: Carrera run in.

Koooop
02-14-05, 03:54 PM
I got to drag race a 2002-2004 Porsche Carrera yesterday, he had a good (very close) look at the back of the V up to 100mph. He did have the advantage of a Tiptronic, but I allowed Zero wheel hop on take off and shifting and let that 395 pounds of torque work him! You would've thought the driver was a BMW guy, he wouldn't even look over after his beating.

:burn:

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 03:57 PM
Nice. American education at it's finest.

thebigjimsho
02-14-05, 04:37 PM
You would've thought the driver was a BMW guy, he wouldn't even look over after his beating.
BMW type?? Whatever.:tisk:

willsctsv
02-14-05, 04:49 PM
A carrera you should walk a way from every time, now, a Carrera S that's a problem..

trukk
02-14-05, 04:54 PM
A carrera you should walk a way from every time, now, a Carrera S that's a problem..

I was behind a new Carrera S the other day. The ass end was so large it belonged in a HipHop Video.

What are the stat on those things. [no energy to goggle for it]

-Chris

Koooop
02-14-05, 05:13 PM
BMW type?? Whatever.:tisk:

Some people hate hemis, some of us hate...:rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
02-14-05, 05:35 PM
Some people hate hemis, some of us hate...:rolleyes:
.....people?

There is quite a difference between hating a piece of machinery and a person. Hemi Hater is a relative term. I admire DaimlerChrysler for producing the 300, Magnum and Charger. Give me a choice, though, and I'm picking the LS6. It's a nice rivalry on which I'm glad to be on GM's side.

But start insulting BMW drivers because this is a Caddy forum and get the accolades from those who agree with you or don't care, but brace yourself for those who take ignorant comments personally.

Koooop
02-14-05, 07:18 PM
.....people?

There is quite a difference between hating a piece of machinery and a person. Hemi Hater is a relative term. I admire DaimlerChrysler for producing the 300, Magnum and Charger. Give me a choice, though, and I'm picking the LS6. It's a nice rivalry on which I'm glad to be on GM's side.

But start insulting BMW drivers because this is a Caddy forum and get the accolades from those who agree with you or don't care, but brace yourself for those who take ignorant comments personally.

I don't insult BMW drivers because this is a Caddy forum, I do it anywhere!

LOL

:histeric:

V-Max
02-14-05, 07:48 PM
The 996 it sounds like you raced was not rated over 320hp. The new 997 would prove a tough race in a straight line.

Nothing wrong with the "Ultimate Driving Machine" looking for the Ultimate Driver. I think every name plate has owners that fit in that category, some just require bigger pocket books. :)

Norm

willsctsv
02-14-05, 09:16 PM
Porsche Carrera 325 HP, 0-60 4.8 sec. Top speed 182, it's not on porshe's website, but I saw the1/4 mile times in a road and tracl 60 issue, I think it was a 13.4.
The V seems to be a little quicker.. Not as much as I thought..
The Carrera S has 355 HP and 0-60 in 4.6, and 1/4 mile times are around 12.8..
The price tag for the s is about 80K..

I love my V for 49K and it's rare..

Vrocks
02-14-05, 10:07 PM
:coolgleam

I like the new 997's, especially the S version.
I had a run-in with a 996tt the other day, but I don't want to talk about it... he didn't win... :yup:

Sandyfoot-V
02-14-05, 10:09 PM
An anesthesiologist colleague and I have regularly met on a stretch of recently re-paved highway on the way to our mutual office location. He drives a modified Carrera 4S Cabriolet; mainly exhaust/brake/tire mods for track performance. Locally, we have jumped the lights during a long straightaway and I usually leave him—barely—behind. We have also lapped at Sebring were the Porsches dominate the turns. What’s fun is to have a string of Porsches on your tail through turns 15 and 16, and blow them away on the straightaway. Overall, surprisingly even.

P.S. What’s really wild at Sebring is to get passed at 130 mph on Ullmann straight by a 750 hp GT Viper going 175 mph. WOW! :eek:

willsctsv
02-14-05, 10:18 PM
Viper, Hands down gotta be the best race car for the money!
Daily driver it may be a bit much, Sunday racer.. Another story!

V-seriesTech
02-15-05, 08:02 AM
Viper, Hands down gotta be the best race car for the money!
Daily driver it may be a bit much, Sunday racer.. Another story!

from driving an 2000 ACR Viper, black, 19inch black HRE's,...and also a EB 2002 Z06,....I would choose the Z06. More leg room, less cabin heat. Both cool cars but,...the Viper EVERYDAY,...MAY get old to some.