: Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair"

blunted
02-13-05, 07:04 AM
Hey everyone.. so today while at the auto store I was about to pay and out the corner of my eye see a bottle of this Bar's Leak "Head Gasket Repair" stuff. I'm not having cooling system issues but figured I'd pick it up for the heck of it since I had never seen it before. It claims on the bottle to supposedly "stop block leaks,seal cracked heads, and repair blown head gaskets". I'm personally not one to believe in a miracle in a bottle but since Bar's Leak does make those good cooling system pellets, I'm curious as to what Bbob would say regarding putting this stuff in your system. There's also something they sell called "engine oil stop leak" which is supposed to be good for worn seal and gaskets and I'm wondering if this might help out my leaking/smoking oil issue. I read a thread where Bbob says that it is possible to remove the oil pan bolts which creates a gap, and then to put some silicone/RTV sealer in.... perhaps this would be a better idea. But anyway, I'm not endorsing these products or anything just curious to see if they have worked for anyone, so everyone please feel free to chime in with any past experience with this stuff. Thanks!

Ranger
02-13-05, 06:52 PM
If it sounds too good to be true ........
It may be a band aid at best.

haymaker
02-13-05, 09:41 PM
The question about the Barsí stop leak for blown head gaskets as came up before and I responded to that post and I will repeat my response for you in hopes of saving someone some money and time.
I tried it twice and it failed twice (I just couldnít believe the Barís hadnít worked. the first time so I tried it again). My í97 SLS was suffering from the classic loss of coolant by way of the expansion tank. When I disassembled my N* to install the time-serts and replace the head gaskets the Barís stop leak material was piled up about one inch deep in the bottom of the water-jacket at all four corners (at the bottom toward the outside of cylinders 1, 2, 7 and 8). Both head gaskets were blown on my engine and I used the Barís twice so the way I see it the Barís head gasket stop leak had four chances. Four-time loser in my book and the stuff isnít cheap by a long shot. I wasted a lot of antifreeze, time and money in this little experiment. It all would have been worth it if had only worked but it didnít. Spend your money on the time-sert kit and head gaskets. Do it right the first time and get it over with.

BTW I have used other Barís products with good success for over forty-years so I was very surprised when thid one didnít work.

blunted
02-13-05, 09:46 PM
Has anyone had success with their Oil stop leak additives?

68l89
02-13-05, 11:20 PM
your not going to beleive this but when i was in high school i cracked a head due to overheating...........A hillbilly friend of my grandfathers told me to put a full can of black pepper in the radiator...........I drove the car for two years with no leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dkozloski
02-13-05, 11:58 PM
I fixed a flathead Ford V8 with a crack from an exhaust valve seat down the cylinder wall by staurating steel wool with JB Weld and driving it in the crack with an old screwdriver. At the valve seat I drilled and tapped down into the crack and screwed in a threaded cast iron plug I made, cut it off flush, and reground the seat. I filled the cooling system and added NAPA stopleak made from cellulose and Bentonite drilling mud. As far as I know it ran for years.

habdallah19
12-16-09, 07:35 PM
I am actually about to try the Bars Leaks Head Gasket Repair and I will actually do it the right way, unlike other people, and the only way it piles to an inch is when you dont completly flush the entire system, I will let you know and I have heard about this black peper thing to much, I am starting to believe it LOL.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-16-09, 07:50 PM
doing it is pointless. the reason the heads fail is beauce the bolts pull away!. NOT because something cracks. the bolts will keep pulling out father and farther and none of this CRAP you guys think will fix it.. WILL.
a crack is diffrent or small hole. these bolts PULL AWAY FROM THE BLOCK.
you are just wasting your money and plugging up the cooant system

Submariner409
12-16-09, 07:59 PM
This is certainly a twist on a 4.8 year old thread!

.....and eyekandy is correct: the Northstar problem is not due to a static gasket failure or a crack; it's due to a gradual loosening of one or more head bolts due to block thread failure. You're trying to pour cement into a moving San Andreas fault............it won't work. (Maybe until the next earthquake...........)

ponyboyt
12-16-09, 10:09 PM
i put this stuff in friday before the track and it shaved 1/10th off my 1/4 mile times.

/duck.

buggin123
12-17-09, 12:01 AM
Ponyboyt, have you tried using this stuff in your fuel tank to boost octane?

ponyboyt
12-17-09, 09:59 AM
i use my buddy's pot plants' soil for that after he havests.

Papi_MaC
12-18-09, 10:02 AM
I'm guna flush my coolant with this stuff after I pour greasy balls in my cracked radiator, duct tape my leaking a/c line, liquid gasket my drippy water housing, rubber tape my old radiator hoses, bolt on the electric supercharger and install the vortec cyclone in my air intake along with a high-mpg oxygen sensor to trick my computer into giving me better mileage and horsepower... :rolleyes:

Submariner409
12-18-09, 12:06 PM
.............don't forget the Slick 50 in the oil and the 13/16" holes in the catalytic converter. It also helps to run an aftermarket cotton air filter with plenty of SAE 80/140 gear oil dribbled into it. Change to colder heat range spark plugs so the gas burns slower, and run your tires at 50 psi. Use blue neon lights in the fenderwells and run as many lights, all on at the same time, in the front of the car as possible.

Also, as above ^^^ "If it won't run, chrome it".

jeffrsmith
12-20-09, 06:49 PM
bolt on the electric supercharger and install the vortec cyclone in my air intake .. :rolleyes:

Let us know how you make out with little these gems:bricks:

Papi_MaC
12-21-09, 10:17 AM
Let us know how you make out with little these gems:bricks:

Well the supercharger says I'll gain 25hp and the cyclone insert says 10hp; so I should have the fastest N* Eldorado, EVER!!! :rolleyes:

Ranger
12-21-09, 11:20 AM
A fart cannon muffler should add a few more.

83CADMAN
12-23-09, 05:01 PM
It helps if the street is wet.

dkozloski
12-23-09, 05:45 PM
Don't forget the bananas in the transmission and sawdust in the differential.

ponyboyt
12-24-09, 11:08 AM
:Offtopic:

WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME??!!!??? That 3 block long smoke shows in second gear on damp cold pavement would BREAK A CV SHAFT :thepan::thepan:

Ranger
12-24-09, 02:31 PM
It ain't doing your trans any good either.

Papi_MaC
12-24-09, 07:02 PM
:Offtopic:

WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME??!!!??? That 3 block long smoke shows in second gear on damp cold pavement would BREAK A CV SHAFT :thepan::thepan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvvKvkJRm0A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvvKvkJRm0A

:bonkers:

ponyboyt
12-25-09, 01:58 AM
thats just silly :P Thats trying to kill the car heh, which is umm... what i was on my way to do...

drsyn67
01-14-12, 08:00 PM
~ Question to the poster named "habdallah19" who tried the Bar's product: Its been a few years - did the product work and if so, how long did it last?

vincentm
01-14-12, 08:20 PM
It'll clog up your heater core and possibly the purge line, there's only one way to repair the head gaskets on a northstar engine...that is to replace them..

ThumperPup
01-14-12, 08:30 PM
It'll clog up your heater core and possibly the purge line, there's only one way to repair the head gaskets on a northstar engine...that is to replace them..

:yeah: what he said

i used that bars stop leak only to help with the cracked block and my heater core got so screwed up

dkozloski
01-14-12, 09:58 PM
The heads lift from stripped headbolt threads relieving the clamping forces and letting the head gasket blow. Before you can make a repair of any kind you have to renew the headbolt threads with threaded inserts or replacement studs.

Ranger
01-14-12, 11:09 PM
~ Question to the poster named "habdallah19" who tried the Bar's product: Its been a few years - did the product work and if so, how long did it last?
They rarely ever come back to admit it did not work. habdallah19 hasn't been back since 9/13/10.

markhunter
05-29-13, 04:35 PM
The question about the Barsí stop leak for blown head gaskets as came up before and I responded to that post and I will repeat my response for you in hopes of saving someone some money and time.
I tried it twice and it failed twice (I just couldnít believe the Barís hadnít worked. the first time so I tried it again). My í97 SLS was suffering from the classic loss of coolant by way of the expansion tank. When I disassembled my N* to install the time-serts and replace the head gaskets the Barís stop leak material was piled up about one inch deep in the bottom of the water-jacket at all four corners (at the bottom toward the outside of cylinders 1, 2, 7 and 8). Both head gaskets were blown on my engine and I used the Barís twice so the way I see it the Barís head gasket stop leak had four chances. Four-time loser in my book and the stuff isnít cheap by a long shot. I wasted a lot of antifreeze, time and money in this little experiment. It all would have been worth it if had only worked but it didnít. Spend your money on the time-sert kit and head gaskets. Do it right the first time and get it over with.

BTW I have used other Barís products with good success for over forty-years so I was very surprised when thid one didnít work.

Do not use Barís permanent head gasket product Part # 1111, it wonít work and it will destroy your cooling system, clogged parts to the extreme (water pump, radiator, thermostat and heather core and all the coolant passages in the engine)

This junk, Barís permanent head gasket, has sodium silicate (glass), it is not good for the cooling system and the engine
Barís has metal shavings in it and it contaminates the coolant and knocks out and clogged the water pump as well as all other important cooling parts mentioned above
It caused a pressure increase in the block, overheated the engine and damaged the engine
Now my engine is not possible to be repaired and the cooling system looks like Barís welded all the parts
What kind of junk is this?

maeng9981
06-02-13, 07:14 AM
Sodium Silicate is the same stuff cash for clunkers used to seize an engine quick.

markhunter
08-15-13, 11:00 PM
If it sounds too good to be true ........
It may be a band aid at best.
Thousands of complaints on Bar's head gasket fix. Bar's is not working on aluminum heads. Used to work on very old engines with iron heads and iron blocks
But, Bar's is falling behind on everything and not having the product needed on today hotter engines

----------

Bar's is not working on today's hotter engines, having aluminum heads. Used to work before on very old engines with iron heads
Bar's is not having the technical how how to repair hotter heads

----------

This is certainly a twist on a 4.8 year old thread!

.....and eyekandy is correct: the Northstar problem is not due to a static gasket failure or a crack; it's due to a gradual loosening of one or more head bolts due to block thread failure. You're trying to pour cement into a moving San Andreas fault............it won't work. (Maybe until the next earthquake...........)
Printed on Bar's bottle #1111: Use on hard to stop leaks, even on NORTHSTAR head gasket and other severe leaks like intake gaskets
Bar's wants you to buy the bottle, even when is not working on that problem

----------

Has anyone had success with their Oil stop leak additives?

The application for Bar's Head Gasket Fix # 1111 was rejected and trademark not accepted ON AUGUST 28, 2009. Bar's Patent was not approved.
Barís tried hard to get a patent approval for 3 years, 2007, 2008 and 2009, but was always rejected.
Barís business poor credibility and unproven facts on product reliability was a big factor on patent rejection and not approved.
Barís is not having good credibility and got continuous patent rejections.
ALL THE INFORMATION POSTED HERE IS ON THE INTERNET.

UNITED STATES PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE.

Aug 28, 2009
NOTICE OF ABANDONMENT

HEAD GASKET FIX
Bar's Products, Inc.

THE ABOVE IDENTIFIED TRADEMARK APPLICATION WAS ABANDONED IN FULL ON 07/30/2009 FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:
NO RESPONSE TO THE OFFICE ACTION MAILED ON 01/30/2009 WAS RECEIVED IN THE UNITED STATES PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE (USPTO) WITHIN THE SIX-MONTH RESPONSE PERIOD. (15 U.S.C. 1062(b); TRADEMARK RULE 2.65(a)).
Why Barís Products is located in Michigan?

markhunter
08-16-13, 12:37 AM
Bar’s ruined my car, won’t work on aluminum heads
I'm back here at this forum over again, because Bar's Products/Bar's Head gasket fix # 1111 damaged my whole engine and parts and never paid the $7,000 for damages. It happened 5 months ago and no money received on my claim

I borrowed other people experiences on Bar's head gasket fix, because I feel terrible bad and I'm keep doing some investigation on Bar's Products

www.barsleaks www.barsproducts
Bar’ Head Gasket Fix # 1111 product used and reported by a mechanic
Its kinda a PITA (pain in the ****, a major annoyance) sometimes though when you actually go to do the head gasket later on. The stuff kind of "welds" itself between the gasket and the block and head. One time we had an old FJ (Toyota) that we were trying to do a HG on, and obviously someone used some sealer on it before. We had everything undone, and had a cherry picker hooked to it pulling up. We kept thinking we forgot a bolt or something, and as we were poking around in there the head just totally popped off. Just about hit me in the head haha. Cleaning all the sh** off it was the biggest PITA ever haha. I had to hammer and chisel it off carefully, and even then didn’t get it all. We just ended up taking it to a machine shop and they got the rest off somehow. Just letting you know. Also, it doesn’t always work. We had a lot of cars come in with blown HG's (mostly Subaru’s), and it worked on like 1 out of 6 or 7, and it only lasted a little while. It is definitely not a permanent fix.

Bar’s not going anywhere on aluminum heads
The question about the Bars’ stop leak for blown head gaskets as came up before and I responded to that post and I will repeat my response for you in hopes of saving someone some money and time. I tried it twice and it failed twice (I just couldn’t believe the Bar’s hadn’t worked. the first time so I tried it again). My ’97 SLS was suffering from the classic loss of coolant by way of the expansion tank. When I disassembled my N* to install the time-serts and replace the head gaskets the Bar’s stop leak material was piled up about one inch deep in the bottom of the water-jacket at all four corners (at the bottom toward the outside of cylinders 1, 2, 7 and 8). I used the Bar’s twice so the way I see it the Bar’s head gasket stop leak had four chances. Four-time loser in my book and the stuff isn’t cheap by a long shot. I wasted a lot of antifreeze, time and money in this little experiment. It all would have been worth it if had only worked but it didn’t. Spend your money on the time-sert kit and head gaskets. Do it right the first time and get it over with.
I have used other Bar’s products with good success for over forty-years so I was very surprised when this one didn’t work. As technology change on motors and cars, Bar’s should be put to rest forever. I’m pissed for the bad experience with Bar’s

AJ, AVON, IN
"Used it exactly as instructed on my 98 Subaru Legacy. It did nothing to correct the overheating problem, but it did noticeably clog the heater core. For the money, it seemed like a reasonable thing to try to get a month or two of normal driving before I come up with the money for repair. The first thing I noticed when I got into the car was that heater was blowing cold air. The car overheated some 5 minutes into my trip. As I was pulling over to let it cool, the upper radiator hose blew off. I had some coolant in the car, so I refilled and tightened the radiator hose. Let the car cool for a bit, then turned around to go back, and the upper rad hose blew off again. The radiator cap was new from the dealer, so couldn't have been that. Definitely would NOT recommend this product, as my car was ok to drive short distances before I used it. Now I can't even drive it to the repair

BjK Texas
Bar’s Head Gasket product is definitely the cause, after using the product, the vehicle went from being drivable on runs up to 30 minutes, to overheating after driving just 2 or 3 miles across town... almost instantly .now, regardless of the product, the overheating problem had been getting progressively worse over time. In the winter it was a non-issue, but as the weather warmed up, it became an issue again. The problem was first prevalent in fall of '09, at which time i could drive the vehicle for an hour or more before overheating. This spring, prior to using this product, drive time had diminished to about 30 minutes. Immediately after using this product, drive time plummeted to just a few minutes."

Vic
Greene County Tennessee
Casual driver
"Based on the reviews I gave it a shot. It appeared that it may work. When I put it in the radiator and followed the directions on the bottle, the steam almost stopped coming out of the tailpipe. I let the car sit a full two days before I took it on the road. Within five miles it was blowing water out the tailpipe and the temperature started rapidly going up. Waste of my time and effort. The product does not work as they try to claim. I am now convinced when you have a head gasket problem there is only one real cure, REPLACE THE GASKET and forget the miracle cures."

Bar’s Products owners are corrupted people and swindlers, having thousands of complaints on the product that damaged engines and all cooling parts
Bar's head gasket do not work on aluminum heads. Used to work on very old engines with iron heads and iron blocks
Bar’s never paid a dime on claims. Bar’s keeps begging to people in the internet to buy its products, but this old product should be kicked out from all shelves
Bar’s owners are living in the state of Michigan, where even the rats are getting the heck out
The best Bar’s owners can do, is to go to a retirement home and spend the rest of their lives in there, if they can get away from lawsuits.
Bar’s Products owners, allergically avoid contact with people, thinking that the car repo-man may come to take their cars for no making the car payments

Bar’s president, Robert J Mermuys lives a primitive life no having clean water in his house.
Fenton Water and Power Company do not provide any water to Robert J Mermuys house
Robert J Mermuys house is having a septic tank
(where went all the fakes and bogus millions of bottles sold?

THESE FAKERS NEEDS URGENT A BRAIN SURGERY!.
IT'S VERY HARD TO MAKE A LIVING SELLING A FEW BOTTLES OF WHATEVER ON THE NET
Robert J Mermuys applied for a permit to drill a water well, but it was denied.
Perhaps the Fenton Water and Power Company got the gut feeling that those swindlers will bottle waste water and resell in the market as PERRIER WATER!
ONCE A CROOK, ALWAYS A CROOK!

The issue is not that you can't expect much from a product like Bar's
Bar's Products rips off customers and duped them by thousands and thousands, telling them that Bar's is a permanent fix
We have Consumers Protection Laws and the Government Agency must put a stop on all that
A car is not a toy, products like Bar's do a lot of damages to car engines
Do you think the people have to foot the bill and shut up?

Please help and do no scam me with your scams and nonsense views

1BadCadSTS
08-16-13, 12:55 AM
You used mechanic in a bottle and now are complaining and filing a claim against bars leak because it didn't work...

Guess what YOU DID IT not bars leak.

People like you sicken me. Go sue McDonalds because you spilled coffee on yourself or Nabisco because you got fat on Oreo cookies.

No mechanic in a bottle is going to retorque the head bolts back down or repair the stripped threads. N*s don't blow hgs they pull head bolts.
Seriously own up for your own failures and move on.

MoistCabbage
08-16-13, 01:00 AM
The reason it didn't work has nothing to do with aluminum heads or an aluminum block. It didn't work because the bolt hole threads in the block failed, and the heads are no longer securely attached to the block. The gaps between the head gasket/s and mating surfaces are ever changing and widening.

vincentm
08-16-13, 01:10 AM
You used mechanic in a bottle and now are complaining and filing a claim against bars leak because it didn't work...

People like you sicken me. Go sue McDonalds because you spilled coffee on yourself or Nabisco because you got fat on Oreo cookies.

No mechanic in a bottle is going to retorque the head bolts back down or repair the stripped threads. N*s don't blow hgs they pull head bolts.

This

Aztec ETC ECS
08-16-13, 02:08 AM
$7,000 for damages.
$7000? For what? That was your 2nd mistake.

The stuff kind of "welds" itself between the gasket and the block and head. I had to hammer and chisel it off carefully, and even then didn’t get it all.
Then why didn't it work?

markhunter
08-16-13, 03:04 AM

Do no scam me with your scams and nonsense views
Nobody ask you your opinion. No stripped threads. My car is not a Northstart

----------

$7000? For what? That was your 2nd mistake.

Then why didn't it work?
Stop using your magic ball. $7,000 for engine damaged. Bar's clogged everything beyond repair. No water circulation and passages completed clogged, then follow
engine overheated and engine damaged
It doesn't work on more than 65% of repairs

MoistCabbage
08-16-13, 03:28 AM
What exactly is the point of this thread? Snake oils don't work? You don't say!

Scams and nonsense views? Huh?

I'm assuming you don't have anything post Northstar. If you have something pre Northstar (4.X ?), replacement isn't worth nearly $7K.

70eldo
08-16-13, 05:04 AM
I am amazed it took so many times to learn that that stuff doesn't repair anything. The cooling is a closed cycle, so where else should the excess go then clogging up your system? :hmm:

If you have the skills to do a proper HG job, then why go 'cheap' to end up expensive and pissed off? And why multiple times???
Hard learners are destined to get hit somehow someway sometime....

1BadCadSTS
08-16-13, 07:46 AM
Do no scam me with your scams and nonsense views
Nobody ask you your opinion. No stripped threads. My car is not a Northstart

----------

Stop using your magic ball. $7,000 for engine damaged. Bar's clogged everything beyond repair. No water circulation and passages completed clogged, then follow

----------

It doesn't work on more than 65% of repairs

You wear a tin foil hat don't you?

Aztec ETC ECS
08-16-13, 08:26 AM
I'm sorry, but anyone that expects this stuff to be anything but a temporary repair, if it works at all, is surprised when it does what it did & spends $7000 for a $3000 job is just a Nitwitted Retarde.

----------

My car is not a Northstart
What is/was it?

rodnok01
08-16-13, 08:59 AM
Hey Mark I got some totally amazing guaranteed to improve HP muffler bearing grease for the low low price of $99.99.... How many can I put you down for?

Submariner409
08-16-13, 10:08 AM
Please click on the OP's username, open his profile, and look at his previous 18 posts in CF. He has an axe to grind with Bar's Leaks products and CF appears to be one of his outlets. He does not own a Cadillac, according to his profile.

Closed - thread going into the gutter - rapidly.

EDIT: This closed thread from Seville has been merged with an identical rant by markhunter in Engines, Northstar Performance

Ranger
08-16-13, 10:30 AM
They don't call that snake oil "Miracle In A Bottle" for nothing. If you are gullible enough to believe the marketing hype that any magic potion in a bottle can repair a motor, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Some people just have to learn the hard way. In the school of hard knocks, the test comes before the lesson. You just learned a very expensive lesson. Here's your diploma. :contract:

Submariner409
08-16-13, 11:14 AM
markhunter appears to have an axe to grind concerning Bar's Leaks products. Witness his other rant in Seville - a closed thread.

He dredges this Bar's rant up every few months - must have been a boring evening last night ......... I'll merge his essentially identical thread from Seville with this one. Lots of reading.

Aztec ETC ECS
08-16-13, 01:43 PM
He said he had aluminum heads but not a Northstar. 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 had cast iron heads.
I gotta know. What motor was it?

RippyPartsDept
08-16-13, 02:06 PM
Not a Cadillac... Cadillac owners have more class

MoistCabbage
08-16-13, 02:57 PM
Why does he not classify as a spammer?

Aztec ETC ECS
08-16-13, 03:14 PM
Maybe he works for Blue Devil.

markhunter
08-17-13, 02:29 AM
markhunter appears to have an axe to grind concerning Bar's Leaks products. Witness his other rant in Seville - a closed thread.

He dredges this Bar's rant up every few months - must have been a boring evening last night ......... I'll merge his essentially identical thread from Seville with this one. Lots of reading.
Yahoo!

----------

Maybe he works for Blue Devil.
Maybe you can impersonate Bar's?
But, the problem is, that you need a course in marketing lies
Some others entrepreneurs, like Bar's, claims to have a product for your car and model, made on order
But, are you there to see the product preparation on your order?
I suspect, it contains all the same stuff, but on different bottles, using different labels
That is also the complaints I seen on Bar's products, same product on different bottles and adding a colorant
Bar's owner is from Calgary, Canada and he is an expert in selling stuff like that

----------

Yes, I'm having a boring time looking for jobs for Bar's people. Those old timers at Bar's will need a job, sooner rather than later

----------

Not a Cadillac... Cadillac owners have more class
Many years ago, Cadillac owners use to be middle class people, but later changed and new Cadillac owners, in large cities, were mostly gang members
Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those cars. And if you do, you risked your life

geegeeburr
08-17-13, 02:43 AM
They rarely ever come back to admit it did not work. habdallah19 hasn't been back since 9/13/10.

I'm coming back to admit it doesn't work, for anyone else down the road who has to learn the hard way. :)

The snake oil we tried was K&W Nanotechnology, not Bar's, because I found some reviews that seemed credible that said K&W and Blue Devil worked. (Despite warnings from everyone at this site!) We tried K&W. We knew it was a last shot, and we weren't going to do the HG repair, so it was a nothing-to-lose scenario. We flushed the system about a million times first, because everyone who had success said they flushed their system A LOT. Our snake oil didn't clog the cooling system, but it didn't fix anything, either. We did lose something, though-- a whole lot of time. Everyone on here who says don't try the snake oil-- is RIGHT!

Aztec ETC ECS
08-19-13, 08:00 AM
Some others entrepreneurs, like Bar's, claims to have a product for your car and model, made on order
I suspect, it contains all the same stuff, but on different bottles, using different labels
That is also the complaints I seen on Bar's products, same product on different bottles and adding a colorant
Bar's owner is from Calgary, Canada and he is an expert in selling stuff like that
I don't need the course in marketing lies, YOU DO! You're the one that believed.

Have you stopped taking your medication?
Are you an escapee?
Or just plain stupid?

----------

Many years ago, Cadillac owners use to be middle class people, but later changed and new Cadillac owners, in large cities, were mostly gang members
Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those cars. And if you do, you risked your life
:cookoo: :hmm: :cookoo: :alchi: :cookoo: :helpless: :cookoo: :wtf: :cookoo:

You never did say what car you had.

MoistCabbage
08-19-13, 09:05 AM
Yahoo!

----------

----------

Yes, I'm having a boring time looking for jobs for Bar's people. Those old timers at Bar's will need a job, sooner rather than later

----------

Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those
cars. And if you do, you risked your life:banghead:

This is ridiculous :nono:

Except that last part, that was hilarious.

Submariner409
08-19-13, 09:53 AM
Click on markhunter's username and look at his 13 posts/threads/hijacks: Like a broken record.

For early history, here's the link to his first series of posts on the exact same subject in the Lounge - now closed. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/288432-bars-permanent-head-gasket-fix-ready.html

OneJoeRees
09-04-13, 07:30 AM
I purchased a 99 Eldorado two weeks ago. After the typical symptoms I figured out it had a blown head gasket. I added Bars head gasket fix (product # 1111) a week ago and so far it has stopped all leaking. I will come back to this thread periodically to let everyone know how long the patch holds. Maybe I truly had a blown gasket (not the head threads letting go) so it will continue to work.
I have read a mixed bag of testimonials with some repairs lasting 2 years and counting. That is what I am hoping for.

stoveguyy
09-04-13, 10:06 AM
I hope you paid very little for eldo since it had bad heads. Seller told you?

Ranger
09-04-13, 11:06 AM
Another '99 :nono:

83CADMAN
09-05-13, 01:42 PM
I purchased a 99 Eldorado two weeks ago. After the typical symptoms I figured out it had a blown head gasket. I added Bars head gasket fix (product # 1111) a week ago and so far it has stopped all leaking. I will come back to this thread periodically to let everyone know how long the patch holds. Maybe I truly had a blown gasket (not the head threads letting go) so it will continue to work.
I have read a mixed bag of testimonials with some repairs lasting 2 years and counting. That is what I am hoping for.

I heard that eggwhites mixed in with coolant will fix a cracked block. lol sucker!