: Any takers on this beauty?

Aztec ETC ECS
06-26-13, 04:04 PM
What is going on here?

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/3890770456.html

It's a shame this CL post will expire.

lacville78
06-26-13, 04:35 PM
An 86 Brougham painted with Rustoleum paint to look like the General Lee, with open exhaust, no radio, no hubcaps, and vinyl roof ripped off. For only 2k.

Someone is either under the influence of drugs, has mental issues, or a combination of both; that's what's going on there, lol.

vincentm
06-26-13, 04:37 PM
An 86 Brougham painted with Rustoleum paint to look like the General Lee, with open exhaust, no radio, no hubcaps, and vinyl roof ripped off. For only 2k.

Someone is either under the influence of drugs, has mental issues, or a combination of both; that's what's going on there, lol.

Exactly, why it hasn't sold yet is beyond me

Rolex
06-26-13, 04:55 PM
If ever there was a car that deserved to be driven off a washed out bridge while yelling YEEEE HAWWWWWW.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-26-13, 06:02 PM
It's only 40 miles from me. I may have to go, after a few beers, of course, just to see the owner.

The-Dullahan
06-26-13, 06:08 PM
THIS is a proper Ratillac Brougham. Just not with those ugly-ass wheels. Neds some plain, flat black steel rims, like in the bottom photos. I'd drive this thing.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3867820412.html

cadillac kevin
06-26-13, 07:19 PM
Is that a satin black caddy? Barf!
And whats with little jimmy and memaw in the pictures of the car? Can't people take pics of the car they're trying to sell without their family in the picture?

talismandave
06-26-13, 08:48 PM
If ever there was a car that deserved to be driven off a washed out bridge while yelling YEEEE HAWWWWWW.

The owner deserves that. :devil:
The car deserves (deserved) far better treatment.:nono:

THIS is a proper Ratillac Brougham. Just not with those ugly-ass wheels. Neds some plain, flat black steel rims, like in the bottom photos. I'd drive this thing.

I hate to say it, but I agree.:duck: After all my bitchin' about flatting out Cadillacs, I sort of dig that car. I could see the same on a hearse too. Guess I'll have some crow to eat from satin and flat guys!:shhh:

(I blame how great the Roowagon looks for my change of heart. CURSE YOU Roo!):peace:

And whats with little jimmy and memaw in the pictures of the car? Can't people take pics of the car they're trying to sell without their family in the picture?

....hard to keep all twenty kids out of the shot at once.:smilewide:

orconn
06-26-13, 08:58 PM
^^^ Yeah, he would have had all their mothers in the picture but he didn't have a wide angle lens!

Aron9000
06-27-13, 03:02 AM

To be politically correct, I don't feel "Latino" enough to drive that car as it sits. Get a shiny black paint job and some 15" whitewall tires and we'll talk.

Stingroo
06-27-13, 03:26 AM

I love that.

Bag it. Scuff/brush all the chrome trim. Drive it everywhere. Only improvement I'd make is some 17" steel wheels and spider caps (also brushed). Want.

EDIT: for reference, before everyone shits bricks (I know you guys will anyway), this is chrome that has been brushed with literally nothing more than WD40 and a green scotchbrite pad

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/ryderbiker/bike7.jpg

In hindsight... I should have done my rocker chrome like this.

In fact.... I might have to go get some spare Caprice rocker trim now.....

Dave - I saw that. ;)

Aztec ETC ECS
06-27-13, 04:32 PM
I emailed our joker with the Gen Lee Deville:

ME- Hi. Some questions about the car.
1. Trans OK?
2. AC work?
3. Interior decent?
4. Are the doors welded shut?
5. Why not replace the blown fuse?
6. Does it have a Dixie horn?
Thanx.

HIM- interior israt like. no headliner, driver seat is ripped up. the fuse is hard to get at and I usually forget. no Dixie horn. like I said its a close to complete project. the drivers door can only b opened from the inside but both doors work. if you are interested in the car ill take 1700

ME- Do you keep a few hundred pounds of ballast in the trunk for jumps?
What are you under the influence of?
Thanx.

HIM- I don't jump it. I use it as a daily driver that's it.

So he's down to $1700, refused to answer what he's under the influence of, doesn't jump the car and doesn't know when somebody is having fun with him.
I don't know if I'll be able to call him without giggling like a little schoolgirl & I'll only go if there are some decent cars to look at in the area.

The-Dullahan
06-27-13, 05:00 PM
I feel it needs the chrome trim to remain chrome. The flat black is acceptable, but I am not big on those wheels or the tinted windows. That body style (Hell, nearly EVERY Cadillac body style) just looks bad with tints, in my opinion.

talismandave
06-27-13, 05:56 PM
I love the satin chrome look and think it would really rock on a satin black Cadillac. (Or Roomobile!)

Who am I anymore?
I think I need to step away from the forum for a while.
I have agreed with Drew twice in the last week, I am admiring ATS' and CTS', now I am considering a satin black on a Cadillac!
Either I am not well, or I've "drunk the Koolaide"......

Aztec ETC ECS
06-27-13, 06:08 PM
I love the satin chrome look and think it would really rock on a satin black Cadillac. (Or Roomobile!)

Who am I anymore?
I have agreed with Drew twice in the last week, I am admiring ATS' and CTS', now I am considering a satin black on a Cadillac!
Do I see a satin black '74 in the works?

Hoosier Daddy
06-27-13, 06:12 PM
So he's down to $1700, refused to answer what he's under the influence of, doesn't jump the car and doesn't know when somebody is having fun with him.

I don't know if I'll be able to call him without giggling like a little schoolgirl
You sure you want to mess with him? The statute of limitations just ran out on the whole Candy Cane incident and he may be itchin' to spread his wings again.

talismandave
06-27-13, 06:20 PM
Do I see a satin black '74 in the works?

:umno:

Not the Talisman at least...:smilewide:

Stingroo
06-27-13, 09:22 PM

Who am I anymore?

Welcome to the (not so) light side.

77CDV
06-27-13, 11:24 PM
I'm still looking for the beauty! :lol:

The-Dullahan
06-27-13, 11:54 PM
There is a beautiful Miller Meteor on CL in California. 4k I believe. 5k with the expensive stereo.

CadillacLuke24
06-28-13, 02:26 AM
:umno:

Not the Talisman at least...:smilewide:

When he joined he was talismandave. We may just have to change that to Cadillacdave :D

Aztec ETC ECS
06-28-13, 09:40 AM
I'm still looking for the beauty! :lol:
Right here:
http://images.craigslist.org/3J33s93N95Lf5r55sad6o257ca424b4511a0c.jpg

Should only cost about $1200 to ship from NY to CA.

HAZZARDJOHN
06-28-13, 01:12 PM
Is this the General Lee the Warren Brother's built for CMT? that they raced John Schneider with? I am a little embarassed that I remember that.

lacville78
06-28-13, 04:54 PM
Is that an aftermarket grill on there?

Aztec ETC ECS
06-28-13, 05:22 PM
Is that an aftermarket grill on there?
Looks more like After-the-fire.

77CDV
06-28-13, 11:24 PM
Yeah, still looking.... :hide:

Right here:
http://images.craigslist.org/3J33s93N95Lf5r55sad6o257ca424b4511a0c.jpg

Should only cost about $1200 to ship from NY to CA.