: weather stripping on passenger side door

tjbennett
06-26-13, 02:19 PM
The weather stripping on the passenger side door opening (not the door itself), near the top, of my 2012 CTS Coupe is falling out. I can push it back up but it just won't stay and falls back out. It doesn't come all the way out but if you look through the window you can see it, more than you should. Is there something I can do to fix or do I need to take it to the dealership? :ill:

jghiller
06-26-13, 03:28 PM
I have the same problem on my 12 Coupe passenger door rubber molding at top. Dealer quickly readjusted it and inserted it properly but after almost a year, it seems to be starting to pull away again. No issues with window or door closing or leaks but I dont like how it looks. Might have to get it replaced. I will mention to dealer that apparently there are others with same issue for possible followup with GM.

1955CTS4
06-26-13, 05:28 PM
I have the same problem. No water leaks, but I do have some wind noise. It is defiantly different from the drivers side. I haven't had a chance to have the dealer look at it but that will be done on my next service/tire rotation/swap.

OMG
06-26-13, 07:26 PM
As the rubber gets older and dries out it shrinks. You can get a grease that you can apply that will make it expand again and it should adhere better. The dealership should sell this it is also in the manual. The stuff is really messy and is very water resistant so make sure you have towels or rags handy and clean the rubber throughly before applying. Or you can got to an auto shop and get dielectric grease. Also make sure that the painted edge is squeaky clean. Since is has fallen off the the surface has a layer of dust and dirt that will make it hard for the rubber to grab back on. Overall should be a $2 fix and make the rubber look new again.

tjbennett
06-26-13, 09:15 PM
OK, glad others have this problem also. I'm going to the dealership to have them fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-13, 06:05 PM
tjbennett,

It looks like you're taking the CTS in soon to get the weatherstripping addressed. Please keep us updated on how this goes!

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

1955CTS4,

We're sorry that this concern is surfacing on your 2013, but I see you already have a plan of action to get it looked into. We hope the upcoming visit goes well, but don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

99flhr
06-27-13, 06:34 PM
3M weatherstripping adhesive to adhere the rubber to the door frame/body, the factory grease as a release agent for the door
IIRC the product is 3M # 77

Xav8tor
06-28-13, 10:36 AM
Got home from the service department yesterday and noticed the exact same thing on my 2012 coupe, except on the driver's side. Guess that goes on the squawk list for the next service.