: Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade

Bridgette2013
06-28-13, 01:37 PM
After looking into it seriously, does anyone have the v700 performance package?

ptrd
06-28-13, 06:34 PM
I'm sure it's a good package (slightly priced higher than others) but do some searching and if you want to get to 700 hp, there are some other options.

spearfish25
06-28-13, 07:11 PM
Hennessey extends your warranty. So the extra cost does get you something. Oh, and a Hennessey badge.

----------

Hennessey comes with an engine warranty. So the extra cost does get you something. Oh, and a Hennessey badge.

gOt BoOsT
06-28-13, 08:04 PM
claimed hp figures in packages from most companies are bhp.

V locity
06-28-13, 10:52 PM

Where are you?

Havasusteve
06-29-13, 02:46 AM
Where are you?

Shes in Houston Keith...

Let me help you here....G-Force in Pearland builds a great CTS V

Gary Wells
06-29-13, 05:27 PM
I just had the Hennessey V700 installation done at their Lake Forest, PRK, and I love it.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/a-moderators-view-of-the-board.397512/page-2#post-3232812

The main reason that I chose them was their 3 year, 36K mile limited warranty, their up front "no bs" advertised pricing, & pick-up & delivery of the car.

I will send you a PM with my phone & cell # if you have further queries.

Please clear your PM box.

Bridgette2013
06-30-13, 11:31 AM
Great thanks. Helps a lot. I spoke to john Hennessey through a contact at Sewell Dealer and he should let me know by Monday when he can get Bridgette(my car's name hehe) into the shop to do the build. Installation for v700 setup is about a. Week.

It will cost $16,865 installed. With a 36000ile warranty which layers on top of the existing factory warranty.

----------

Jut read your post Gary. Very excited. This setup des not come with headers. It's an add on I opting for.

Gary Wells
06-30-13, 02:59 PM
AFAIK, the V700 Texas package generally includes headers and is generally priced at about $18,950 or so, less tax if it applies.
I would have headers but HPE does not install headers on PRK licensed cars.
Mine ran $18,306 out the door including PRK tax.
I am very happy with mine. HPE does go far and beyond for their customers.
They have excellent customer service as far as I am concerned.

Bridgette2013
07-01-13, 05:06 PM
:yup:

jzchen
07-03-13, 03:27 AM
AFAIK, the V700 Texas package generally includes headers and is generally priced at about $18,950 or so, less tax if it applies.

Got friends at a smog check station?????

CavemanB52
07-03-13, 06:58 AM
Got friends at a smog check station?????

Live in a state that's not saying the sky is falling and you won't need an inspection.

Gary Wells
07-03-13, 10:17 AM
Nope, planning on using yours.
J/K, Jesse, right.
I'm hoping to pass smog,
other than changing out the CAI

hlantin
07-03-13, 12:43 PM

Gary, congrats on the new mods...it's like getting a new car!

Gary Wells
07-03-13, 02:00 PM
Many thanks, Hector, we'll have to get together sometime.
Maybe Donut Derelicts or Irvine Cars & Coffee?

jzchen
07-04-13, 08:50 PM
Live in a state that's not saying the sky is falling and you won't need an inspection.

This is home. Kind of hard to move... It sure is hot out. Global warming may be for real!!! Kind of makes one wish for another ice age, that and your user name. :cool:

Nope, planning on using yours.
J/K, Jesse, right.
I'm hoping to pass smog,
other than changing out the CAI

Still think you'd need a friend. True, mine's not modded, but VINs wouldn't match. License plates can be swapped easily enough. :cool:

Thanks for remembering me! I kind of only know a few people here. I really haven't done much to the V. Don't really want to have to deal with smog issues, although I have a cousin who says that he knows someone. (Like I have money to do mods. I guess an intake is reasonably priced enough though.) Let me know and I'll ask when/if the time comes.

basa
07-05-13, 03:30 PM
I'd call up http://www.weaponxmotorsports.com/ or http://www.realworldhorsepower.com/ for all your parts and find a good performance shop to do the install. Tell us where you're located we'll point you to a good shop, don't rely on those canned tunes, a local V with this "Hennessey" kit went to a local shop to get retuned and boy was that tune off.

buddyg
07-05-13, 06:48 PM
You can get the same power for half the price, Hennessey is very overpriced but some people like the warranty. Not sure how the warranty works, could be interesting to file a claim.

Bridgette2013
07-05-13, 11:44 PM
I'm in Houston basa. Will look into see what they offer. As for warranty, Sewell Cadillac of Houston offers Hennessey packages and basically the engine would be covered by Hennessey for 3 yr/36000 mile. Everything else is covered under the factory warranty. You can bet I called 3 different times to ensure the warranty was indeed a warranty.

basa
07-06-13, 11:52 AM
If I lived in Houston I'd take my car to http://www.gforce-tx.com/ no doubt, they have built some sick V's. For that extra 10k you're paying you could build your motor. Call up the guys at Gforce.

lambdaman
07-08-13, 01:24 PM
I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell you everything Cams, Hand ported heads, complete exhaust headers & pipes, even the killer carbon fiber hood for less than half the price than Hennessey.

I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..

Luna.
07-08-13, 07:02 PM
If I lived in Houston I'd take my car to http://www.gforce-tx.com/ no doubt, they have built some sick V's. For that extra 10k you're paying you could build your motor. Call up the guys at Gforce.

:yeah:

21st Century Muscle Cars is also an excellent option. I'd check with these guys before doing anything. They turn out some serious automobiles...

Bridgette2013
07-08-13, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the contacts.

Club Malibu
07-08-13, 10:02 PM
I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basa
07-08-13, 10:13 PM
Brigette, email me or clean up your PMs

Bridgette2013
07-09-13, 11:19 AM
Brigette, email me or clean up your PMs

Try now

Umrswimr
07-09-13, 01:43 PM
:yeah:

21st Century Muscle Cars is also an excellent option. I'd check with these guys before doing anything. They turn out some serious automobiles...

Or go with EnglandGreen (http://www.englandgreen.com/) since he's local to Houston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAC37H6QpY

rayjoedef
07-09-13, 03:28 PM
There are so many other options other than Hennessey at 1/2 the price....If done correctly, you will never need a 3yr warranty....Hennessey knows this, that's why it's offered.

Bridgette2013
07-09-13, 10:23 PM
There are so many other options other than Hennessey at 1/2 the price....If done correctly, you will never need a 3yr warranty....Hennessey knows this, that's why it's offered.

Thanks rayjoedef. I'm looking into this. Spoke with England green guys. Really nice people. Will research more since everyone seems to turn away from hennessey.

jzchen
07-11-13, 06:43 AM

Maybe someone made a suggestion to Hennessey because of experience with Dinan....

buddyg
07-11-13, 11:20 PM
I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell you everything Cams, Hand ported heads, complete exhaust headers & pipes, even the killer carbon fiber hood for less than half the price than Hennessey.

Pics, videos, dyno, do tell

John Hennessey
07-17-13, 05:30 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the questions and comments. There are lots of ways to make big power on the V and we offer many options. Our V700 is very popular due to the warranty and the fact that it is available through Cadillac dealers such as Sewell and Hendricks. If somebody is looking for 800-1500 hp, we offer that too in a variety of ways from supercharging, twin turbos to nitrous. Here is something very important to consider when sending your V to an aftermarket shop: Garage keepers liability insurance. Make sure the shop you send your car to has this type of insurance in place before you send your car there. We spend over $100k per year on insurance to make sure that our customer's cars are properly protected. At any given time, we have 50 cars in our facility with a combined value of close to $5 million dollars. And each car is protected against fire, flood, test drives, etc. If a shop does not have this kind of insurance then if something happens, YOUR insurance will be the one that pays and you could end up on the short end. FYI.

A few years ago a guy owned a highly modified Ford GT and sent it to a small shop operated for some additional mods. The shop owner was test driving the car and lost control and destroyed the car. The car owner had over $300k invested in the car. And since the small shop owner didnt have garage keepers insurance, the car owner's insurance had to kick in and pay. And he only got a fraction of his investment back.

If you are going to modify your V, send it to a proper shop that runs a real business and has proper insurance.

John Hennessey
www.HennesseyPerformance.com
979-885-1300

MikePeters@Hennessey
07-17-13, 06:19 PM
To piggyback off of what John said, we are not a small shop, and if you're looking for cheap bang/buck, that's not something we try to do.

If you're looking for a serial-numbered collectible car that you can trade in and have resold as a certified GM vehicle, that Hennessey badge is something that will get you there. All of our vehicles are built, tested, tuned and dialed in on our test track. We are the only tuner in North America with a test track on-site. You absolutely pay a premium for that. If you'd like to make 975rwhp with a Whipple, that's not something we would do, as a set of turbos is exponentially more efficient.

We aren't a speed shop, and we don't try to be. You didn't buy a CTS-V because it was the cheapest way to get horsepower, you bought a CTS-V because it is a refined, engineered, pinnacle of performance. We extend the performance aspect, without compromising anything else. GM recognizes this, as do hundreds of our clients per years that we build cars for. We cost more than 90% of other shops, we take longer than 100% of the other shops (due to our volume), and we have cars lined up outside the shop with clients who are more than excited to get their builds started, and a backlog of cars awaiting the opportunity to come here for our upgrades. Our customers know what they get, and most of them are extremely happy. Some of them take their cars to other shops after the fact for additional upgrades, and then we read posts about how our cars are messed up, when the bottom line is there was a third party involved between our build, and that is not something that we have any control over. Used Hennessey vehicles pop up all the time with 2nd owner modifications, and issues. They also pop up all the time just as they left, with no issues and delighted 2nd hand customers.

You will absolutely not find a customer of ours on here (or anywhere for that matter), with a post count of more than 5, that had a build done directly with us that was not happy. You'll find many people with used vehicles, vehicles that were modified after the fact, who may think less of the vehicles, but in all fairness, if someone else has tweaked it, it's no longer a Hennessey car, and you can't judge an edited book with some pages ripped out by it's cover. As with any used machine, there are many factors that can cause fatigue or issues, the #1 thing being lack of proper maintenance.

If you'd like to find out more about us, as John said feel free to give us a call, 979-885-1300, or you can call me directly at 713-650-5341. You're also more than welcome to come by our facility at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road in Sealy, TX 77474. I'll be more than happy to have you come by and show you the shop, what we build, and the 60+ cars up here owned by clients who want the most reliable, warrantied, hassle-free horsepower on the market.

Thanks,

Mike

Bridgette2013
07-17-13, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the Reply.

I have been researching, seriously lately.

heard from folks about your work.

Also, interested in hearing other shops chime in about the insurance dilemma.

MikePeters@Hennessey
07-18-13, 11:13 AM
Hey Bridgette, we always encourage people to look around and find what is the best fit for them. We turn away quite a lot of business from people who are looking for more of a speed shop, where they want a cam that they (the customer) specs out, a high-stall torque converter, nitrous, or making one-off modifications for horsepower. All of these things are cool, but they are not what our business model is, or has been for 22 years. I've personally got a 1970 Camaro I'm building, and I turn away clients with things like I have, just because that isn't what we do. As part of the sales team here we encourage customers to see if we're the best fit for them, and if we are, we love building cars for people. We build reliable serial-numbered collectible cars that you can drive to and from work everyday, take your significant other to a nice dinner, and pull up to your favorite team's stadium in, as well as everyone's favorite post-game activity, sitting in traffic trying to leave the game, that fellow gearheads will notice, and give you the good old 'thumbs-up' as you share the same 100' of road for an hour trying to leave.

If you'd like feel free to give me a call directly at 713.650.5341. We can also pick up your car from your doorstep, and drop it back off to you, all the cars have a full detail, photo shoot, and a lot of other things done that we, and our customers feel add value. Our cars are valued by KBB and NADA, and as far as modified cars are concerned, normally fetch a premium on the 2nd hand market. As stated earlier we aren't the cheapest shop, but we're also talking about modifying CTS-V's here. If you were looking for the cheapest way to make horsepower, there are plenty of 10 second Fox-Body mustangs on Craigslist for $5,000 or less, and I think we all know how we feel about the thought of driving that to work everyday, or being stuck in traffic with them, lol.

Look forward to assisting with any more questions related to Hennessey Performance's upgrades we offer for the CTS-V in this thread.

Thanks,

Mike

IBMike
07-18-13, 11:24 AM
To piggyback off of what John said, we are not a small shop, and if you're looking for cheap bang/buck, that's not something we try to do.

If you're looking for a serial-numbered collectible car that you can trade in and have resold as a certified GM vehicle, that Hennessey badge is something that will get you there. All of our vehicles are built, tested, tuned and dialed in on our test track. We are the only tuner in North America with a test track on-site. You absolutely pay a premium for that. If you'd like to make 975rwhp with a Whipple, that's not something we would do, as a set of turbos is exponentially more efficient.

We aren't a speed shop, and we don't try to be. You didn't buy a CTS-V because it was the cheapest way to get horsepower, you bought a CTS-V because it is a refined, engineered, pinnacle of performance. We extend the performance aspect, without compromising anything else. GM recognizes this, as do hundreds of our clients per years that we build cars for. We cost more than 90% of other shops, we take longer than 100% of the other shops (due to our volume), and we have cars lined up outside the shop with clients who are more than excited to get their builds started, and a backlog of cars awaiting the opportunity to come here for our upgrades. Our customers know what they get, and most of them are extremely happy. Some of them take their cars to other shops after the fact for additional upgrades, and then we read posts about how our cars are messed up, when the bottom line is there was a third party involved between our build, and that is not something that we have any control over. Used Hennessey vehicles pop up all the time with 2nd owner modifications, and issues. They also pop up all the time just as they left, with no issues and delighted 2nd hand customers.

You will absolutely not find a customer of ours on here (or anywhere for that matter), with a post count of more than 5, that had a build done directly with us that was not happy. You'll find many people with used vehicles, vehicles that were modified after the fact, who may think less of the vehicles, but in all fairness, if someone else has tweaked it, it's no longer a Hennessey car, and you can't judge an edited book with some pages ripped out by it's cover. As with any used machine, there are many factors that can cause fatigue or issues, the #1 thing being lack of proper maintenance.

If you'd like to find out more about us, as John said feel free to give us a call, 979-885-1300, or you can call me directly at 713-650-5341. You're also more than welcome to come by our facility at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road in Sealy, TX 77474. I'll be more than happy to have you come by and show you the shop, what we build, and the 60+ cars up here owned by clients who want the most reliable, warrantied, hassle-free horsepower on the market.

Thanks,

Mike

Or you buy this one! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/700-HP-2013-Hennessey-Cadillac-CTS-V-Coupe-Owned-John-Hennessey-/400532205889?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d41947141

Bridgette2013
07-18-13, 12:11 PM
Thank u

matt116
07-18-13, 12:48 PM

So jealous
Ultimate set up

Gary Wells
07-18-13, 02:19 PM
I just recently had my 30K mile '09 Cad CTS-V modified to the Hennessey V700 specs
and I had a very positive experience with the Lake Forest, CA facility. I am very happy
with the Hennessey crew at that facility. They were very pleasant, well informed,
courteous, & professional and it was a very uplifting experience. I love the car & the
power that the V700 package produces. The key players that I dealt with were Don
Goldman, David Jette, & William Rollins, & 1 mechanic, whose name I have forgotten.
All great people.
Hennessey Performance Engineering cars may not be for everybody.And yes,
they are not cheap. True quality never is cheap. I believe that you pretty much get
what you pay for.

----------

This is home. Kind of hard to move... It sure is hot out. Global warming may be for real!!! Kind of makes one wish for another ice age, that and your user name. :cool:

Still think you'd need a friend. True, mine's not modded, but VINs wouldn't match. License plates can be swapped easily enough. :cool:

Thanks for remembering me! I kind of only know a few people here. I really haven't done much to the V. Don't really want to have to deal with smog issues, although I have a cousin who says that he knows someone. (Like I have money to do mods. I guess an intake is reasonably priced enough though.) Let me know and I'll ask when/if the time comes.

Many thanks, Jesse, I might take you up on that offer.

MikePeters@Hennessey
07-18-13, 03:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience Gary.

Rule12b
07-18-13, 03:38 PM
1. Inexpensive
2. Reliable
3. Powerful

Choose any two, but you can't have three. :-)

It's nice to see shops with a clear picture of who they are and what they offer. I've gone the D3 route and been satisfied time and time again. Even so, there are those who will post their issues. I think the same is true for Hennessey. My only complaint with Hennessey is that I wish they get some of their customers to bring a few cars out to the Cadillac Challenge and share the fun with us on the track!

Gary Wells
07-18-13, 04:04 PM
1. Inexpensive
2. Reliable
3. Powerful

Choose any two, but you can't have three. :-)

It's nice to see shops with a clear picture of who they are and what they offer. I've gone the D3 route and been satisfied time and time again. Even so, there are those who will post their issues. I think the same is true for Hennessey. My only complaint with Hennessey is that I wish they get some of their customers to bring a few cars out to the Cadillac Challenge and share the fun with us on the track!

Haha, that's funny, Richard. On the gun forums it's: cheap, fast, good, pick any 2.
I generally go to the GTG's but overslept for the one last weekend.
I'm just too lazy to go to the Challenges, but I am glad for those that do.
At my age, I am thankful to be on the top of the grass and not below it.
I know quite a few of the peeps at D3 and they are good people.

Bridgette2013
07-19-13, 06:18 PM
I just recently had my 30K mile '09 Cad CTS-V modified to the Hennessey V700 specs
and I had a very positive experience with the Lake Forest, CA facility. I am very happy
with the Hennessey crew at that facility. They were very pleasant, well informed,
courteous, & professional and it was a very uplifting experience. I love the car & the
power that the V700 package produces. The key players that I dealt with were Don
Goldman, David Jette, & William Rollins, & 1 mechanic, whose name I have forgotten.
All great people.
Hennessey Performance Engineering cars may not be for everybody.And yes,
they are not cheap. True quality never is cheap. I believe that you pretty much get
what you pay for.

----------

Many thanks, Jesse, I might take you up on that offer.

Awesome!

ajweedman
10-23-13, 07:00 PM
I just got mine done with the V700 along with the Corsa Catback pipes at the Sealy TX location...I live in Austin. They were very easy to deal with. Chris took care of everything, they picked it up and had it back in less than 2 weeks. Man, I thought it was quick before....but this is crazy. It is actually a bit scary how the tires spin. Sounds awesome also. I am keeping this thing for some time. I would say if you want something that will light up the tires at half throttle and blow away just about anything on the road....when they arent expecting it...get it.

Zipperator
10-24-13, 07:42 PM
Will a CAI and Flow masters pass a visual at smog??

Luna.
10-25-13, 02:28 PM
I'm curious, does Hennessey have a tuner at the So Cal facility and, if so, is each car tailored from a tune perspective on site? Or, is it more of a canned-tune approach?

citori01
12-12-13, 02:14 PM
Gary r u the one that has an 8 sec. GN? I have been to Bowling Green 12 times back when Tweaked and Kenny D. Ruled the roost. I have had 7 GNs and 3 turbo Ts. The fastest street car was 10.10s

Gary Wells
12-12-13, 08:56 PM
Gary r u the one that has an 8 sec. GN? I have been to Bowling Green 12 times back when Tweaked and Kenny D. Ruled the roost. I have had 7 GNs and 3 turbo Ts. The fastest street car was 10.10s

No sir, Mine runs 12.7 at about 107 or so currently in street trim @ about 20 lbs. of boost. A few of the normal bolt-ons though. Mike Barnard, SPOOLFOOL2 the bumper filler dude over on TB.com did that when he was dialing in the new AlkyControl meth system.
I am afraid to run t for fear that peeps will see a 20 sec pass in a mid 12 sec car.
Currently a tad under 34K original miles on it. About 12K miles on it when Hemmings did the photo shoot.
I have had 1 86 t-type, 3 87 turbo-t's & 1 87 GN. Very purty car though. Real sleeper, too.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2009/05/01/hmn_feature6.html

rbzstsv
12-13-13, 09:55 AM
Classy looking car!

Gary Wells
12-13-13, 10:50 AM
Many thanks for the props.

rbzstsv
12-13-13, 03:26 PM
Well whenever you need a new home for that beauty I'll be sure to go out of my way and provide a heated garage space for her..plus I'll handle any re homing fees. :)

Gary Wells
12-13-13, 06:19 PM
Well whenever you need a new home for that beauty I'll be sure to go out of my way and provide a heated garage space for her..plus I'll handle any re homing fees. :)

I would expect nothing less of you.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/d27222/Garys%20engine/turboshield018_zps8b58a261.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/d27222/media/Garys%20engine/turboshield018_zps8b58a261.jpg.html)

citori01
12-14-13, 10:40 AM
That is so funny. Two guys named Gary Wells that both own turbo buicks.
I can tell you I loved every one of mine.
The twin turbo stage II has a special place in my heart, that motor was beautiful
and it made 1065 hp at 22 lbs of boost. Had $60K in just the car and I'm not that rich so I parted it out
and almost got all my money back. Your car is sweat.

----------

I actually designed and fabricated a new intake system for the 84 and 85 that included a heavily modified intake, TB, and modified intercooler.
The system made an extra 100 hp and a second off their times. It was pretty cool.

Gary Wells
12-14-13, 11:28 AM
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/d27222/Garys%20engine/turboshield012_zpsdabcea1e.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/d27222/media/Garys%20engine/turboshield012_zpsdabcea1e.jpg.html)

----------

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/d27222/Garys%20engine/turboshield010_zps5b6336ea.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/d27222/media/Garys%20engine/turboshield010_zps5b6336ea.jpg.html)

----------

Even though the turbo Buick holds my heart at ransom for the last 10 years,
this is my very special heart throb & squeeze since '09.
658 RWHP & 617 RWTQ on a Dynojet using SAE correction factor.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/d27222/Garys%20engine/turboshield005_zps2d862801.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/d27222/media/Garys%20engine/turboshield005_zps2d862801.jpg.html)

Gary Wells
12-14-13, 08:48 PM
Many thanks to everybody at the Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE), Lake Forest, CA facility for the excellent work & customer Service that they did on my ’09 CTS-V HennesseyV700.
They have truly outdone themselves on quality of work & customer service.
William Rollins, shop manager, called me a while back and told me that HPE was willing to do whatever it took to make me a happy camper customer. I told him that I was not totally happy with the tune a little rough, & the RWHP & RWTQ gain over stock dyno baseline runs.
William replied that he would see what they could do & get back with me the next day.
I thought that I had better not hold my breath on this one. Next thing that I would believe in was that there really were Leprechauns with pots of real gold.
Next day, no call. I thought oh-oh, this is not good.
Next day, William calls & I almost passed out right there on the phone.
HPE was going to buy the 10” lower pulley that I wanted & let me have it at their cost & HPE would Install it for free, & check out the rest of the car for free. Their tuner was coming out from Texas the next week & tune it, also for free. I was beside myself. Damn near fell over dead.
Car went to D-3 the next week & they did a great job on the installation of my Kooks headers & went outside of the envelope quite a ways for me on the installation of the AlkyControl meth unit by sectioning the driver compartment control box, cutting it in half, & installing it next to the lighter compartment, ensuring that the door would shut for that clandestine factory “box stock” look.
HPE installed the pulley the next week, had the car tuned for the meth & headers, & had it detailed.
On a “balls out” “Banzai” run it laid down a very respectable 715 RWHP & 698 RWTQ. They dropped back the timing a couple of degrees, dropped the alky controller about 2 #’s, & laid down a very respectable 658 RWHP & 617 RWTQ, using SAE CF, for my street tune.
My bill from HPE: $ 512. HPE paid for all labor expenses, including the tune. I only had to pay for lower pulley, Idler relocation bracket, & belt.
They picked me up 82 RWHP & a similar amount of RWTQ. or $ 512. I am totally beside myself on HPE fixing everything for me (for free) & coming to my aid. I am just totally ecstatic. The RWTQ goes almost straight uphill on the graph.
This was truly a “gift from heaven”. God Bless HPE, even the Tejas boys.

Luna.
12-15-13, 03:33 PM
Car went to D-3 the next week & they did a great job... Consider yourself extremely lucky

Gary Wells
12-15-13, 06:59 PM
After it is all said & done and I've gone through the trials &
tribulations of many speed modification shops over the years:
Occasionally, every good shop has a bad day, & every bad shop has a good day.
It's the % of times that either a good shop or a bad shop falls into the wrong category.
Same as picking a wife / partner.

Luna.
12-15-13, 10:36 PM
After it is all said & done and I've gone through the trials &
tribulations of many speed modification shops over the years:
Occasionally, every good shop has a bad day, & every bad shop has a good day.
It's the % of times that either a good shop or a bad shop falls into the wrong category.
Same as picking a wife / partner. We aren't talking days, we're talking years... I'm seriously happy for you. But this is NOT a situation where they just had a bad day; don't even go there.

hlantin
12-17-13, 11:31 AM
Gary, congratulations on a great outcome and glad things got resolved! Those are pretty healthy #s.

cadillacandalambo
12-17-13, 07:00 PM

I've had this package installed for 3 years now. Bought my V Coupe in July of 2010 and sent it to Sealy with 500 miles on it for the V700 package (at the time, now its HPE700) and 30k miles later she's still running like the beast she is!

I just had the Hennessey V700 installation done at their Lake Forest, PRK, and I love it.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/a-moderators-view-of-the-board.397512/page-2#post-3232812

The main reason that I chose them was their 3 year, 36K mile limited warranty, their up front "no bs" advertised pricing, & pick-up & delivery of the car.

I will send you a PM with my phone & cell # if you have further queries.

Please clear your PM box.

I didn't know they do the V700 here in CA.. I sent my V out to Texas for this Package...

Gary Wells
12-17-13, 09:36 PM
Gary, congratulations on a great outcome and glad things got resolved! Those are pretty healthy #s.

Many thanks, Hector, I am falling in heat with the car all over again.
I love driving the car now, and I feel very little evil.

----------

I've had this package installed for 3 years now. Bought my V Coupe in July of 2010 and sent it to Sealy with 500 miles on it for the V700 package (at the time, now its HPE700) and 30k miles later she's still running like the beast she is!
I didn't know they do the V700 here in CA.. I sent my V out to Texas for this Package...

They didn't do the HPEV700 In PRK until about a year ago, Mario.
Also, The PRK package does not include headers nor a tune for 93 octane.
I am totally stoked over the #'s they brought to the table, the quality of their work,
their ethics, & their customer service.
I am now running a 10" lower pulley, Kooks, & AlkyControl methanol,
and tuned for that. I am simply in love with the car now.
I really believe Hennessey went outside of the envelope to help me on this car.

CyberVlad
12-24-13, 12:23 PM
OK. Lame question...

How's fuel economy after the HPE700 upgrade?

Don't wanna end up with 7MPG 3 times a week refills.

Thanks!

Gary Wells
12-24-13, 07:55 PM
If you are concerned with fuel economy leave yours stock.
I can't really say that it increased any.