: Replacing chrome parts solid black

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have part numbers or know of anyone who could get get me the number of a place with them? Would like to replace most of my chrome with just black parts. It's just to much for me.

blackex
06-28-13, 02:38 PM
You can replace the grill with a color matched grill direct from GM. I forget the part number, I ordered mine on Amazon I believe and it helped the front end of mine become mostly black instead of chrome/black. For the remaining chrome accents such as the hood chrome piece I tapped it off and used permatex plasti dip to paint it black to match. I went this route so that I could easily remove the black at anytime rather than have a permanent color change.

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 02:45 PM
You can replace the grill with a color matched grill direct from GM. I forget the part number, I ordered mine on Amazon I believe and it helped the front end of mine become mostly black instead of chrome/black. For the remaining chrome accents such as the hood chrome piece I tapped it off and used permatex plasti dip to paint it black to match. I went this route so that I could easily remove the black at anytime rather than have a permanent color change.

Thanks that's an awesome idea! I think I'll go that route to. Thanks again

blackex
06-28-13, 02:47 PM
The plasti dip leaves sort of a flat black finish so it sort of sticks out however it's not that noticeable to me and it was cheap and fast to do.

Damndirtyape
06-28-13, 02:59 PM
The plasti dip leaves sort of a flat black finish so it sort of sticks out however it's not that noticeable to me and it was cheap and fast to do.

Especially if you mix a little blue in it but I might have had a little overspray from doing the chrome bits. LOL
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x280/RedneckRocket/IMG_20130617_120707_zpsdf4ffa33.jpg

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 03:15 PM
Especially if you mix a little blue in it but I might have had a little overspray from doing the chrome bits. LOL

Did you use the same kind of paint also how did you do the rims? A spray or brush?

----------

Do you have pics?

blackex
06-28-13, 03:17 PM
"Overspray" would be an understatement in this case lol

----------

I can take some and post them when I get a chance.

Damndirtyape
06-28-13, 03:37 PM
Did you use the same kind of paint also how did you do the rims? A spray or brush?

----------

Do you have pics?

Yes, I used plasti dip thinned with xylene & vm&p naptha and sprayed with a hvlp gun. The rims I did with the plasti dip cans. it can all be peeled and taken back to 100% factory stock looks if I were so inclined.