the rear view mirror area.

My wife has a 2011 Terrain that has a RVC in the rear view mirror. So I believe either you have the wrong owners manual for your SRX or are you driving a different type of vehicle that has the RVC in the rear view mirror.

*Edit: I don't have the owners manual handy thus I am not sure if you have a "Base" SRX and if so then perhaps the RVC might be located in the rear view mirror. :hmm:
** Update** just heard from a friend of mine who has a "Base" SRX and he says he doesn't have a RVC. :hmm: :hmm:

jra
07-16-14, 06:37 PM
My 2012 SRX manual said the button to turn off the RVC is on the rear view mirror IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT EQUIPPED WITH A NAV SYSTEM. If there is a nav system, then there is no button on the rear view mirror. Keep reading in the manual if you have nav.