: After market cross drilled or slotted rotors for '06 CTS V

06VaporTrail
06-26-13, 02:29 PM
Just wanted a few suggestions on cross drilled or slotted brake rotors and after market brake pads for my '06 CTS V. Also where to buy.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Randy

pjm10626
06-26-13, 03:40 PM
I bought drt slotted only rotors. ive read that slotted and drilled dont help but main went with slotted for looks. im sure others will chime in with more opinions.

http://www.drt-sport.com/drt-rotors

I bought stoptech street performance brake pads. they were about the same as stock. I got them from...
import replacement parts . com

I will be getting hawk hp+ next to improve the braking. search around there are many options and threads on pad choices. good luck

RyRidesMotoX
06-26-13, 03:52 PM
I have had pretty decent luck with R1 brake stuff in the past. I plan on getting their slotted rotors for the front and stock replacement rears. Haven't decided on pads yet.

PISNUOFF
06-26-13, 06:59 PM
Plenty of threads discussing this topic.

Basically, if you aren't too rough on your brakes you can go cross drilled up front. I've broken two drilled fronts on the street. I still have not broken cross drilled rears. Hawk HP+ pads are good on the street and bite harder than stock. Hawk HPS's have less dust but bite less than the stock pads.

vcaddy06
06-26-13, 07:29 PM
I purchased the gm performance drilled rotors from luke at Lindsay. Had em on the car now for atleast 2 years and not a single issue. Only driven around town with a few hard stops every now and then.

RyRidesMotoX
06-26-13, 08:20 PM
^^^ you haven't had problems... But Pisnuoff is a whole new level of destructive capabilities. I have always heard of people breaking drilled rotors. All my motorcycles came with them. Never had a problem. I even had drilled rotors on a few cars/trucks, only had a problem with one, not going to name the company but it was covered under warranty. But considering the size and attainable velocity with the V I'm gonna get slotted ones and call it a day.

DMM
06-26-13, 10:53 PM
Mine came with the GM performance front and rear, loved them! I just got the "Brakemotive" package and it cannot be beat. Front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and front/rear pads for the price of front rotors everywhere else.

FuzzyLogic
06-27-13, 12:18 AM
With respect to protecting your wheels from HP+ brake dust (especially if you have a delicate glossy finish, like the one on the Forgestar F14), I highly recommend Blackfire Crystal Seal. In fact, I recommend this over carnuba wax for the entire car, but if you had to put it in one place, the wheels would be it. Makes removal of that caked-on brake dust much, much easier, and prevents scratching.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CQSDN0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

darkman
06-27-13, 08:22 AM
I find drilled rotors "ugly" - they look like the brakes have termite damage.

PISNUOFF
06-27-13, 10:12 AM
^^^ you haven't had problems... But Pisnuoff is a whole new level of destructive capabilities. I have always heard of people breaking drilled rotors. All my motorcycles came with them. Never had a problem. I even had drilled rotors on a few cars/trucks, only had a problem with one, not going to name the company but it was covered under warranty. But considering the size and attainable velocity with the V I'm gonna get slotted ones and call it a day.

I have a set of slotted only fronts that I used on the track and they have 1" cracks in the solid faces. I wouldn't compare that to any amount of street use though.

FuzzyLogic
06-27-13, 12:50 PM
I have a set of slotted only fronts that I used on the track and they have 1" cracks in the solid faces. I wouldn't compare that to any amount of street use though.

Were those GS3000 or GS3500 iron?

RyRidesMotoX
06-27-13, 01:48 PM

Seriously... Wtf? What did you play with as a child? Concrete blocks? How do you break so much stuff??? You cracked slotted rotors? Sheesh... I watch the Le Mans cars run slotted rotors for 24 hours of death racing and they are fine, neck the LMP1 cars run carbon drilled rotors. Did they drop you on Hiroshima or Nagasaki and just blame it on a nuke? lol I love it, someone that breaks more stuff than me. Its a miracle... Or a curse.

PISNUOFF
06-27-13, 02:52 PM
Those were used for many track days with Carbotech carbon/ceramic pads.

And...my parents owned a concrete construction company while I was growing up.

JDB
06-27-13, 04:33 PM
I recently put on front slotted DRT rotors, which are made by Centric... haven't had them on the track yet. Hawk HP+ and Motul RBF600 or ATE Type 200 fluid. Track other pads like PFC01.

I have found great prices on pads at www.importrp.com just call...

RyRidesMotoX
06-27-13, 09:47 PM
Those were used for many track days with Carbotech carbon/ceramic pads.

And...my parents owned a concrete construction company while I was growing up.

LOL damn I CALLED IT! haha. It's good you break all this stuff and I can upgrade all my stuff based on your destructive capabilities.

rand49er
06-28-13, 08:35 AM
... I just got the "Brakemotive" package and it cannot be beat. Front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and front/rear pads for the price of front rotors everywhere else.I did this back in February, too. I don't drive very aggressively, but they work fine.

It's like a little birdie: "cheap" "cheap."

thebigjimsho
06-28-13, 11:31 AM
I find drilled rotors "ugly" - they look like the brakes have termite damage.

haha

kciaccio
06-30-13, 07:22 PM
I did this back in February, too. I don't drive very aggressively, but they work fine.

It's like a little birdie: "cheap" "cheap."

I agree. I have the same set up...much less brake dust on my wheels, big plus.

dangrus
07-18-13, 10:47 PM
I agree. I have the same set up...much less brake dust on my wheels, big plus.
I agree as well. WAY less dust and I can't tell if there is a difference in performance yet.

Jeff James
07-19-13, 12:50 PM
Hey Darkman, Do you drive your car enough?? Maybe they are termites!!

NickL84
08-01-13, 12:13 PM
I have DRT cross drilled/slotted rotors and semi-metallic pads and I love the setup minus the aweful squeal those pads give. The
rotos are beefy, hold up great, and compliment the rest of my car subtlety but nicely.

Looks like I might have to upgrade to HP+ pads then, hopefully that will get rid of the awful noise these pads give off when they warm up.

Jeff James
08-05-13, 02:34 PM
crossdrilledbrakes.com Excellent service, reasonably priced, great quality for a DD. Pads come with new hardware. Probably better choices for a Track car but the combo of drilled/slotted looks great. Eventually ANY drilled rotor will begin to crack between the holes just keep an eye on em!