: certified preowned cts-v sedan...should I get extended warranty?

pohoda
06-27-13, 09:53 AM
New to forums and first time poster. I am looking to pickup a 2010 cts-v sedan with close to 50k miles on it. In reading about the cert. Preowned program it looks like I would get 2 years or 20k miles warranty. Should I consider an extended warranty? If so should I get it from the dealer or 3rd party? Thanks.

PJN

RaVeNous
06-27-13, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't get an aftermarket myself, when a GM direct extended really isn't more expensive. Do a search on the forum, there are many threads about who to buy from.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-01-13, 04:30 PM
New to forums and first time poster. I am looking to pickup a 2010 cts-v sedan with close to 50k miles on it. In reading about the cert. Preowned program it looks like I would get 2 years or 20k miles warranty. Should I consider an extended warranty? If so should I get it from the dealer or 3rd party? Thanks.

PJN

Hello pohoda,

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great advice from other Cadillac members on here. http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/ is a site that explains the GMPP in detail. If you have further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We can be contacted via private message. I hope this helps!

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

USAFRET
07-01-13, 07:19 PM
I hope things have changed because when I bought our 2009 CPO SRX I was told I could not add a GMPP on top of the CPO warranty.

They would only let me add the GMPP just before the factory B2B expired not at the end of the CPO period meaning the CPO was useless.

Good luck.

ATX_BLK_CTS
07-01-13, 10:18 PM
To cover the supercharger alone would justify an extended warranty. $$$$$ to fix or replace. I would go back to your dealer a negotiate on the caddy certified warranty. It is usually around a grand but you may be able to get it down some. That is what I did with my 2011 V coupe. It is transferable so keeps up your value.

pohoda
07-03-13, 12:17 AM
So I pulled the trigger on the 2010 V sedan and was actually surprised that they were able to credit me back on the certification, de-certify the car, and then apply the credit ($1200 in my case) towards the GMPP major guard protection for 5yrs/50K miles. There is a $100 deductible, but that will only apply once the factory warranty has expired. I am very happy with the this option and it suits my needs perfectly.

Trapspeed
07-03-13, 07:39 AM
Outstanding. That worked out awesome. Enjoy it.

DiamondWhtV
07-03-13, 01:44 PM
Excellent...Extended warranty is like insurance....you hope you never have to use it, but if you have to, you will be glad that you have it.

I use to never buy extended warranty on anything, cars, home appliances, computers etc. I always thought it was a waste of money. I have since changed my thoughts on this subject. I have never had to use any extended warranty for anything so far...but you never know what tomorrow brings.