: Front end or transfer case issue?

gtpimp
06-28-13, 10:41 PM
Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 ext with 102k on the clock.. It has had 24" rims on it for a few years which I know causes problems for frequently.. The problem I'm having is if I stop at a stop sign and give it gas the front end bangs a little like its trying to catch up to the engine.. If I really ease into the throttle it doesn't happen, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 01:22 AM
Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 ext with 102k on the clock.. It has had 24" rims on it for a few years which I know causes problems for frequently.. The problem I'm having is if I stop at a stop sign and give it gas the front end bangs a little like its trying to catch up to the engine.. If I really ease into the throttle it doesn't happen, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It could be the transfer case but you would need a helper and nerves to get under the truck while its running and have the helper work through the gears while watching for movement

wesyder
06-29-13, 11:50 AM

Possible motor mount from your description

gtpimp
06-29-13, 03:06 PM
Ok thanks, one other thing is the gear shifter is pretty loud especially going back and fourth from D to R and R to D, some chatter maybe something can be lubed up? I just changed my front & rear diff along with transfer case oil as well..

65kaiser
07-03-13, 08:46 AM
Possibly U- joints.