: Brand New "Old" Chevy's!

ted tcb
06-26-13, 10:57 PM
What a great find, a Chevrolet dealership gives up it's hidden treasures.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3fb_1372252216

vincentm
06-26-13, 11:19 PM
What a great find, a Chevrolet dealership gives up it's hidden treasures.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3fb_1372252216

I feel bad for those cars...

CadillacLuke24
06-27-13, 12:16 AM
Man, I wonder how good of shape that Cameo is in...

Aron9000
06-27-13, 02:06 AM
Man, I wonder how good of shape that Cameo is in...

Has a huge dent in the roof and had junk piled in the bed. Cars were owned by a bunch of hoarders. I saw a video of where they rolled these cars out of storage from where they had sat all these years. What they didn't show in the video was how long it took a crew of men to haul off the junk these cars were buried in.Looked like a typical hoarders nest, junk packed in every single crevice you could find, the cars were buried in it.

That being said, they did have a 63 and 64 Impala 2 door hardtops in that collection that had less than 10 miles each on them. Very cool cars, the 64 was white on red, 63 was red/red, both 327 v8.

Ranger
06-27-13, 11:10 AM
What is truly amazing to me is the toll that time alone (no miles) has taken.

ted tcb
06-27-13, 11:31 AM
Strange, the photos show the cars looking like junk.
Yet, watching the video, I see things differently.

The 58 Chev Cameo truck was immaculate, with only 1 mile.
The 78 Vette had an immaculate interior, and the paint just looks covered in general grime.
The "bones" are all still there, the right collector just needs to bring these virtually new cars back to life.
I think most of the cosmetic issues are easily reversible.

What a shame, though, that no one has enjoyed these cars for the past 50 years.
Simply put away and forgotten about, never cleaned, and likely never mechanically attended to.

Just when you think there are no more barn finds, an entire midwest dealership sees daylight for the first time in years.

Kael
06-27-13, 02:11 PM
Can someone post up the before pics, like the cars buried in junk?
I think the cars are in pretty good shape.
Most of the rubber is going to have to be replaced, as well as seals, probably have to rebuild then engines since rust will creep in as the oil dries out, the oil might be mud in the crank case, the gas is probably goo in the tank and white dust in the fuel systems.

talismandave
06-27-13, 04:34 PM
I found it interesting the vette is on roller dollies in the back. Must not have been able to get it to roll. Indicative of what to expect in all of them. They will go for insanely high prices, and need twice the amount in unforeseen repairs and restoration.

cadillac kevin
06-27-13, 05:45 PM
I found it interesting the vette is on roller dollies in the back. Must not have been able to get it to roll. Indicative of what to expect in all of them. They will go for insanely high prices, and need twice the amount in unforeseen repairs and restoration.

When talking to my mechanic about my possible toronado, he said that from sitting 18 years (which is much less time than any of these cars) that the drum brakes may be seized and as such, it would not roll.

77CDV
06-27-13, 10:34 PM
Looks like a lot of low mileage parts cars now. :nono:

Hoosier Daddy
06-27-13, 10:43 PM
When talking to my mechanic about my possible toronado, he said that from sitting 18 years (which is much less time than any of these cars) that the drum brakes may be seized and as such, it would not roll.
Yeah drum brakes will seize up in less time than that. It's not a big deal though.

What color is the Toronado? They had some very nice colors in '66, including the ONLY light blue metalic paint I ever liked.

cadillac kevin
06-27-13, 11:02 PM
Yeah drum brakes will seize up in less time than that. It's not a big deal though.

What color is the Toronado? They had some very nice colors in '66, including the ONLY light blue metalic paint I ever liked.
I think its supposed to be a metallic navy blue (looks like a nice color for the car from internet shots of one in that color). It looks nice with black steel rims and the small olds centers/ trim rings and the 1.5" white walls (which are flat as can be).

Hoosier Daddy
06-27-13, 11:24 PM
I think its supposed to be a metallic navy blue (looks like a nice color for the car from internet shots of one in that color). It looks nice with black steel rims and the small olds centers/ trim rings and the 1.5" white walls (which are flat as can be).
Like this: :drool:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7449/9154684321_e703c7829c_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31881823@N06/9154684321/)

orconn
06-27-13, 11:36 PM
^^^ Very nice! The house isn't bad either.

The-Dullahan
06-28-13, 12:06 AM
One may feel bad for them yes, but they can be brought back and put on the roads. This is good, as on the road is where a car truly belongs.

I recall in some of my Mother's Father's older photos seeing something peculiar and asking about it. In upstate New York, his uncle purchased a '56 Chevrolet in an ugly (IMHO) Pink and Grey two-tone. He then sealed it in some sort of special carpeted...glass...box...thing and left it that way on his front lawn as a lawn ornament. I would wager anything that whomever in the family owns the property this day still has it there.

cadillac kevin
06-28-13, 09:48 AM
Like this: :drool:

Yup, just with black rims (different trim level?) , flat tires, and an inch of dust on it :)