: Installed Corvette Servo

Jophusp
06-29-13, 10:38 AM
After hearing about it on this site, and doing some research, I went for it. Was really hoping to eliminate the occasional, very sluggish upshift from 2-3gear, especially at hard throttle. There are alot of good walkthroughs out there, so I did not worry about taking pictures, but if anyone else is contemplating this, I figured i would share my experience. It was a fairly easy install. overall it took me nearly 2 hours, but I am not the fastest mechanic out there, and I wanted to get it right the first time. I have a 2003 escalade XS-500, with Borla exhaust, so I do not know if the heat shield is different in stock, but that had to be un-bolted from the tranny, and pulled down out of the way. A 2x4 fit perfectly between the servo cover, and the floor liner, freeing up both hands, which was a big help on the re-install. There is not enough room to pull the servo out, without pulling the spring off the pin while it is still in the tranny, but that was not too hard. If you take your time, make sure everything is put together correctly the first time, its really not that hard. Make sure to lube everything up real good. Getting that final pin back in with two hands is not that hard, with one, nearly impossible. Check for leaks, put heat shield back on. I lost a quart on Tranny fluid, so I replaced with Lucas. Went for a little drive, and now I have a huge smile on my face. BEST 20 BUCKS I ever spent. First my 1-2 is crisp, and firm, all the slip is gone from my 2-3 shift, and it is firm, and quick as well. easy city driving is firm, but just right, not rough by any means, hit it hard, and it responds as it should. I recommend it to everyone, and will never own another 4L60+ without it.

wesyder
06-29-13, 11:47 AM
After hearing about it on this site, and doing some research, I went for it. Was really hoping to eliminate the occasional, very sluggish upshift from 2-3gear, especially at hard throttle. There are alot of good walkthroughs out there, so I did not worry about taking pictures, but if anyone else is contemplating this, I figured i would share my experience. It was a fairly easy install. overall it took me nearly 2 hours, but I am not the fastest mechanic out there, and I wanted to get it right the first time. I have a 2003 escalade XS-500, with Borla exhaust, so I do not know if the heat shield is different in stock, but that had to be un-bolted from the tranny, and pulled down out of the way. A 2x4 fit perfectly between the servo cover, and the floor liner, freeing up both hands, which was a big help on the re-install. There is not enough room to pull the servo out, without pulling the spring off the pin while it is still in the tranny, but that was not too hard. If you take your time, make sure everything is put together correctly the first time, its really not that hard. Make sure to lube everything up real good. Getting that final pin back in with two hands is not that hard, with one, nearly impossible. Check for leaks, put heat shield back on. I lost a quart on Tranny fluid, so I replaced with Lucas. Went for a little drive, and now I have a huge smile on my face. BEST 20 BUCKS I ever spent. First my 1-2 is crisp, and firm, all the slip is gone from my 2-3 shift, and it is firm, and quick as well. easy city driving is firm, but just right, not rough by any means, hit it hard, and it responds as it should. I recommend it to everyone, and will never own another 4L60+ without it.

Glad to hear the experience was great