: coolant leak

broker900
02-14-05, 09:44 AM
I recently purchased a Cad Seville SLS 2000. Is now Out of Factory warranty. I noticed having to refill the coolant reservior more and more frequently. Long story short the engine has a pourisity problem sayith my dealer. I've read the comments re Bar sealant and it seems to have worked. My question : Is this just an tempory fix that just covers up more serious problems to come or can I just continue to use the Bar product? Bottom line should I just sell the vehicle or am I safe keeping it? Thanks for any input. Kathy

MWA
02-15-05, 10:58 AM
broker900-

Try posting your question on the Northstar Technical thread above this section and you will get some great responses.

Welcome to the forum! There are several very experienced engineers and technical experts on this site. (the Bbob and the Ranger are two of the best) Good luck!

CADDYBLACK99
02-15-05, 10:27 PM
Welcome Kathy!

Thanks for joining! I will move this post for better response. There are some very helpful people here. Enjoy your stay!
:welcome:
Paul

Ranger
02-15-05, 11:29 PM
I assume the dealer did the normal checks to rule out head gaskets. If infact it is a pourosity problem, the sealant tabs will take care of it. That is what they are designed for. Just replace them every time the coolant is changed.

zonie77
02-16-05, 01:49 AM
If it is a porosity problem it should stay constant and the sealant should work. The heat and pressure are relatively low.

Headgaskets would move with the heating/cooling cycles and are exposed to combustion pressure. The sealant wouldn't work permanently there.