: CTS-V and C6 at the Philadelphia auto show...

Vrocks
02-12-05, 08:16 PM
They only had a Stealth Grey CTS-V at the show, but I really want to talk about the C6's shifter.

Does anyone know what was changed in the C6's transmission? The difference in precision between that C6 and V is unbelievable. The shifter in the Sliver C6 vert had a very tight on center feel, the throws were shorther, and less notchy.

That's how the CTS-V's transmission should have felt from day 1.

GNSCOTT
02-12-05, 09:21 PM
Don't know about the shifter, but I am curious if the V was an 05 or 06, or any other info as to the 06's engine.

03Z06Vette
02-12-05, 09:32 PM
They made the C6 shifter a little shorter, tighter and tilted inward toward the driver a little bit. A friend of mine just traded his '02 Silver vert for an '05 Silver vert. I got to drive it right after he got it. The shifter seemed a lot better than the one in my Z06. Can't wait for my '06 Z06. :D

Michael

benjet
02-12-05, 09:35 PM
Don't know about the shifter, but I am curious if the V was an 05 or 06, or any other info as to the 06's engine.

The prodcution year begins April/May for the Sigma models. If there are pre-prod CTS-Vs running around with engine variations, they sure are tight lipped about it (I'm betting against any *major* changes for 06).

Vrocks
02-12-05, 09:49 PM
Can't wait for my '06 Z06. :D Michael

:coolgleam The silver Z06 at the car show looks awesome (I went just to see the Z06).

I think it was just an '05 Stealth Grey V, they were letting people sit in it.

GTS21
02-13-05, 12:46 PM
Also saw the Stealth Grey V at the Philly show, cool color. I think it also had the light grey interior which I hadn't seen before. Agreed as to the Z06, one amazing looking car. A little disappinted at the lack of an STS-V (or Viper coupe or M5 for that matter) though. :rant2: