Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suspension question?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
On my spare tire it says F14L i have a 2006 Cadillac STS V8 N* I am wondering what kind of suspension setup do i have.

#2 ·
That is NOT your suspension code...You could easily determine if you have F55 by lifting the plastic covers above your strut towers and checking for an electrical connection on the top of the front struts....If you do you have the Magnetic Ride Control system...

On your spare tire cover sticker look for FE*, the * meaning a number....that is your suspension code.

#3 ·
Also when i turn the car on i hear like a hissing is that the rear shocks filling up or is that a problem? The hissing goes away in a few seconds after startup....I also just got my car out the shop i had to have a complete engine overhaul has anyone else had to do that my car was misfiring and ticking.

#4 ·
The rear leveling compressor will run right after startup, that is normal. As far as your engine, I have not experienced that issue...What did they fix? Sounds to me like it needed plugs and/or ignition coils...

#6 ·
A blown HG in an 06? Guess I haven't heard/seen that here on the newer N*.....sorry to hear about that!

Not sure if the shocks deflate when the car gets shot off, I would imagine they would as the compressor runs at startup to fill them back up. Sounds logical to me....

#8 ·
I only remember 1 other thread reporting HG issues in a 2nd gen Northstar. There's around 8,000 threads in this forum.

14 - Your leveling system could be leaking down. Is it worse overnight (compared to a few hours)?

The previous owner may have been rough on your car. How many miles do you have? Do you have any of the service record?

#9 ·
EChas3 said:
I only remember 1 other thread reporting HG issues in a 2nd gen Northstar. There's around 8,000 threads in this forum.

14 - Your leveling system could be leaking down. Is it worse overnight (compared to a few hours)?

The previous owner may have been rough on your car. How many miles do you have? Do you have any of the service record?
IMHO I would call the lh2 a gen 4

Gen 1 93-95
Gen 2 96-99
Gen 3 00-05
Gen 4 05+

#10 ·
If you like, sure. But until they were re-worked with VVT & the longitudinal orientation for the 2004 SLR & SRX the Northstar still experienced greater than expected HG issues and oil consumption related to piston skirt & bore cross-hatching. Some analysts contend that the HG issue was due to Glycool/gasket incompatibility, but cooling system issues were still statistically greater than many similar engines even after the gasket forumlations were changed.

#11 ·
I havent had any cooling issues but a pinhole leak in the water pumo but it closed up somehow... but im kind of worried about the rear shocks dont know what to do

----------

I have 91k miles on my cadillac, if it comes down to it if the rear shocks go bad i dont think im willing to pay 600 dollars for each new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.