: Service right low beam failure

GJB
06-28-13, 11:50 AM
On my way home from work I my I received this service warning on the DIC. Both low beams appear to be working fine? And of course this morning the alert did not appear and I never dismissed it.

1. Has anyone had this alert?
2. Is the day time running light and the low beam the same bulb?

rustybear3
06-28-13, 11:56 AM
It's a false positive...Cadillac is aware and is working on a software fix....

M5eater
06-28-13, 11:59 AM
edmunds reported on this exact issue with their car.

GJB
06-28-13, 12:31 PM
Thanks! My Dealer Service Consultant said he had not had that one before, not a big confidence booster in my service department.

FluxTZ
06-29-13, 02:20 PM
I've had it pop up periodically as well.

David
06-29-13, 04:43 PM
I had this appear just once in the 6 months I've owned the car; I'm aware of this 'bug'. Other than that, the car has been fantastic!

Red Sox Dynasty
07-01-13, 09:53 AM
I've had the same problem a couple of times but not in the last 2 months. First time was a false positive and the last time, the light actually was not turning with the wheels. The ol' shut down and restart clears the error.

tomuchwrk
07-15-13, 08:19 PM
I've had the same problem. Just re-started the car...

chrismc2001
09-22-13, 09:29 AM
I just picked mine up yesterday and this morning when I went out and started the car(still dark outside) this warning for "right low beam failure" appeared in the DIC. It appears as though there is still a light of some sort on but it is definitely not as bright as the left low beam. Perhaps this is the DRL?(Canadian vehicle) I will have to see if this warning is still there when I leave work today. Not a good sign though with only 50km on my first Cadillac!Sheesh.

GJB
09-22-13, 12:03 PM
I had it happen 2X a few days apart and then never again. a couple of weeks ago I went in to have some warranty work done and told them about it and an update was applied. No problems and nothing to worry about.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-22-13, 06:06 PM
We're sorry to hear that you may be having an issue with your lights on your new ATS, chrismc2001. Hoping that your update later today reads something like "Lights on at full blast and all is well." If you still have trouble, we would recommend you get in touch with your preferred dealership to get this checked out.

Sarah (Assisting Greg)
Cadillac Customer Care

CRW7096
09-23-13, 01:48 PM
I had it happen 3 times over the last 4 months. Once I was picking a friend up to go to the airport and when I restarted my car leaving his house, he told me to pull over and he noticed my right beam was aiming way higher than my left. Just so happens that this friend is the same one who sold me the car and he told me to turn it off, open the door, close it, and start again. Everything was aimed fine. The two times that I have actually noticed the fault code in the DIC, I didn't see any misalignment - once was at night leaving work and the most recent was when I went to pick up my car from getting a wash at the dealership. I called one of the service advisors over and he said there's a software update that should address the issue so they kept my car for the afternoon and it should be fixed now. It comes on at completely random times from what I've been told, so I will just wait and see if it shows again.

bowtie_30
09-23-13, 02:33 PM
I just had this error message come up on my DIC this morning on my way into work. I've only had the thing for a week but I will mention it when I get my first oil change and see if they can install the software update.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-23-13, 03:19 PM
I just had this error message come up on my DIC this morning on my way into work. I've only had the thing for a week but I will mention it when I get my first oil change and see if they can install the software update.

Hello bowtie_30,

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you part of the Cadillac family. Congrats on your recent purchase of your 2013 ATS! I am sorry for any vehicle issue you are experiencing already. If you would like to discuss any concern, or would like our assistance with the dealer, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message and are here to help.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-23-13, 07:17 PM
I had it happen 3 times over the last 4 months. Once I was picking a friend up to go to the airport and when I restarted my car leaving his house, he told me to pull over and he noticed my right beam was aiming way higher than my left. Just so happens that this friend is the same one who sold me the car and he told me to turn it off, open the door, close it, and start again. Everything was aimed fine. The two times that I have actually noticed the fault code in the DIC, I didn't see any misalignment - once was at night leaving work and the most recent was when I went to pick up my car from getting a wash at the dealership. I called one of the service advisors over and he said there's a software update that should address the issue so they kept my car for the afternoon and it should be fixed now. It comes on at completely random times from what I've been told, so I will just wait and see if it shows again.

I am sorry for the right low beam failure your ATS is experiencing, CRW7096. Let me know how the software update went and if the issue seems to be fixed. Don't hesitate to contact us via private message if any additional concerns or questions arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

mels1229
09-26-13, 11:32 PM
My 5 week old ATS 2.0T Premium just gave me this error tonight. I did what others tried - turned the car off and then back on. So far that resolved the issue. Is there a recall for this intermittent problem that quite a few of us apparently have with our brand new cars?

GJB
09-26-13, 11:38 PM
Yes dealer can apply an update just report it to them next time you bring it in.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-27-13, 07:39 PM
My 5 week old ATS 2.0T Premium just gave me this error tonight. I did what others tried - turned the car off and then back on. So far that resolved the issue. Is there a recall for this intermittent problem that quite a few of us apparently have with our brand new cars?
Hello mels1229,

As GJB stated, there does seem to be an update available to address this issue. I would be more than happy to contact your dealership to make an appointment for this concern. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

bbrown450
10-04-13, 12:02 AM
Had it happen on (3) different ATS's...fyi

GJB
10-04-13, 12:16 PM
Had it happen on (3) different ATS's...fyi

If you don't mind my asking, How did you get that much time in 3 different ATS's.

bbrown450
10-11-13, 10:23 PM
Trust me you don't want to know. Seriously what I am going thru is nothing compare to some of the issues that apparently not being responded to (rough idle, blaml screens

----------

sorry fat finger....I am a new ATS owner of about 1 month and am on (3) times being painted waiting for (4), I have had the trunk and hood replaced as a brilliant solution to fixing other paint issues I have had possession of my vehicle maybe 2 weeks total. I am on my 4th error code and still have a blinking lite in my shifter and a passenger rear view mirror that will not tilt....ever.
I traded in Vette #2 which I had zero problem with and prior to that I had (2) Lexus's..suffice to say...they do things differently over there...when people don't listen...they lose their jobs...to a certain degree...so that my experience ...but like every one else on here apparently.... I believe so much in this car

scsgoal31
10-15-13, 10:11 AM
While driving into work this morning, OnStar came on and played a recorded message. It was informing me that a software update for the Forward Adaptive Lighting system is available and will download overnight while my car is parked. Should take about 10 minutes and I'll receive an email once complete. My guess is this is the software update referenced above by Greg W.

Hoosier Daddy
10-15-13, 11:23 AM
While driving into work this morning, OnStar came on and played a recorded message. It was informing me that a software update for the Forward Adaptive Lighting system is available and will download overnight while my car is parked. Should take about 10 minutes and I'll receive an email once complete. My guess is this is the software update referenced above by Greg W.
I hope the update gets rid of the pointless self calibrations (or whatever the hell it rightfully does when the lights are moving all around at startup). It's really annoying to have the car throwing its beams all around the garage like some B movie prison escape scene any time you just open a door to get something out. Don't care much for it doing the same when you shut the car off after driving into the garage but they probably aren't smart enough to figure out how to do that without their liability lawyers panicking.

bbrown450
10-19-13, 02:04 PM
Had it happen on (3) different ATS cars (long story) Once I got mine it happened and had it in for software update and no issues since... on another note anyone having issue with their "Active" headlights not centering the same? Was parked up against a wall and once they went thru their "dance" the right one was noticeably higher so I shut the car off and restarted and both are fine... I will be looking at this more closely now.

ewired
10-20-13, 10:16 AM
Had it happen on (3) different ATS cars (long story) Once I got mine it happened and had it in for software update and no issues since... on another note anyone having issue with their "Active" headlights not centering the same? Was parked up against a wall and once they went thru their "dance" the right one was noticeably higher so I shut the car off and restarted and both are fine... I will be looking at this more closely now. I have had this a few times as well. Usually the right beam as well. Should be fun to duplicate at service. However I have a little advantage on this issue. My buddy ( Cadi Salesman) and I went load up his '33 for Cruising the Coast. As we left his shop, he asked me why I was driving with my brights on. Driving under trees looked like we had spot lights on the car. I chuckled and told him that the FAL (I call them fails) misaligned. He looked puzzled, so I stopped in the middle of the road under blanketing trees, shut off the car, and turned it back on. After the restart they were fine. In total this has happened about 10-15 times.

bbrown450
10-28-13, 11:24 PM
dunno if you all saw the other thread on here but it seems Caddie is doing an ONSTAR download while the car is sitting "off". You should have gotten an email by now "opting in"

Hoosier Daddy
10-29-13, 01:59 PM
dunno if you all saw the other thread on here but it seems Caddie is doing an ONSTAR download while the car is sitting "off". You should have gotten an email by now "opting in"
If someone doesn't get an email it could just mean your car doesn't need the update (e.g. newer car came from factory with it or with parts that don't require a software band-aid, car doesn't have the option, update was done by the dealer at some point).

GJB
10-29-13, 02:06 PM
If someone doesn't get an email it could just mean your car doesn't need the update (e.g. newer car came from factory with it or with parts that don't require a software band-aid, car doesn't have the option, update was done by the dealer at some point).

Edit
Mine was done by the dealer in Aug and I just got the email today so they must be going by vin and not service records since it was not a flagged update like the HVAC was when I had it done.

db_outlaw
12-12-13, 02:53 PM
Mine popped this message this morning. Looks like its a false positive so no need to schedule service. I'll just wait until my next oil change and mention it then.

GJB
12-12-13, 03:20 PM
db, Did you get the OnStar email notifying you of the update they can push?

db_outlaw
12-12-13, 03:51 PM
No but my OnStar isn't activated...

GJB
12-12-13, 05:44 PM
DB I do not think it needs to be because they just cut your service not their ability to reach your car.