: Is there a quick release tow hook mount license plate for us?

mrkool
06-28-13, 10:09 PM
i got the normal front tow hook mounted and made the mistake of going through a high end car wash and my license plate got all kinds of bent. If i want to take out the plate it will take for ever to remove 4 screws then remove the center screw.

what do you guys with tow hook mounted plates do? and don't say hand wash :) this is my daily driver and it rains here every other day i can't keep washing it

KellyE
06-28-13, 11:28 PM
I too have the Tow hook mounted plate, live in the NW and it is also my DD. We used a sturdy frame (dealer suppled w/ their name on it). I do hand wash my car several times a week due to the constant rain. My car is Black...no auto car wash for me..:stirpot:

r_calif
06-29-13, 12:51 AM
I too have the tow hook mounted plate, and am not willing to hand wash. I've gone through the carwash several times and the plate hasn't bent.

Ludacrisvp
06-29-13, 01:21 AM
I have the CTS V tow hook plate mount from RHO on my STS. Not sure of the clearance you have but I just keep the correct sized wrench to remove the whole thing with the plate still attached. But I've gone through many washes with no damage to it or the car.

setherman5000
06-29-13, 02:04 AM
Shame on you all for going through a car wash! That should be added to your Car-fax.

baabootoo
06-29-13, 09:57 AM
I've gone through many car washes also, and never had it bent either.

mrkool
06-29-13, 12:09 PM
are all tow hooks created equal? meaning if i buy this http://www.mfestlab.com/product_p/qckrelichldr.htm for a bmw will it fit my V?

beneseagal
06-29-13, 04:12 PM
Shame on you all for going through a car wash! That should be added to your Car-fax.

LMAO!!! I agree, who knows what rust bucket went thru there 2 cars before you with pieces of they're rotting car still jambed in the cloth that is now running around your car! You should be punished!

Ludacrisvp
06-29-13, 04:34 PM
LMAO!!! I agree, who knows what rust bucket went thru there 2 cars before you with pieces of they're rotting car still jambed in the cloth that is now running around your car! You should be punished!

That is why touch less exist.

thebigjimsho
06-29-13, 10:03 PM
That is why touch less exist.

To strip the wax off your car in one pass...

Ludacrisvp
06-29-13, 11:06 PM
To strip the wax off your car in one pass...

Hey it needs a good refresher from time to time

PeteK
07-01-13, 04:22 PM
D3 makes a hook/plate combo with a threaded rod that goes into your tow hook hole and a plate mount that screws into the rod. The mounting nuts on the threaded rod are still free (as opposed to mounted the plate housing), so it's not the most painless process, but certainly easier than a lot of the other designs out there.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/license-plate-tow-hook/