: Be Sure To Pay Your Parking Tickets

Ralph
02-14-05, 09:04 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/02/14/regina-tickets050214.html

90Brougham350
02-14-05, 10:52 PM
140 tickets? Gotta love how it's always someone else's fault, ya know? Why should she pay her parking tickets? Hell, the city should apologize to her! She's obviously not to blame, after all, the rules apply, just not to her, right? Probably drives a Ranger! :histeric:

Brian

Ralph
02-14-05, 10:58 PM
140 tickets? Gotta love how it's always someone else's fault, ya know? Why should she pay her parking tickets? Hell, the city should apologize to her! She's obviously not to blame, after all, the rules apply, just not to her, right? Probably drives a Ranger! :histeric:

Brian

LOL! Maybe she thought someone else would pay them. :helpless:

davesdeville
02-15-05, 02:16 AM
Speaking of paying things... if you do a burnout in a private parking lot 300 feet away from any cars, can a cop write you up for wreckless driving? Not that I.. ah screw it yeah it happened and I'm screwed arent I. :annoyed:

D148L0
02-15-05, 10:04 AM
"She still hasn't paid all the fines, which come to about $5,000. Dunne is pushing to have the fines reversed, the case dropped and an apology issued by the city. "
The nerve...

/I'd hit it.

turbojimmy
02-15-05, 10:20 AM
Speaking of paying things... if you do a burnout in a private parking lot 300 feet away from any cars, can a cop write you up for wreckless driving? Not that I.. ah screw it yeah it happened and I'm screwed arent I. :annoyed:

Check with your lawyer. In NJ for example, on private property traffic signs (like speed limit, stop signs, etc.) are merely suggestions. Only where the property owner has entered into an agreement with the local police can they enforce traffic laws. Little signs as you enter the parking lots indicate such agreements. I'm sure more egregious infractions fall out of these restrictions, so you should check with your lawyer.

I would think a lawyer could successfully argue that one in your defense if it went down as you described. I've gotten caught testing the adhesion of my slicks in a local parking lot a couple of times and the cops have simply said to knock it off.

Jim

Stag
02-15-05, 10:48 AM
I'd hit it.

C'mon...you would????

Ralph
02-15-05, 12:46 PM

See, the trick is to do burnouts when the police aren't looking. :p

turbojimmy
02-15-05, 01:25 PM
See, the trick is to do burnouts when the police aren't looking. :p

Yes, but the clouds of white smoke and the bits of rubber stuck to your tailpipes and lower 1/4 panels give you away.

Jim