: Silver v with painted calipers ?

nunii
06-26-13, 12:19 AM
I would like to paint my calipers wondering if anyone has a silver sedan with painted calipers instead of the silver painted ones?

OldRoadDawg
06-26-13, 10:50 AM
I would like to paint my calipers wondering if anyone has a silver sedan with painted calipers instead of the silver painted ones?
I know of one (powder coated, not painted)
Would sort of depend on whether your wheels are polished, silver or black

nunii
06-28-13, 12:29 AM
I know of one (powder coated, not painted)
Would sort of depend on whether your wheels are polished, silver or black

We have the same rims the polished ones ..... I love the color you choose what is it called ? And can I get a pic of the whole car

OldRoadDawg
06-28-13, 10:30 AM
The color is the same as they use on the brake calipers of the Corvette ZR1, so it is just called ZR1 Blue. The powder coater I used was familiar with that specific color. I had him do the V logo in a silver to match the silver of the car.

I'm on my laptop right now and don't have any photos stored. Will post some when I get a chance. I was just looking for a color to make the calipers stand out a little more without getting too radical. The red or yellow didn't work for me. He did a V owners calipers in black with the V logo in all of its colors that I thought was fantastic. He does great work. Mine have been done for a year and look as good as the first day.

Here's the site for the powdercoater: http://www.thepowdercoater.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2

WGT31
06-28-13, 07:03 PM
That's the color I'm looking for to put on my wagon. They look pretty sharp!

thebigjimsho
06-28-13, 08:47 PM
If I kept my V, that blue was in my future...

OldRoadDawg
06-28-13, 09:10 PM
If I kept my V, ...
I'm still trying to get my mind around the fact that your V-less

PNBLWZD
06-28-13, 10:55 PM
How do you re-powdercoat a caliper? Are all the fittings and pistons masked off for the blasting and coating, or do you have to completely disassemble the caliper? That's pretty cool that the shop offers the V decal placement service, I was wondering how to get a V logo back on when doing that.

MikeJCx9
06-28-13, 11:46 PM
That blue is effin siiiiickkkk! :drool:

OldRoadDawg
06-29-13, 02:45 PM
How do you re-powdercoat a caliper? Are all the fittings and pistons masked off for the blasting and coating, or do you have to completely disassemble the caliper? That's pretty cool that the shop offers the V decal placement service, I was wondering how to get a V logo back on when doing that.
The OEM calipers aren't powder coated, just painted. You will discover that pretty fast if spilled brake fluid isn't washed off quickly. The silver paint will bubble and peel. The powdercoater that did mine disassembles them. I don't know what other steps he takes.

Here was another V owners calipers that Mike did that I thought were really cool.

GM-4-LIFE
06-29-13, 02:58 PM
That black caliper with the V logo is just beautiful! That would go perfect on a triple black V!!

ChiSox_V
11-09-13, 11:32 AM
Would love to see a pic of these on the car, the PC was perfect. I was considering going with Red but after seeing these maybe black on my black V.

Moparman4444
11-10-13, 11:24 AM
powder coating looks very nice, however for less than $40 and two hours of your time, you can paint the calipers with G2 paint and get great results. Mine were painted over 6 months ago and still look wet, smooth and shinny when clean. You cant ask for more than that. Besides, you don't have to take the calipers off the car to do a super clean job.

opposite locker
11-11-13, 01:28 AM
Wow, love the blue calipers! Exactly what I'd like to do on my OBM wagon w/satin wheels at some point, except maybe with some Brembo logos or even blank instead of the "v".

Guy.Seminerio
11-11-13, 11:11 AM
I've read that brembo recommends against powder coating because a lot of times "faulty" calipers end up having been powder coated. It gets in between the different parts. That's why when powder coating, you should indeed disassemble the caliper. By the way I've been planning on doing the same thing as you, only I never thought to do the v in silver. I was going to do white. Here is where I first saw it. Towards the bottom of the page.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1602027-yellow-calipers-2.html