: Fog light question

RicktheRealtor
06-27-13, 11:12 AM
Have been meaning to ask: ever since I picked up my 2008 Lux 3 a few months ago, I noticed that neither fog lamp turns on. The switch (push in) activates the icon on the dash, but no joy with the actual fogs. I can't even tell if there are bulbs behind the bezels, which are not cracked or have any apparent damage. My question is, do I actually HAVE fog lamp bulbs in there? is there a dedicated fuse for them that can be out? (Everything else is working, including the cornering lamps). Perhaps a wiring issue? My previous Deville DTS had fog lights that were straight forward and independent of the headlights. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Leo George Jr
06-27-13, 11:23 AM
Have been meaning to ask: ever since I picked up my 2008 Lux 3 a few months ago, I noticed that neither fog lamp turns on. The switch (push in) activates the icon on the dash, but no joy with the actual fogs. I can't even tell if there are bulbs behind the bezels, which are not cracked or have any apparent damage. My question is, do I actually HAVE fog lamp bulbs in there? is there a dedicated fuse for them that can be out? (Everything else is working, including the cornering lamps). Perhaps a wiring issue? My previous Deville DTS had fog lights that were straight forward and independent of the headlights. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I know they will not come on if the High Beams are on..........

grullon10
06-27-13, 07:20 PM
If the fogs light are not working when you have it at low bean there 2 things that you have to check the fuse at the at the fuses box on the passanger side front the other one is that that same fuses box bolt there 3 of them get loose and it loose the connection of the harness.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-13, 09:04 PM
RicktheRealtor,

I am not sure if there is a difference in configuration between the US model of the 2008 DTS and the Canadian model. There should be a section in your owner's manual entitled "Electrical Systems" that has diagrams for the different fuse blocks on the vehicle. I do see on p. 5-98 and 5-99 in the US manual that there is a designated fuse for the fog lamps.

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

RicktheRealtor
06-28-13, 12:27 AM
RicktheRealtor,

I am not sure if there is a difference in configuration between the US model of the 2008 DTS and the Canadian model. There should be a section in your owner's manual entitled "Electrical Systems" that has diagrams for the different fuse blocks on the vehicle. I do see on p. 5-98 and 5-99 in the US manual that there is a designated fuse for the fog lamps.

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer CareThanks Sarah, I'll check into that.