: Warning, Do not go to your daughter house!

airbalancer
02-14-05, 08:20 AM
Saturday morning I went there to recaulk her tub surround.
There was nothing behind the surround at the bottom and it was falling off the fall.
Fine, I pull 2 sides off no problem , think I will fix the drywall that was gone will cement board and reglue the surround back into place.
Wrong, the place piece broke apart :rant2:
She had some cerimic tiles already in the basement so after replace the missing drywall I started to tile.
But had to buy a tile cutter, could have rent one but another daughter is moving into her first house this month :hide: , so I will probaby need it there, buy the glue and gourt.
So spend 6 hours Saturday, another 4 hours on Sunday and about $120 in supplies.
On Sunday , I was short a bit of glue , so the daughter went to buy a quart of glue. Came back and camplaint it was like $10 with tax, said I already went though 5 quarts.
My ass is so sore from seating on the side of the tub!
The wife said would kiss it better but that did not happen :crying2:
So just the gourting and caulking left to do.

It never ends

caddydaddy
02-14-05, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear that! You're such a good Dad!

Elvis
02-14-05, 10:59 AM
The only daddy that'll walk the line... --Waylon Jennings

You're a good man to do that. Your daughter is very lucky to have you!

Been there, done that--1995. I had to rip out an entire shower stall due to one tiny leak. The STUPID MOTHERF who installed the shower put the "waterproof" sheetrock INSIDE the aluminum leak tray, then tiled on top of that. One little leak in the corner was all it took to turn the drywall into mush. Eventually the tiles just flaked off of the wall.

I highly recommend cement board the second time if you're going to use tile. Better still, use some of that man-made marble, or a fiberglass insert.

airbalancer
02-14-05, 12:47 PM
Use cement board on the bottom foot,
Since it is not my place I do not want to put to much money into it.
I have the Marble in our bathroom

Ralph
02-14-05, 03:19 PM
That's not too bad! Try helping a friend put 12 ft. sheets of jiprock (sp?) on the ceiling while up 15 ft. in the air by scaffolding. Not a pretty site, or very fun!

Kev
02-14-05, 03:33 PM
That's not too bad! Try helping a friend put 12 ft. sheets of jiprock (sp?) on the ceiling while up 15 ft. in the air by scaffolding. Not a pretty site, or very fun!
Aw, quit whinin, it's good for you. It'll put hair on your chest!

Kev

davesdeville
02-14-05, 04:56 PM
My dad likes to tackle projects around the house. But man is he BAD at them somehow even though he's kind of a perfectionist. He'll paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, and on and on and then not finish. Or use some puke yellow or something absurd so it looks like crap when he's done. I'm glad he doesn't even know how to turn on the computer to read all this...

Kev
02-14-05, 05:03 PM
:histeric:

Kev

1toycad
02-14-05, 05:24 PM
I have two daughters in college (and one more girl and a boy in line for college...).

I keep my oldest daughter's car running. Fix it, keep it running, keep it in tires, oil, etc.

She is a film student so I am also her PA (Production Assistant). :eek:

Second daughter does not drive. She prefers to ride a horse. :thumbsup:

Third daughter will be getting a used car soon. So, again, I will be her mechanic, detail guy, oil guy, tires guy, etc.

I don't mind doing all of this. They are my kids, so it is fun helping them out.

Besides, we should never forget the fact that our kids get to pick our retirement home.

Kev
02-14-05, 05:29 PM
Besides, we should never forget the fact that our kids get to pick our retirement home.
And that's exactly why I let my oldest daughter drive my beloved Mustang LX! :yup:

Kev

Elvis
02-14-05, 05:53 PM

There's a trick to doing that not many people know.

I'd tell you what it is, but

A) I'd have to kill you, and
B) I don't want to admit that I know anything about hanging drywall.

Sheetrock men are the lowest form of life in the construction business.

Kev
02-14-05, 05:57 PM
There's a trick to doing that not many people know.
Sheetrock men are the lowest form of life in the construction business.
Elvis! Read my avitar!

Kev

Elvis
02-14-05, 06:11 PM
Elvis! Read my avitar!

Kev

Does that mean I just got myself in trouble? :banghead:

:lildevil:

Kev
02-14-05, 06:14 PM
Does that mean I just got myself in trouble? :banghead:

:lildevil:
No baby, it's cool man. Thankya, Thankya very much. :elvis1:

Kev

Scandalous
03-09-05, 03:08 AM
im glad my daughter is only 3, i have a long way to go before she starts with that stuff. she is happy with a set of diamond earrings now.

airbalancer
03-09-05, 06:29 AM
The other daughert move into the her townhouse over the weekend
I am getting to old to move people, have to pick up the son stuff from unversity in a month!
So now I have another house to look after.
The wife saw some bathroom cabinets on sale, which means they both get new sinks.
Will the pain ever stop!!!!!!!!

Kev
03-09-05, 12:53 PM
The other daughert move into the her townhouse over the weekend
I am getting to old to move people, have to pick up the son stuff from unversity in a month!
So now I have another house to look after.
The wife saw some bathroom cabinets on sale, which means they both get new sinks.
Will the pain ever stop!!!!!!!!There comes a point (I hope, cause I have the responsibility of three teenage girls at home) when you have to 'just say no'. "It's time to grow up boys and girls." Teach them how to do it themselves and learn to walk away man! You've got to do it for the rest of us!! We're counting on you, don't let us down!!!! :(

airbalancer
03-09-05, 01:43 PM
There comes a point (I hope, cause I have the responsibility of three teenage girls at home) when you have to 'just say no'. "It's time to grow up boys and girls." Teach them how to do it themselves and learn to walk away man! You've got to do it for the rest of us!! We're counting on you, don't let us down!!!! :(

If I do not do it,they will move home :eek: :bonkers:
I am loss Kozs :banghead:

Kev
03-09-05, 01:51 PM
THERE'S NO HOPE!!! NO HOPE!!!! AHHH!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Elvis
03-09-05, 02:51 PM
That reminds me of an episode of the Cosby Show. He tells his wife that he finally figured it out--they want the house, so just give it to them and move somewhere else.

airbalancer
03-09-05, 05:09 PM
THERE'S NO HOPE!!! NO HOPE!!!! AHHH!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! :crybaby:
this is me now :drinker

1toycad
03-10-05, 12:37 PM
this is me now :drinker

C'mon man, it can't be all that bad.

Doing stuff around the house and doing stuff for the kids is fun.

It will keep 'ya young.

Think about the day when you will have NOTING to do for ANYONE

Pretty sad :(
But just in case, save some of that stuff for me too.:drinker

airbalancer
03-10-05, 04:59 PM
I have to bitch here, because the wife will not let me bitch at home.
All this fixing up is eating into my Z4 fund

Ralph
03-10-05, 05:04 PM
There comes a point (I hope, cause I have the responsibility of three teenage girls at home) when you have to 'just say no'. "It's time to grow up boys and girls." Teach them how to do it themselves and learn to walk away man! You've got to do it for the rest of us!! We're counting on you, don't let us down!!!! :(

Or just sell your pick-up truck! :suspense: ;)

1toycad
03-11-05, 02:51 PM
I have to bitch here, because the wife will not let me bitch at home.
All this fixing up is eating into my Z4 fund

Well, I can relate to that...:drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker

FTSS
03-11-05, 03:06 PM
. . . Try helping a friend put 12 ft. sheets of jiprock (sp?) on the ceiling . . .

It's gyp, but enough about you. Just tell me where you find all those great shots of Natasha? :coolgleam

Ralph
03-11-05, 05:03 PM
It's gyp, but enough about you. Just tell me where you find all those great shots of Natasha? :coolgleam

Secret. :shhh: But if you want to see more keep tuning in. :D

Kev
03-11-05, 05:29 PM
It's gyp, but enough about you. Just tell me where you find all those great shots of Natasha? :coolgleamwww.canuckfloosies.com :lildevil:

Ralph
03-11-05, 06:42 PM
www.canuckfloosies.com :lildevil:

now now, did I insult your future bride?? :tisk: :crying:

airbalancer
03-11-05, 07:52 PM
going over to paint on Saturday, then to the other daughter on Sunday to install a bathroom sink. I am I crazy

FTSS
03-12-05, 06:23 AM
. . . I am I crazy

:bonkers: :hmm: Um, no, just adled. Don't worry, it's common with anyone who's married . . . and doubly so if you have daughters. Join the club! :welcome:

Kev, I already tried, www.stinkingrichsmartandbeautytoo.ca but no luck. :lildevil: