: 05 ESV Air Ride Compressor Not Running Even After Replacing

BlueOvalKid
06-29-13, 02:25 PM
2005 ESV Platinum

Air ride compressor was not running. To diagnose I looked at fuses and jumped relay pins and still wouldn't turn on.

Based on above I bought a replacement compressor from Arnott and replaced it along with rebuilding the dryer.

Put everything back in and the compressor is still not turning on.

What do I check at this point?

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 03:54 PM
2005 ESV Platinum

Air ride compressor was not running. To diagnose I looked at fuses and jumped relay pins and still wouldn't turn on.

Based on above I bought a replacement compressor from Arnott and replaced it along with rebuilding the dryer.

Put everything back in and the compressor is still not turning on.

What do I check at this point?

There should be a couple fuses in the under hood fuse box check those and also check the stud 1 fuse

BlueOvalKid
06-29-13, 07:01 PM
I need to know what is feeding pins 85 & 85 on the relay circuit.

I have a good 12v on pin 30. If I jumper pins 30 & 87 the compressor will turn on manually now. So, I know my replacement Arnott is ok.

What is feeding the 85 & 86 lines on the relay to open that circuit to kick on the compressor?

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 08:34 PM
I need to know what is feeding pins 85 & 85 on the relay circuit.

I have a good 12v on pin 30. If I jumper pins 30 & 87 the compressor will turn on manually now. So, I know my replacement Arnott is ok.

What is feeding the 85 & 86 lines on the relay to open that circuit to kick on the compressor?

Check the rtd fuse in the underhood fuse

BlueOvalKid
06-30-13, 08:35 PM
I have checked & double checked every fuse under hood and the IGN3 on the interior fuse panel.

the cadillac man
06-30-13, 10:10 PM
I have checked & double checked every fuse under hood and the IGN3 on the interior fuse panel.

I would check the connections

BlueOvalKid
07-01-13, 11:16 AM
I would check the connections

Can you elaborate or can anyone else provide some guidance?

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 12:33 PM
Can you elaborate or can anyone else provide some guidance?

I was talking about the harness at the compressor check it

BlueOvalKid
07-01-13, 04:17 PM
Pin 30 has 12v with key OFF

Pin 85 has 12v with key ON

Jump either to pin 87 and the compressor turns on (obviously dependent on key position).

What feeds pin 86 to complete the relay circuit? I'm thinking it has to come from either the compressor or computer to signal the relay to close the bridge to pin 87.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this relay and what circuits control it?

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 05:14 PM
Pin 30 has 12v with key OFF

Pin 85 has 12v with key ON

Jump either to pin 87 and the compressor turns on (obviously dependent on key position).

What feeds pin 86 to complete the relay circuit? I'm thinking it has to come from either the compressor or computer to signal the relay to close the bridge to pin 87.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this relay and what circuits control it?

Send me a pm with your email(if my inbox is full let me
Know as the iPhone app doesn't let me
Know how full it is)

BlueOvalKid
07-01-13, 08:15 PM
Send me a pm with your email(if my inbox is full let me
Know as the iPhone app doesn't let me
Know how full it is)

Sent

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 09:49 PM
Sent

Got it

BlueOvalKid
07-02-13, 03:50 PM
If I'm looking at the schematic correctly then pin 86 of the relay is controlled by the ESC computer, correct?

I have checked all other pins of the relay and they are working properly.

Since I don't have any DIC messages would this point to the ESC computer being bad then and I need to replace?

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 05:54 PM
If I'm looking at the schematic correctly then pin 86 of the relay is controlled by the ESC computer, correct?

I have checked all other pins of the relay and they are working properly.

Since I don't have any DIC messages would this point to the ESC computer being bad then and I need to replace?

I would see if the fuse isn't blown for the module
You are correct on the pin

pmartell12
07-02-13, 08:26 PM
try starting it and putting in in drive... I saw that worked on the million dollar post

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 10:18 PM
try starting it and putting in in drive... I saw that worked on the million dollar post

Mine kicks on even in park

BlueOvalKid
07-03-13, 04:24 PM
I would see if the fuse isn't blown for the module
You are correct on the pin

There is no fuse for the ESC Module circuit that feeds pin 86 on the relay.

dahubby98
10-30-13, 07:02 PM
Sent

I sent a pm also. could i bother u for a copy, thanks