: Heard From Cadillac Service!!!

NIK
02-14-05, 01:18 PM
I just got off the phone with Cheryl Zerbe, a Cadillac Relationship Manager who contacted me at my place of employment. We spent a good 25 minutes talking about wheel hop, tires, etc. and she was very aware of every one of the issues we've had. It also sounds like they are looking for a solution to the wheel hop issue, as well possibly to the low mileage situation we're getting with the F-1's.

At any rate, it appears they want to do everything possible to make us "V" owners happy, including giving me her direct phone number and certificates for 1 year of oil changes and tire rotations (actually, a free set of tires wouldn't hurt, either!) I can't look a gifthorse in the mouth - it's the first free anything I've gotten from Cadillac thus far.

Bottom line - keep those E-Mails to Cadillac going - it looks like they are starting to make some impact!

trekster
02-14-05, 01:38 PM
It's about time. Hopefully they make the fix asap since the maggie won't be touching my car until there is a fix for the rear end.

GNSCOTT
02-14-05, 03:47 PM
Totally suprised they called. They must have picked you randomly. After having trouble with a dealership putting in a new rear, i requested a service rep to call me to see if they did the fix according to procedure and caddy customer service said that they refused to call. All this from a customer that bough a new: 02 WS6, 03 Vette, 04 $45k Silverado, and an 04 CTS-V. I still have an email typed out that I am going to send to every GM exec email addy I can find, and we will see if this rep still has a job. Sorry to rant.

GM will do nothing to fix our cars. They may do it for new vehicles, but I dobt that with the new CTS redesign happening. Its not a warranty issue, it is not causing the rears to break (just look at how many Vettes blow rears when their HP to weight ratio is more like the V's). They will not develop a part to "Fix" wheelhop, because them they will have to admit there is a problem. Also there are not enough of them for GM to develop a product to fix it. Sorry to be a negative Nancy ( got that from King of the Hill:) ) but Gm is just blowing smoke and they will fix it for the people who buy the 07's.

NIK
02-14-05, 04:12 PM
I actually sent them an E-Mail voicing our concerns and apparently there are quite a few E-Mail complaints flooding them. They called me last week and I told them I didn't have time to talk (I was on my way to a funeral.) I thought that would be the end of my chances to talk to someone, but today they called me at work. Actually, I myself have no problems at all except for potential tire wear, but Cheryl told me they have been aware of the wheel hop and tire issues and want to "make things right." Are they blowing smoke? You are possibly right ... if that's the case, I have 4 years to break the rear. The tires are another story. The car is still a fantastic machine!!!

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 04:19 PM
I am on the phone right now with her. I'll post after the phone call. (BTW it is going well)

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 04:55 PM
Ok, off the phone now. Cheryl called and we talked for approximately 20 – 30 minutes. First she wanted to apologize that she didn’t get back sooner as she has been out of the office sick (I completely understand).

She then went over the details of the email/snail mail I sent in. She talked about the dealer I went to and how they had all the same data on file I gave to her via emails. She was very thorough and seemed like she really wanted to help not just the scripted lip service.

Cheryl never said to me that this is the way the car is and deal with it, in fact she went out of her way to make sure that I understood she is creating customer complaints back to the factory for us (forums members). These customer complaints are needed to make the factory focus on the problem.

She also said I would be getting a Component Coverage Letter that describes the extended service (warranty) on the rear end parts until 7 years and 100,000 miles. I did not have to ask for this, and she did say that others may or may not get this depending on case by case situations. The details of the letter she is sending out are.
“ Dear Mr. DgtalPimp :devil:,

I appreciate you taking the time to speak to me today regarding your 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. Per our conversation, as promised, is the email following up your file #1-30XXXXXXX2.

I am pleased to hear that you have accepted our offer of the Component Coverage Letter for 7 years or 100,000 miles on the rear wheel drive. I will begin processing it immediately. I hope that this gesture has renewed your faith in the Cadillac Division and we look forward to many years of your continued patronage. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

The following items will be covered:

Rear-Wheel Drive - Axle shafts and axle shaft bearings; axle housing, all internal parts; propeller shafts; "U" joints; wheel bearings; locking hubs; rear axle hub bearings; seals and gaskets; differential side, pinion gears; and disc or cone - limited slip.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-458-8006. Customer Relationship Managers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Mr. DgtlPimp, it was a pleasure speaking to you and contact me directly should I be of further assistance.

Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Zerbe
Customer Relationship Manager
Cadillac Customer Assistance Center“

I would just like to say this kind of real service does help me believe that Cadillac does care about us as customers and want to make right on any problems we are having. Cheryl was very nice, polite, and genuine about the issues we spoke of. She seemed to really have a desire to want my business in the future. :cheers:

NIK
02-14-05, 05:14 PM
I got the same impression you did ...... looks promising, eh?

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 05:16 PM
Roger that! :thumbsup:

lasstss
02-14-05, 05:48 PM
Here is an interesting list of GM cronies.

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 05:51 PM
Here is an interesting list of GM cronies.

Lasstss you sure you wanna post home and cell numbers in this public forum?

lasstss
02-14-05, 06:00 PM
Lasstss you sure you wanna post home and cell numbers in this public forum?

Thanks chief... Guess that wasnt such a hot Idea. I copied it off the media site, looked like public info. I'll pay better attention next time . Thanks for the heads up..:worship:

DgtalPimp
02-14-05, 06:02 PM
No worries, just thought it was alot of info to post here. :cheers:

BTW Cheryl was very helpful on the phone. I hope to see real fixes from our efforts to get Cadillac's attention.

erp2863
02-14-05, 06:05 PM
My guess is that if GM is willing to provide extended drivetrain warranties to those that complain, GM will not be working on a wheel hop solution. The GM bean counters have probably figured out that the cost of replacing X number of rear ends is far below that of development,test, and implemetation costs for a fix.

Now lets hope they make the tire wear problem right.

Eric

jdodman
02-14-05, 06:32 PM
I also spoke with Cheryl (she called me back) and I turned down the extended warranty offer since I plan on flipping the car in 2 years. I did state I would prefer a fix to the problem, rather then extended coverage. She understood but also admitted there was nothing she could do at this time. She also offered to mail me a copy of a document that would go to the better business bureau stating my case. Not sure what this was all about....but said sure, what the heck.

I also do NOT think a fix is in sight. If GM could have fixed this, they would have done so by now. Perhaps 2007 will see this resolved, but for now we have to live with it.

For any vendor that comes across an absolute, valid fix , this would be an obvious gold mine...

RobzBLKV
02-14-05, 06:40 PM
For all you doom sayers, fixes work like this sometimes. Look at the BMW M3 debacle - they refused to acknowledge a problem in spite of many blown engines, eventually increased the warranty up to a certain build date point, and after that recalled all of them in spite of the warranty. They may or may not fix it, but the reputation damage if they don't may outweigh the bean counting. For example, I would probably go back to another manufacturer next time around and cadillac loses big.

Jdodman, I suspect the BBB document is in preparation for you trying to make them buy the car back through the lemon laws. Could be wrong of course, but that's what it sounds like.

CTSV05
02-14-05, 06:57 PM
Well, I will continue to keep hope up, and believe there will be a solution, as I am going tomorrow to Chesrown while the BMR kit and snubber are installed, I will be taking pics and working on a solution myself.

Maybe I'll hit Gold!!! maybe just come close, either way, I believe this will be for the better, at least Caddy is making some effort!!!

This is how kool Chad at Chesrown is, he is allowing me to watch the tech install these parts, I told ya they were good guys!!!

M5eatr
02-14-05, 07:03 PM
What gives? I still didn't get my call. Well at least they are aware and if we make just a bit more noise, maybe they will get us a fix. :thumbsup:

onebadcad
02-14-05, 07:12 PM
I just received a call from Cadillac Assistance, and was told that my wheel-hop letter was received and in file, but the issue would not be addressed until there is a documented visit to the dealership with no resolution. Of course, the owner would then have to contact Cadillac Assistance after the visit and have them confirm such. If anyone has done such, please tell me the protocol, as I am not sure that launching in their driveway and hoping down the asphalt is what they want to see. But then again, I could accomodate that wish...

jdodman
02-14-05, 08:49 PM
Do not get me wrong. I think Cheryl was very nice on the phone, followed up with a call after my last dealer visit. Had all my info current and was knowledgable about the whole situation. Could not have been nicer.

HOWEVER :
I used to work in one of the many named car assembly divisions of GM for over 15 years. Since this car is into it's second year of production, and the wheel hop had to be apparent during the prototype build, I feel the correction would have been made by now, if a correction was on the horizon.

I am usually very optomistic, but I am also a realist..Unless this becomes a safety issue, they will probably just put up with the noise...

Rob Ketcham
02-14-05, 09:10 PM
I'm wondering how many of our group have spoken with Cheryl. Count me in. Did anything happen, did she call back, did the dear dealer get off their backside? As one who is generally positive, I find myself curious that anyone could believe the BS being dished out. I think my experiences this past year with Cadillac (Cadillac management, service personnel, and dealer) are almost as bad as what I experienced years ago with an Olds dealer in DC. No follow up, no effort to make it right: the customer is always suspect or wrong.

The V is such a great car, but the support (dealer and Cadillac) just isn't there. My experience with my AMGs is so different from what I get from the Cadillac dealer. Items are taken care off after I bring them up, I'm not on the defensive, and unavailable parts are overnighted. I've never owned a high priced Japanese car, but I understand the experience is pretty good: whatever is wrong is fixed, no questions asked.

I do hope you guys are getting through to the powers that be. It is so sad that something as good as the V is being skewered by lowlife parts weinies and bean counters. They need to wake up. I have two neighbors who have traded in their Cadillacs and gone to the Japanese because of poor service and factory support.

I decided on Friday, after another stupid dealer incident, to bail out and cut my loses. I really love my V, but without the support its not worth it. Perhaps by 06 things will be better and I can buy another one. I hope so.