: Some paint job...

evilrussian
02-14-05, 03:40 AM
Why? Oh God, why?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6152&item=4527805698&rd=1

danbuc
02-14-05, 03:59 AM
Damn, I was almost blinded momentarily by the horrible ugliness of the paint, when the page loaded. Luckily for me, I was sitting down. That is the most horrendous thing I've ever seen...EVER! Whoever painted that, needs a swift kick in the ass! :annoyed:

davesdeville
02-14-05, 04:40 AM
"This Cadillac has been Custom Painted by one of the best painters on the east coast!"

Poor east coast. :banghead:

patgizz
02-14-05, 11:24 AM
i want the wheels, the rest of you can put that poor thing out of its misery. the paint work looks good but the design is awful. and its missing peices of trim. probably spent so much on the paint that he couldnt afford to replace them.

Elvis
02-14-05, 12:04 PM
I think the idea behind the paint job is to distract you from all the parts that are missing, and all the little dents it probably has.

NOW, somebody explain to me what that paint job is supposed to resemble:

Wood with nails?

Sheets of steel riveted together?

Cloth with snaps?

I just don't get it.

90Brougham350
02-14-05, 12:54 PM
That poor Caddy.....You'd think people would have some respect for a nice automobile like that, I mean, there's plenty of old Grand Marquises and Crown Vics lying around, go uglify one of them. Just leave the Caddy to someone who knows what a Caddy is supposed to look like. And how about telling us the name of the painter?

Brian

D148L0
02-14-05, 01:08 PM
Good paint work.
Not in a caddy.

ben72227
02-14-05, 06:52 PM
Cadillacs are supposed to look luxurious, not like that:helpless:

Spock
02-15-05, 12:36 AM
Well someone owes me a new keyboard, because I just vomited...

I'm considering replacing the monitor too...it's been "tainted".

ShadowLvr400
02-15-05, 01:47 PM
That is worse than wrong, and worse than bad. There should be a stronger word for what that is... Like wrongbad, or badong. Yes, that is badong.

(5 Stoner points to whoever gets that reference.)

D148L0
02-15-05, 01:56 PM
That is worse than wrong, and worse than bad. There should be a stronger word for what that is... Like wrongbad, or badong. Yes, that is badong.

(5 Stoner points to whoever gets that reference.)
Kung Pow

juiceE
02-15-05, 02:48 PM
Kung Pow
wow, i do not ever run into any body that liked that movie, let alone mention it... i seen it 3x when it 1st came out... i think that guy just had a little too much free time with a little too much spare $$$

I'm considering replacing the monitor too...it's been "tainted".

LOL! its so f|_|cked up, because its so true

Kev
02-15-05, 03:05 PM
There are two sad truths here as I see it,
1. There is definite tallent and artistry in the execution of this piece however, unless I totally misunderstand, the content is rather abstract (I don't get it).
2. To use a Cadillac for such a display?!!! I can envision this on a '63 Falcon but, a Cadillac?!!!! :annoyed:
If the perpetrator's intent was to incite an emotional and regurgitative response, I'd say he was quite successful.

Kev

Ralph
02-15-05, 03:09 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that people forget about the resale value hit they will take when it comes time to sell with mods like that. Some people obvioulsy are under the illusion that they will "have their car forever." Then they are stuck with it.

One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

Kev
02-15-05, 03:14 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that people forget about the resale value hit they will take when it comes time to sell with mods like that. Some people obvioulsy are under the illusion that they will "have their car forever." Then they are stuck with it.

One man's dream is another man's nightmare.
Actually, I think the value of the car is only $1,500, the other $500 is for the "custom paint job"

Kev

D148L0
02-15-05, 03:21 PM
wow, i do not ever run into any body that liked that movie, let alone mention it... i seen it 3x when it 1st came out... i think that guy just had a little too much free time with a little too much spare $$$
Not that I like it or seen it... behold the power of the internetS!!!

Ralph
02-15-05, 03:26 PM
Actually, I think the value of the car is only $1,500, the other $500 is for the "custom paint job"

Kev

They'll never get half of that back! Unless some kid buys it.

90Brougham350
02-15-05, 05:57 PM
Yeah but you know there's some suburban 16 year old white kid who wears his pants around his ass and watches all the rap videos where they're driving FWBs and stuff who would probably love that thing, come on, you know some idiot will buy it and be proud of it (sorry for all the stereotyping but you all know how true it is).

Brian

davesdeville
02-15-05, 10:34 PM
All the rap videos that have Cadillacs in them tend to have them with NICE paintjobs. Like candy paint or chamillion (which is weird, but a lot nicer than this crap), not the sheer hideousness displayed by this poor vehicle.

90Brougham350
02-17-05, 01:45 AM
Someone should email the poor bastard who's selling that thing the link to this thread.....:lildevil:

Brian

Kev
02-17-05, 02:17 AM
Someone should email the poor bastard who's selling that thing the link to this thread.....:lildevil:

Brian
Ooh! Abject cruelty rears it's ugly head! :eyebrow:

juiceE
02-17-05, 12:30 PM
Sent

caddydaddy
02-17-05, 04:26 PM
It makes the car look like a ghetto ride!

Nice artwork, but not on a car! That Cadillac needs a candy color, like red or blue!

Adumb
02-18-05, 09:11 PM
i dont know if anyone else did, but i sent the link to him. i couldnt resist. lol

D148L0
02-18-05, 09:41 PM
What is the point of sending him the link? He didn't ask for our opinion, that I know.

/Pfft.

Adumb
02-19-05, 10:00 AM
the point of sending the link is so he knows that the paint job sucks so much that somewhere, unprovoked it incited soooo much insult. i dont know if thats a good reason or not but its funny.

90Brougham350
02-19-05, 11:46 AM
I didn't actually think somebody would send the link, that's why i simply suggested it with a little humor, instead of doing it myself.

Brian

RealmCenter
02-19-05, 08:45 PM
I don't care for it, however I sure wouldn't appreciate anyone making fun of any of my cars. The only time I can deem that as appropriate is when it's some smart-assed teenager in his Honda with a goofy wing and whatnot whose mouth produces more horsepower than his engine. Like someone else said, I don't recall this guy asking for our opinions.

Adumb
02-19-05, 09:47 PM
i kinda hope he checks this out and has a good sense of humor about it, cuz he should. were not knocking him, just the paint scheme.

Adumb
02-20-05, 10:45 AM
the guy selling the car sent me a reply: "ADAM, THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE, INTERESTING HOW THE PAINT AFFECTS PEOPLE LIKE THAT!! I GUESS IT WORKED, GET PEOPLE TALKING GOOD OR BAD, ALL PRESS IS GOOD PRESS I LOVE IT!!THANKS FOR THE LINK,KEEP EM TALKING.THE FUNNY THING IS WHENEVER I GO SOMEWHERE I'LL HAVE A CROWD AROUND THE CAR BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO WEIRD. LATER G" see... good humor. he got it.