: jacking advise for 2011 cts

benigs
06-28-13, 03:28 PM
so I was advised not to slide the floor jack under the front center of the car to raise the front. The reason was that the cts does not have a cross member like the older vehicles, such as my 67 chevelle. The only place the jack should be used is the 4 points specified, behind each front tire and in front of each rear tire. What if I wanted to raise the complete front? Also I thought if I wanted to raise the complete rear end, I could place the jack under the "pumpkin" in the middle of the rear housing? Thanks for any advise as I sure as hell don't want to do any damage!

CTS4MATION
06-29-13, 01:17 AM
Im in the same boat man. Ive had the wheels off a few times in the past couple weeks and its a PITA pulling them off 1 by 1. I havent found any other way to do it. But im also in the same boat as you..... there may be a way to do it but im not willing to risk my jack going through something of breaking something. So I just go for the sure thing and pull them 1 at a time.

MD-11
06-29-13, 02:32 AM
This is from alldata 121305

jimmie jam
06-30-13, 09:28 AM
Thank you MD for the Rx.

benigs
06-30-13, 04:37 PM
Yes MD---thanks!!

tinman
07-01-13, 11:12 AM
FYI, I use a hockey puck on my hydraulic jack to avoid any damage to the car. I also use ramps, too, along with wheel chocks - just in case. Please, please be sure NOT to get under your car with only a jack holding it up. Use either ramps or jack stands!!!!!!

99flhr
07-01-13, 11:29 AM
Having two jacks simplifies the process.