: BMR AWK Review Revisement

thebigjimsho
02-14-05, 06:48 PM
OK. I spent all night Saturday trying to perfect my launch technique. I must say I had experienced a couple of burnouts in the past with the BMR kit with very little wheelhop. But I have been unhappy.

I have to say that with the kit, there is an extremely small window in which a near perfect launch will get you going with kit. I don't like the amount of clutch slippage I need with the revs I need to use to do this. But for a finite amount of launches, this will work.

So any of you who have said how your kit works, how have you tailored your launches. I need to rev above 3000rpm, let the clutch out SLOWLY and as tires start to spin, gently give extra throttle while continuing clutch disengagement.

Hopefully the BMR in conjunction with the Lingenfelter bushing kit will make this easier.

2004ctsv
02-14-05, 09:08 PM
Boy, that's the way my wife used to drive when she had to take my old truck to work. But it was pretty easy replacing the clutch in a Ford pickup.

Tony

wildwhl
02-14-05, 10:02 PM
bigjim -

you got it, that's just about what it takes for me as well.

Kels55
02-15-05, 09:18 AM
Same here. It truely is a very small window for a prefect launch with a lot of clutch not exactly how I would like with something that says 75% fix.