: Adding paddle shifters on base 2.0T automatic?

BricksATX
06-27-13, 11:03 PM
I just noticed that Cadillac's parts catalog has a suede-wrapped steering wheel for the ATS. It comes both with and without paddle shifters. I have a 2.0T base automatic without paddle shifters. Will the paddle shifters work if I swap in the wheel that includes them?

Hoosier Daddy
06-27-13, 11:38 PM
I don't have an automatic but am currious about this too. In the Ford world, the paddles WOULD work except for a data value in some black box there striclty to prevent someone from getting an option without buying a package. Find and change the value and they would work. I have no idea if Cadillac does that kind of thing. The fact that you can easily add factory remote start to an automatic car that didn't come with it, indicates they might not be as evil and the paddles might work.

BricksATX
06-28-13, 01:05 AM
Is there a dealer or Cadillac representative out there that could confirm whether or not this would work?

----------

I just emailed my service advisor. I will post his response.

sim3a
06-28-13, 01:40 PM
good question

dfd
11-08-13, 02:19 PM
reviving this thread...Has anyone found any answer/info ?

Ragtop 99
11-08-13, 05:32 PM
It looks like KPE sells them for the CTS-V. You might give them a call and see if it is on their radar for the ATS. I'd be interested in this too.