: GM Online Order Guide lists 2014 2nd gen CTS Coupe & Wagon; At odds with forum header

RAB
06-27-13, 09:17 AM
Just sayin'. At some point the 2nd Gen CTS forum header needs to be fixed.
Anyone planning on ordering a 2014 CTS Coupe or Sport Wagon?

somedaycts
06-27-13, 09:47 AM
True story, the Coupe and Wagon live on for another year along side the new 3rd generation sedan. I'm curious if either will see a 3rd generation redesign.

tinman
06-27-13, 10:20 AM
I would love to see a wagon, either a CTS variety or an ATS model. Can you say "V"?

C "T" ess
06-27-13, 11:37 AM
We have seen camo pictures of the coupe with what appeared to be V trim, but no wagon yet. I also saw that an ATS convertible is in the works.

tinman
06-27-13, 11:47 AM
I did see those as well. If Cadillac wants to compete on equal footing with Audi, Mercedes and BMW then they need a full line of models, which include wagons. We all know they don't sell well (CTS Wagons in 2011 = 2.83% of sales). Nonetheless, wagon enthusiasts are hard core. They buy a wagon because they want a wagon, not just because it's better looking that both the sedan and coupe! :D

BreakingThrough
06-27-13, 08:10 PM
I agree that they should totally do a wagon version of the next CTS. Why hand that market exclusively over to the E-class Estate (which I love, by the way)? It seems like the styling of the new CTS could make for a nice, elegant looking wagon as well.

angelbones
06-27-13, 10:54 PM
Since you bring it up, why not have a separate subheading for the coupe and wagon. That way there could be a separate forum for those bringing up coupe and wagon specific issues, while at the same time, there could be a new heading for 2008-2014 CTS coupes and wagons, and one for 2008-2013 sedans. Just a suggestion. Assume for the moment (I'm not convinced yet) that there will be a 2015 CTS coupe, at that time, the Gen III forum could then have a separate subheading for those as well.

noelvm
01-12-14, 09:53 PM
According to my dealer the ATS COUPE popped up on his computer at work the other day. So far it does not list the 3.6 twin turbo as an option but then they have to save something for the Detroit Auto Show. :D

noelvm

tinman
01-13-14, 09:23 AM
Hope for today!

cadillacmike68
01-13-14, 02:47 PM
I did see those as well. If Cadillac wants to compete on equal footing with Audi, Mercedes and BMW then they need a full line of models, which include wagons. We all know they don't sell well (CTS Wagons in 2011 = 2.83% of sales). Nonetheless, wagon enthusiasts are hard core. They buy a wagon because they want a wagon, not just because it's better looking that both the sedan and coupe! :D

Wagons ???

What Cadillac needs in CONVERTIBLES!!!

The CTS wagon looks very much like an SRX, that's why it isn't selling.

The Coupe might get the new body style though.

tinman
01-13-14, 02:55 PM
Yes, a coupe ragtop! (or a coupe with a hardtop droptop).

Yep, a complete line. Wagons sell in Europe. Ragtops sell everywhere, except Alaska.

Also, Cadillacmike68, wagons just don't sell in the USA. The marketing mavens of the big three have brainwashed the moronic mortals, called citizens, into believing it is way cooler to be seen driving a truck, I mean a SUV, that rides like a truck, gets gas mileage of a truck and handles like a truck. I don't understand. Just don't get it. I think I missed the memo.