: Speed Limiter

Thetaxman653
06-28-13, 01:31 AM
I just want to know if a Cadillac Gm dealership has the capabilities to remove my
Speed limiter. It is a 2009 STS awd. That's all I want to be armed with is correct
Answer , as my friend is the GM of dealership and if the service dept is able to do it he will definately get it done for me..

Thank you.

ddgm
06-28-13, 08:49 AM
They can, but they won't!

curtc
06-28-13, 09:07 AM
:yeah: Highly unlikely

1BadCadSTS
06-28-13, 10:07 AM
Search would of done you good. Yes they can and No they won't. To delete it is not a simple on off on the tech 2. It requires connection to GMs database and downloading a ECM tune with one which the minute they try GM will deny it. So unless you know Bob lutz or are on par with GM performance development devision you're gonna go pound sand.

Pony up the cash and get with mad tuner and have him tune it out.

Thetaxman653
06-28-13, 06:36 PM
Thanks

EChas3
06-28-13, 09:28 PM
Heading to the track or just looking for a fast car award?

Thetaxman653
07-16-13, 02:39 AM
Search would of done you good. Yes they can and No they won't. To delete it is not a simple on off on the tech 2. It requires connection to GMs database and downloading a ECM tune with one which the minute they try GM will deny it. So unless you know Bob lutz or are on par with GM performance development devision you're gonna go pound sand.

Pony up the cash and get with mad tuner and have him tune it out.

You know I been reading ALOT of posts in this forum and i have come to a conclusion , you are an
******* . No explanations needed , you always have a smart ass reply to anyone that asks a question that you feel is beneath your vast knowledge ! FYI my speed limiter was removed by the dealer. Have a great day !

MoistCabbage
07-16-13, 03:23 AM
Uhh, how was that a smart ass reply? :hmm:

1BadCadSTS
07-16-13, 06:57 AM
Uhh, how was that a smart ass reply? :hmm:

No clue

I provided a legit honest answer and I guess it took him almost 2 weeks of letting that realization set in and burning his insides that he just had to lash out.

But I'm not going to let someone with only 3 posts bother me.

Guess he's bent because his dealer friend told him to go pound sand and he's too cheap to pay and have his illegal activities funded right.

Personally I'm glad an inexperienced kid can't go over 112 mph on the street. There's absolutely no reason he would need it.

studio caddi
07-23-13, 02:29 AM
GM will never turn off your speed limiter only a tuner will do that . I had a tuner turn off my speed limiter in my 2008 STS with the North-starV8 that is rear wheel drive and it took no time at all to do . I would also recommend changing your tires to a better tire and upgrading your brakes first so you can stop and don't kill yourself .