: you might be a ricer if...

Dead Sled
02-05-03, 12:38 AM
http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_might_be_a_ricer_if.html

seduxion
02-05-03, 12:58 AM
Hahaha thanks for the laugh. It was well worth it.

Maybe we need a forum topic for rice bashing.

elwesso
02-05-03, 04:17 PM
or maybe we could dedicate this thread to gettting out all of our ricer related anger.

Dr. Jones
02-05-03, 04:45 PM
i got one to add... You might be a ricer if...

you drive around in a v-tec civic trying to race people who you know will kick your ass and your excuse for having a slow car is that it handles well and you've spent $2000 in enhancing your car's appearence and none making it go faster....

wait... :eek: that's me. :D At least the $2000 i've spent (probably more now) is all detailing stuff... and originally i bought it all for my car, but since then have used it on many, and made most of that back...

Chuck C
02-06-03, 10:40 AM
You put your automatic car in neutral at every stoplight in order to roll it back and try to fool other people into thinking you have a manual transmission

hahaha

seduxion
02-06-03, 05:11 PM
Howabout people who call S P O I L E R S... wings. Wings are for lift spoilers are for down force.

Allante North *
02-06-03, 06:33 PM
Thanks Dead,

You made my day with that link. Let us know if you find any more.

Dead Sled
02-06-03, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by seduxion
Howabout people who call S P O I L E R S... wings. Wings are for lift spoilers are for down force.

lol true Ive never though about that

I need a 3 tier wing on my car yeah, yeah photoshop Here I come :rolleyes:

elwesso
02-08-03, 10:28 AM
wings.... spoilers..... whatever you want to call them, their all pointless. The ricers cant go fast enough to make them work anyway.

Devil_concours
02-08-03, 01:08 PM
there are few civics out there running in low 12sec 1/4mi so watch out or we will end up like the vette guy that started trash talking and lost to a civic. (civic had b16 swap done with turbo).

kcnewell
02-08-03, 01:12 PM
Fast or not! I could still wear two of them as shoes....Except, I don't wear UGLY shoes!

Devil_concours
02-08-03, 01:16 PM
i forgot to add that real enthusiasts don't have 3 tier spoilers, plastic all over the body, excessive light work, and 20" wheels. Instead they make their car look stock as possible and lose much weight as possible.

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 02:25 AM
theres a differance between fast and quick. 71 Hemi 'Cuda is fast , civic is quick, BOSS 429 is fast, supra is quick

kcnewell
02-09-03, 02:33 AM
I had a '71 Hemi cuda.....Very quick too! You ain't catchin that car with rice or Northstar.

Certainly NOT a Civic or a Supra! LOL!

Devil_concours
02-09-03, 02:40 AM
just to let everyone know fastest 4cyl car isn't a civic, celica, corolla, or any other import car. Fastest 4cyl car is the cavalier driven by john lingenfelter. IRC this is the car that john wrecked recently.

You gotta love john and his company. They just ran 1/4mi under 9sec in one of their STREET LEGAL 427 twinturbo vette.

osv_alero
02-09-03, 10:20 AM
The sad part, these guys actually think they're cool!

elwesso
02-09-03, 11:04 AM
OSV, that is true. Actually its not sad, its hilarious.

The thing i dont understand, is they put in DVD equipment, and take out the back seats. I guess its good if you like to watch DVDs in your driveway in lawn chairs. Also, i didnt know that those blue lights you put on the mirrors are illegal. My cousin got a 100 ticket for having them.

Devil_concours
02-09-03, 11:17 AM
here in va nearly every customization is illegal. you can only tint your car up to 30% irc

kcnewell
02-09-03, 12:49 PM
Now if they only had a law against being an idiot! We'd have NO more ricers...

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 05:02 PM
hows this? like the "wing" :D

Katshot
02-09-03, 10:52 PM
I don't know, the Supra Turbo I raced would've SMOKED a Hemi 'Cuda.
Those old cars were nice but they weren't as fast as many people think.

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 02:04 PM
most ricers aren't as fast as they like to think either

DeVillish
02-10-03, 02:37 PM
i always thought it was funny how people compare a 30 year old car to a new car and dont say anything about the tech that helps the new car. I mean that Hemi is running on all motor and doesnt have a computer telling it what to do The supra has turbos, computer controled fuel injection and all that stuff. If Dodge or GM ever really tried to bring back Hemi powered muscle cars and those wild SS cars with big cubs and the tech we have today, people would say supra what?

Devil_concours
02-10-03, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DeVillish
i always thought it was funny how people compare a 30 year old car to a new car and dont say anything about the tech that helps the new car. I mean that Hemi is running on all motor and doesnt have a computer telling it what to do The supra has turbos, computer controled fuel injection and all that stuff. If Dodge or GM ever really tried to bring back Hemi powered muscle cars and those wild SS cars with big cubs and the tech we have today, people would say supra what?

i don't know. Lot of these twin turbo supras are hard to beat.

there is a guy driving around in a lexus sc300 (same powertrain as the supra)w/twin turbo dynoed at 800+hp at the wheel, killing vipers and other supercars on the road.

and then there is the twin turbo supra that kills busas on the road.

if i had a choice between highly tuned supra and lingenfelter tt 427 vette, i will still take the twinturbo 427 vette in a heartbeat.

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 02:48 PM
I totally agree. and I love the styling of the muscle cars

take the FI off the turbo off the computer off and stick a Carb on it then see what it will do

most ricers can't even tell you what a 4 barrel is let alone a six-pac

DeVillish
02-10-03, 02:51 PM
iam in no way saying supras arnt fast, some are just insane, but when the supra hits 30 years old will anyone be restoring them? I'd take a 500hp hemi cuda over an 800hp supra any day. Those old muscle cars are more my style, they didnt need 3 feet wings and body kits that trash the lines of the car.

Devil_concours
02-10-03, 02:53 PM
how many old muscle cars have highend?

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 02:53 PM
how many ricers have low end?

Devil_concours
02-10-03, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
how many ricers have low end?

supra has a good low end power well as the high end.
i6 is good design.

DeVillish
02-10-03, 02:55 PM
why bother reving to 9k when you can hit your peak at 6? Would you rather make 500hp at 6k or 9k?

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
supra has a good low end power well as the high end.
i6 is good design.

good low end or stump pulling power like a 426 hemi? Ill take Torque over HP any day

Devil_concours
02-10-03, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DeVillish
why bother reving to 9k when you can hit your peak at 6? Would you rather make 500hp at 6k or 9k?

who said anything about 500hp?? Why 500hp when you can make over 800hp and 500 at crank?
There are few imports that are very respecful.

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 02:59 PM
these ricers hae the HP but I have torque wrecnhes with more torque rating

DeVillish
02-10-03, 03:00 PM
500 was just a number, ok, 800hp at 6k or 9k?

Devil_concours
02-10-03, 03:04 PM
stock getting 320hp and 310lbft of torque and then that number getting tripled is amazing.
i don't know. I6 is a very good design that provides good horsepower and good amount of torque at the same time.

Katshot
02-10-03, 03:15 PM
Guys, there's no popint to trying to compare the old iron to the new. The only reason I said anything was that KC said that "no Rice" would catch a Hemi 'Cuda. It's obvious that the statement was totally absurd but that was all I was trying to say bu pointing out that there are in fact several brand-new cars that most would call "rice" that would beat a Hemi 'Cuda.
Too many old timers tend to just make blanket statements like that. All it proves is how little the person making the statement really knows about either the old, or new iron.
Yes, newer cars are much more dependent on technology than the older cars were, but that's what makes them so amazing. I mean think of the difference in displacement between these old and new cars. Then think of how much better these new cars at OVERALL driving characteristics (you ever try to STOP that Hemi 'Cuda from 100mph?). When people start making statements like "what if you took away the fuel injection?", they aren't being sensible.
You have to be able to appreciate the old iron for what it was, and the new iron for what it is. Trying to compare the two will never work unless you have an open mind about both.

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 03:28 PM
I agree they are different breeds but ricers suck no matter how much money you stick into them. no matter how much they have going for them I still laugh my ass off when im sitting next to them at the light

Mad'lac
02-10-03, 03:30 PM
Boy would it be fun to see KC and Katshot at a bar :D
PAY_PER_VEIW perhaps? LOL!!!!

Mad'lac
02-10-03, 03:33 PM
Well now.....I classify Rice as the big triple tier wings millions stickers, buzzbomb noise. Supras are nice but the Skylines are better than them. Still it all comes down to what you want to own.

DeVillish
02-10-03, 03:42 PM
Katshot, thats exactly what i was saying. Its like saying the fastest man in the 70s would be beat by the fastest man in 2003, well duh! hes 30 years older then when he was first runnig. I love supra and skylines and cudas, but i HATE the fast and the furious type cars, i mean do you really need a wing on a fwd car? Rice to me is people who think they can beat anyone when in reality a shopping cart pushed down a hill could out run them. Those 800hp supras, not rice, they can back up the talk.

Brett
02-10-03, 03:51 PM
I guess i dont discriminate based on a cars origin, it really comes down to the car...there are some great Japanese Sports cars most of which arent sold here, and then there are some useless wannabe sports cars from japan as well....but the same could be said about some cars from this country as well, and throw europe in their also...that continent is filled with completely useless cars that they dont sell here, have you ever seen the mercedes A-class...that is just wrong...and its a mercedes!!!..some of the other euro crap is just unbelievable....the only question i really have is, how much for the KC/Katshot pay per view?:D

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 03:54 PM
Fast and the Furious made a mockery of car tuning with thier "nawz"

Katshot
02-10-03, 04:07 PM
I guess I'm REALLY at a loss now. You mean that "rice" isn't just a generic term used to discribe Japanese cars?
It's REALLY just used to describe a car that's modded up with a lot of non-performance enhancing equipment?
Now I'm getting confused!

Brett
02-10-03, 04:10 PM
whats really sad is when you see a kid driving a cavalier with all the stickers and fake HID's...you gotta figure that kid is thinking "man one day i can finally get that Accord and then i'm really gonna get alot of stickers"...talk about a time of "lowered expectations"

Dead Sled
02-10-03, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Brett
whats really sad is when you see a kid driving a cavalier with all the stickers and fake HID's...you gotta figure that kid is thinking "man one day i can finally get that Accord and then i'm really gonna get alot of stickers"...talk about a time of "lowered expectations"

bwahahaha, sad but true :D

Devil_concours
02-11-03, 01:13 AM
my definition of ricer is someone who buys a car and puts a lot of cosmetic mods without having any peformance mods to back it up. (all show no go)

osv_alero
02-11-03, 09:02 AM
I still consider a ricer what a ricer has always been. A Honda is a Honda is a Honda.

If it is "Asain" in design and comes from Asia (as the base of the manufacture or engineers) it's a ricer, and that can include and does include vehicles from U.S. based manufactures that focus on Asain designed products (GEO products).

Keep in mind, that doesn't mean a ricer is always a bad vehicle. Just indicates it's place of origin, or it's manufactures base location.

Katshot
02-11-03, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
my definition of ricer is someone who buys a car and puts a lot of cosmetic mods without having any peformance mods to back it up. (all show no go)
So you're saying that 99% of Cadillac owners that have done ANY cosmetic mods are RICERS? Or are you only saying that guys that do a lot of cosmetic mods? Like guys that do fancy wheels, tires, and gold kits?
The reason I say 99% is that from what I see, only about 1% of Cadillac owners have actually done something that increases performance.
Is it me, or is your definition of the word "ricer" a little weird?

osv_alero
02-11-03, 09:33 AM
I agree with you Katshot. Doesn't make sense.

Devil_concours
02-11-03, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
So you're saying that 99% of Cadillac owners that have done ANY cosmetic mods are RICERS? Or are you only saying that guys that do a lot of cosmetic mods? Like guys that do fancy wheels, tires, and gold kits?
The reason I say 99% is that from what I see, only about 1% of Cadillac owners have actually done something that increases performance.
Is it me, or is your definition of the word "ricer" a little weird?

what i'm saying is excessive cosmetic mods with no performance to back it up.
3 tier spoliers, heavy plastic all around, tons of chinese letters and bunch of performance parts manufacturer stickers, and 20" wheels, and don't forget about coffee can mufflers and euro lights.

Katshot
02-11-03, 02:18 PM
I think you and many other Americans are having issues with these small modified cars you all call "ricers" for some personal reasons. None of you can ever REALLY explain WHAT the problem is, they just bug you for some reason. I think Asian imports somehow threaten many Americans. They seem to bring out the red-neck in people. And that's NOT very flattering.
Is it the fact that a small country (actually small group of small countries) has been successfully been beating the US auto makers at thier own game for several years. Asian imports, once totally discounted by most Americans as cheap junk have absolutely proven that they are more than able to compete with anything we build. Lexus alone has done more for the luxury car market in the few years it's been around than any American manufacturer. Face it guys, when Toyota formed Lexus, most American (and European) auto makers just laughed and went about their business with little regard for the upstart company. Now, just a few years later, most (if not all) luxury marques are playing catch-up with Lexus. It was (and is) a cold slap in the face, a wake-up call for all the complacent.
I think that anybody who looks down their nose at these modded-up little hot-rods, calling them "ricers" etc. should think long and hard WHY they do, and what the atittude they are propigating is saying about them and what it's teaching our kids.
It may sound corny but, can't we all just get along?
I mean these car owners are just the same as any other hot-rodder. They spend a lot of money modding their cars. They make them fast. They make them better looking (sometimes). The only difference is that they are at least starting with a high-quality car that also is economical. And for this they get crapped on.

Devil_concours
02-11-03, 08:09 PM
i am an asian and i enjoy driving both import and domestics. I'm just saying if you're going to do all that cosmetic stuff, have some performance to back it up.

Dead Sled
02-11-03, 08:29 PM
I guess I associate Sport Compact with ricers

There are things like the ol Toyota Land Cruiser that I I like
But still I'd rather have an American product

If I had $3000 and there was only 2 cars in the classifieds, toyota and a dodge. Id pick the dodge without blinking or wait untill I find a better American vehicle. So what many toyotas and other "imports" are really made here. they still support the economies of many of the countries that we faught in war.

I just guess Im one of the few people that believe a car isn't just a car, like a plastic fork is a plastic fork

Dead Sled
02-11-03, 10:12 PM
BTW thanks for the 5 star rating

DeVillish
02-12-03, 12:48 AM
when i think about the word ricer, i dont think about a car, i think about a person. You know, you've all met him some time, hes the little punk kid that got his mommy's car and puts wheels exaust intake and an ugly body kit and thinks hes the fastest car on the road. He also tends to drive like an ass cutting people off to get ahead, only to be a car behind you at the red light he raced the old lady in the van to get to. You cant blame a car for what a person does to it, there are some GREAT imports out there that could smoke alot of US cars, but a vast amount are punk kids in mommy's car that dont really know anything about whats fast. To the people with fast cars that dont drive like ass's, i salute you, to the punk kid with the 4 foot wing on a stock civic EX(yes, i've seen it) stop giving imports a bad name.

Devil_concours
02-12-03, 12:55 AM
I agree totally with devillish

Katshot
02-12-03, 08:50 AM
It could be me but, the description you gave of a "ricer" being a kid that got mommy's car and started modding it, then driving like an ass, PERFECTLY describes 90% of the guys I knew growing up in high school. A lot of kids inherit their parents old car, or some other family member's. Then, being immature kids, they irrationally dump money into them and of course drive them irresponsibly. These are "kids" as you pointed out. You were one once, weren't you? I remember back in the day we did some weird stuff to our cars that was probably looked at by adults as stupid but very few of the adults I knew had the contempt for us that many adults show now towards these kids.
Why can't you just give them a break. You were a kid once too.

DeVillish
02-12-03, 10:57 AM
i still am a "kid" iam 18, finishing my last year of high school. Most of my friends arnt getting cars from their parents, and actualy know somthing about cars. The people that know nothing but think they do are the people that arnt fast but think they are, those would be ricers. And reading Stuper street doesnt make you an expert on imports. Look, we can go back and forth on this till we wear the letters off the keys but everyone has a different way of seeing what a ricer is, some say anything japanese is rice, other say ugly civics with 20s and wings bigger than the car is rice. I say, to each his own, just be real about your car and have some dignity.

Note: iam not bashing anyone here, just saying that in general. I love your "FTC" btw, very cool.

Katshot
02-12-03, 11:37 AM
Thanks man.
You're 18 and still come down on "ricers"? Damn, I can't wait to see you when you're 30 ;)
You don't ride a Harley do you?

kcnewell
02-12-03, 11:45 AM
OK Gang, Here's my pennys worth....No matter what! I don't like Imports. Is this due to an underlying racial prejudice? Hardly...I just STRONGLY prefer products made here.....I do not hate Asians, I'm marrying an Asian woman in less than a month! Contrary to modern lore....We generally kind of like the people we marry. Actually the idiots of any race that think real life is like The Fast And Furious with their little spikey dyed hair and their ***gy baggy pants and their sullen little attitudes are the ones that irratate me. One MAJOR reason that I really have no use for Japanese cars is that I have yet to find one that I can get comfortable in! Another possible reason is thats I LOVE the rumble of an AMERICAN V8...My Benz has a V8 with a flowmaster exhaust and it sounds ok but even a stock Northstar with stock mufflers sounds better! Hell my 4.9 sounds better! Also, A large part of it is that I just believe that I'd rather spend my dollar with AMERICAN companies...Should that be percieved as redneck...That's on you! Protectionist, Maybe...a little. So WHAT? Thats how I was raised and that's how I am raising my son....Take care of your own FIRST! To me The Finest Lexus down to the lowest Hyundai or junk Civic....It's ALL rice! So sue me! I'm sure they run great! I simply don't care for them.....Is that closed minded? Probably....But no more so than " There is NO reason to hot rod a harley 'cause it was never intended to go fast" We all have our personal beliefs and predispositions as to what we like and don't like. It's natural for us to be that way. I am a Cadillac/ Harley kind of guy and sometimes ( OK, Maybe a lot! ) I like to race and I rarely get beat! Maybe I'm lucky? If I do get beat The guy that beat me gets to gloat! If I beat him I get to gloat...And I'm good at it! I've had LOTS of practice! NOW....As for a pay per view featuring KATSHOT and MYSELF in a bar? Try Cheers! If I met the guy I would find him as interesting to talk to as anybody I know! I would buy the guy a beer and sit down and talk tech and we would BOTH learn from it! There is NOTHING more boring and less educational than talking to someone that agrees with you all the time! We have differing opinions and experience and could easily teach each other a thing or two. We just have differing opinions about some things. You have all seen me agree with him on more than one occasion. If you ask me I like the guy! I mean REALLY....If we were in a shooting war who would you rather stand with? Me and Katshot? Or some weenie eyed little rice boy snivelin' about his Subwoofers? I'll take the grownups! Thank you!

Katshot
02-12-03, 12:38 PM
Damn KC! your penny goes a LONG way ;)
Although I may disagree with some of your views and DEFINATELY on your choice of bikes, I too, think that we would probably get along great. Even better if I could talk my wife into letting me get a motorcycle again :(
But that said, you're right, I get along BEST with guys that are not just a carbon-copy of me. Lord knows, I love a good debate (the Irish in me) and that's definately how we learn from each other. As for us being in a bar together, as long as they have tequila and a pool table, I think we'd have a BLAST! I'm not going to say that anyone else there would because from what I see here, the two of us can be obnoxious enough when we're sober ;)
Oh, BTW you spelled "just" wrong :D

DeVillish
02-12-03, 04:04 PM
yeah a good debate is always fun, thats the great thing about cadillac owners, most of you guys are older than me and are kinda, at times mature. In other forums i've been a part of(many i wont ever go back to) the word rice starts a riot because the people defending it arnt mature enough to use words more then 4 letters. All in all i like this topic, its 4 pages already and no one is pissed off and lashing out. I finaly found an online home, group hug! Ok we'll just rev on it insted of a hug.

PS iam with KC on the not comfy in imports. I'll take leather and luxury to small and "sporty".

kcnewell
02-12-03, 04:16 PM
I'm Just too big for most of them! Hey KAT! It figures we'd both be a handfull....I'm half Irish/Scottish.....Go figure! I don't know where the size comes from, Maybe a big Swede in the woodpile! LOL! I thought I changed the spelling before anyone caught it....Damn! I gotta type slower! I Bet the last few posts from us suprised more than one person who's been following along throughout the debate!

Katshot
02-12-03, 05:09 PM
You bet. I can't tell you how good it is to be able to debate, argue, etc with somebody and then just clink glasses and say "ok d#@k-head, it's your shot"(pool referance, don't get excited). Life's too short to get all bent about silly stuff like this anyway ;)

Elvis
02-12-03, 05:10 PM
Hell, I drive a honda and I agree with most of what has been posted here!

Preach on!

Katshot
02-12-03, 05:21 PM
Something about Elvis in a Honda that just rubs me the wrong way ;)

Brett
02-12-03, 05:42 PM
kc you spelled "surprise" wrong, but to be honest i'm not "surprised" :D One of the great things about this board is there are a lot of strong minded mature people from very different backgrounds...and most importantly nobody seems to take everything personally....awesome forum

Katshot
02-12-03, 06:35 PM
Damn illiterate, red-neck Harley rider ;)
Actually KC,
I've been meaning to say that although you seem to come off real rough-around-the-edges, your posts hint of a fairly strong education. Matter of fact, you make ME feel illiterate at times. Hell of a paradox you are. Hope I just used the right word (I'm trying to impress you).
So fess-up boy, I get the feeling you're NOT the stereotypical Harley dude.

kcnewell
02-12-03, 07:01 PM
Actully, I have a background in Radio and TV broadcasting and I made money in college doing voice over work in commercials! My mom was an english teacher and beat it into me....Like it or not! I drove a truck to get away from the rat race! I actually got my truck driving start as an offshoot of the entertainment media. So, I kinda got an education by accident! Believe me...I never tried too. I was a wild assed kid! Most of my customers say I sound like a radio commercial when I talk to them. ( I'm blessed with a real radio announcer voice! ) It is kinda funny in contrast to my appearance. I also get a little ribbing from my customers and employees over the excessive use of so called 25 cent words! But I've found that even if you look like a bone crusher It pays to sound semi literate. A little background on the bald guy!

ELVIS! In a HONDA???? Now THAT'S a paradox! ( Your usage was correct ):D

Mad'lac
02-12-03, 07:14 PM
Lol!!!@ Cheers I'm just trying to make a buck dammit!!! J/K
This Us vs. Ricers is really just like the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge.It really don't matter to me what you drive as long as you like it and you try to make an effort in our cause. Like I said once before in the beginning of this Forum......it's all of us hot rodders vs. politicians trying to keep us from doing a damn thing to our cars. Just look at OBD III. KC of all peoples knows this better than most of us. He lives in People's Republic of California. Ain't that right KC they be wanting to tell you what you can and can not do to your cars.

kcnewell
02-12-03, 07:17 PM
Yeah, And I say FU*K'em! All of mine are registered in Neveda! I have a residence there!

SMOG THIS!!!:farting:

Katshot
02-12-03, 07:47 PM
Yea!!!!
I was hoping I wasn't embarrassing myself ;) BTW, ya spelled "actually" wrong, HA! Got ya again! This is getting fun ;)
Mad'lac,
That ricer vs. us is old news now dude. This thread has been taken over by ME & KC (loud EVIL laugh with finger by mouth).
Back to KC,
I know what you mean about the forced education. Unfortunately, it didn't happen to me, but I have friends that have been in the same position, one was one of the biggest sluts in our nieghborhood but since her mom was a teacher, she was actually quite literate. Just what you need, a fancy-talking slut ;)
I wish I had any kind of experience in the broadcasting industry but alas, I do not. Unless you count knowing the chopper pilot for one of the Philadelphia news stations. Probably not, I know :(
But how the hell did you get into the bike business?

Devil_concours
02-12-03, 08:14 PM
lot of modern domestics are made in other countries and imports are made here in us.

I'm one of the younger posters (in early 20s). I have a lot of friends who are REAL import tuners. Even they laugh at all these kids trying to make their car look fast.

Katshot
02-12-03, 08:22 PM
There's ALWAYS going to be posers in any group. In the hot-rod community, that means all show, no go.
Problem is, a lot of these guys are dumping some SERIOUS bread into their cars, and making them scary fast. There's a few guys around here that are running 10's thru 12's with their little imports and like it or not, that's fast enough to earn them some respect from me, grudgingly ;)

kcnewell
02-12-03, 08:49 PM
Well it's like this, I've been riding and working on the things as a hobby since I was old enough to pick up a wrench! I'm way too conservative to last long in the broadcasting industry considering my unique ability to spell out how I really feel about things! ( I know it's hard to believe but there is a slant to the left in the media ) I got to the point where "I'd rather drive a truck!" ( A little Rick Nelson quote there! ) So, I did... I still do commercial voice over work and even do a little acting (Yes you have probably seen me) from time to time.( YES! I always play a bone crusher! ) But my PRIMARY passion has always been MOTORCYCLES! So I opened the shop and started to get a reputation for being able to get the most out of these things.....And the rest (As they say ) Is history!

Mad'lac
02-12-03, 08:59 PM
Posers in old rodders too. I had a friend who had a 79 NOVA with the Big/Little wheels combo. It was a 305 with a one barrel carb. At least I think it was a one barrel, sure wasn't a 4 barrel and had us all laughing so hard when he popped the hood open after claiming it was a Holley 4 barrel DP.

Dead Sled
02-12-03, 09:03 PM
I have the 25 cent vocabulary but only a 10 cent spelling ability :D

media ... left nah :rolleyeas: :D

Dead Sled
02-12-03, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
Posers in old rodders too....yada..yada...one barrel carb. ..., sure wasn't a 4 barrel ...some more...claiming it was a Harley 4 barrel DP.

Holley ? ;)

Mad'lac
02-12-03, 09:07 PM
Damn!!!!

* waves fists in air like raving madman*

Dead Sled
02-12-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
Damn!!!!

* waves fists in air like raving madman*

I get that alot :D

elwesso
02-12-03, 09:45 PM
Dont get me wrong, i am anti-rice. But when they use their money wisely, they can really build some FAST cars. It doesnt take a whole lot of power to make those little tiny cars go fast. Granted it would be less money to hot rod something else, but SOME do have pretty impressive performance.

The real bad ricers is when they just get stickers and dont add anything to make it go as fast as it looks.

As much as it sounds, i am not moving toward the dark side (the rice side) :D

kcnewell
02-12-03, 09:47 PM
You guys KILL ME! I love it! It's like a nation wide spelling bee....where even the teachers are idiots!! LOL!!

Dead Sled
02-12-03, 09:49 PM
full bodied go karts.

they only had enough power to move their wieght, which is like nothing so it dont take much to make nothing go fast

theres not enough vehicle there for me, I like bank vault doors.

elwesso
02-13-03, 11:04 PM
Well, should i go ahead and split this bad boy?

Dead Sled
02-13-03, 11:05 PM
sure give her a shot lets see what ends up where :D