Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Speed Limiter

15K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  framedforlife 
#1 ·
I just want to know if a Cadillac Gm dealership has the capabilities to remove my
Speed limiter. It is a 2009 STS awd. That's all I want to be armed with is correct
Answer , as my friend is the GM of dealership and if the service dept is able to do it he will definately get it done for me..

Thank you.

#4 ·
Search would of done you good. Yes they can and No they won't. To delete it is not a simple on off on the tech 2. It requires connection to GMs database and downloading a ECM tune with one which the minute they try GM will deny it. So unless you know Bob lutz or are on par with GM performance development devision you're gonna go pound sand.

Pony up the cash and get with mad tuner and have him tune it out.

#7 ·
You know I been reading ALOT of posts in this forum and i have come to a conclusion , you are an
******* . No explanations needed , you always have a smart ass reply to anyone that asks a question that you feel is beneath your vast knowledge ! FYI my speed limiter was removed by the dealer. Have a great day !

#9 ·
MoistCabbage said:
Uhh, how was that a smart ass reply? :hmm:
No clue

I provided a legit honest answer and I guess it took him almost 2 weeks of letting that realization set in and burning his insides that he just had to lash out.

But I'm not going to let someone with only 3 posts bother me.

Guess he's bent because his dealer friend told him to go pound sand and he's too cheap to pay and have his illegal activities funded right.

Personally I'm glad an inexperienced kid can't go over 112 mph on the street. There's absolutely no reason he would need it.

#10 ·
GM will never turn off your speed limiter only a tuner will do that . I had a tuner turn off my speed limiter in my 2008 STS with the North-starV8 that is rear wheel drive and it took no time at all to do . I would also recommend changing your tires to a better tire and upgrading your brakes first so you can stop and don't kill yourself .

#11 ·
I have been searching for chips/tuners to remove the speed limiter and turn my horses up for the track. I am also going to Europe next year and going to hit the Autobahn. Upon doing internet searches, there are so many tuners, are there any ones that you or anyone else can recommend? The price point isn't really an issue - I just want a good one. And yes, I am upgrading my rubber, air intake, and everything else that I can. I love my STS - I only have 40K miles on it, but my Warranty ended in June 2014 due to the time restrictions, so I do not have to worry about voiding a warranty anymore.

#12 ·
LoveMeSomeSTS said:
I have been searching for chips/tuners to remove the speed limiter and turn my horses up for the track. I am also going to Europe next year and going to hit the Autobahn. Upon doing internet searches, there are so many tuners, are there any ones that you or anyone else can recommend? The price point isn't really an issue - I just want a good one. And yes, I am upgrading my rubber, air intake, and everything else that I can. I love my STS - I only have 40K miles on it, but my Warranty ended in June 2014 due to the time restrictions, so I do not have to worry about voiding a warranty anymore.
There isn't a hand held tuner or chip that exists for the STS and there hasn't been a chip for any car since the advent of OBD2 in 1996...

Contact Madtuner for a downloadable flash tune for your specific car. Tell him I sent you and hell hook you up with what your looking for.

#15 ·
Guess I got lucky... got my 1SG 2005 STS Black on Black from our local Caddy Stealer... The sales guy kept pushing me to a v6 or 1Sblah... and just then on a rainy afternoon. In rolled a car carrier semi with a new load. They had my future ride on that truck, I just didnt know it yet... I got the Black baby VIN #1SG...00210 - it's sister a VIN #1SG...00200 (silver version) went to road/track and motor trend for testing and write up in the mags in Jan 2005. I got the car in Feb. 2005 and let me tell you...

My speed is NOT limited... I have many times been up and down I75 to Florida late at night well over 125 and still have peddle...

It has been said before - It is a 10 yr old car with only 50K miles - Bluetooth, NAV, Heated/cooled seats, remote start - so many features STILL NOT available today on most cars.

FYI ---- Not sure everyone knows this - If you press and hold the TRACTION CONTROL button down for about 20 seconds - it shuts off both traction and stability - Let me tell you the drifting this car can do...

#16 ·
FYI ---- Not sure everyone knows this - If you press and hold the TRACTION CONTROL button down for about 20 seconds - it shuts off both traction and stability - Let me tell you the drifting this car can do...
I enjoy that in the snow often! She sure is fun to rip around in on an unplowed road. Controlled/legal speeds of course....

#17 ·
notyerdaddys said:
Guess I got lucky... got my 1SG 2005 STS Black on Black from our local Caddy Stealer... The sales guy kept pushing me to a v6 or 1Sblah... and just then on a rainy afternoon. In rolled a car carrier semi with a new load. They had my future ride on that truck, I just didnt know it yet... I got the Black baby VIN #1SG...00210 - it's sister a VIN #1SG...00200 (silver version) went to road/track and motor trend for testing and write up in the mags in Jan 2005. I got the car in Feb. 2005 and let me tell you... My speed is NOT limited... I have many times been up and down I75 to Florida late at night well over 125 and still have peddle... It has been said before - It is a 10 yr old car with only 50K miles - Bluetooth, NAV, Heated/cooled seats, remote start - so many features STILL NOT available today on most cars. FYI ---- Not sure everyone knows this - If you press and hold the TRACTION CONTROL button down for about 20 seconds - it shuts off both traction and stability - Let me tell you the drifting this car can do...
Yeah it is

It's drag limited at 154 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.