: Follow Up to my Unusual Suspension Feel thread

USAFRET
06-26-13, 06:27 PM
I just got my V back from the dealer. Turns out all four wheels were either slightly off spec or greatly off spec on Caster, Camber and Toe. They did a full laser alignment and took it for a ride, car no longer pulled side to side for no reason but they now felt some vibrations so called and I approved having all tires re-balanced.

OTD this set me back $169. I have driven the car over the same roads that caused the car to mis-handle and now it tracked straight and true. It now rolls like a steam roller. The re-balanced tires are as smooth as can be.

I'm a very satisfied V owner. It drives like I expected it to and I have demanding standards.

Gotta go so I can take the V out for a cruise.

Tom

spearfish25
06-26-13, 10:47 PM
Glad you got your V sorted out. I just spent 4 hours at my dealership trying to get rid of an alignment problem and they couldn't get it aligned after 3 tries. The car veers right and needs 2-3 deg of left steering to track straight. Tomorrow I'm off to a race alignment shop who specializes in this stuff. So frustrating but my district GM rep did compensate me for the expense of the 3rd party alignment I'm about to get.

I'm getting the feeling the V is a challenge to align or that a good alignment tech is hard to come by.

Jinx
06-26-13, 10:50 PM
Excellent news.

You should post a link to this thread in the original thread.

USAFRET
06-27-13, 08:54 AM
You should post a link to this thread in the original thread.

Good suggestion - done.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-13, 04:03 PM
USAFRET,

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied and that your V is back on the road!

Evan A. (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care