: Help with Sale of 1986 Fleetwood

sydney73588
02-12-05, 02:46 PM
I am trying to sell a 1986 Fleetwood that's in good condition in my local area around Boston, Ma

Is there anything I should point out specificlay to get the best price. I don't want to price myself out of a sale, but I also don't want to give it away.

This was my husbands car and was left to me as part of a divorce settlement.

I do have a picture of it here http://www.freewebs.com/sydney_73588/cadillac.htm

Thank you for any advise

Destroyer
02-12-05, 04:11 PM
I am trying to sell a 1986 Fleetwood that's in good condition in my local area around Boston, Ma

Is there anything I should point out specificlay to get the best price. I don't want to price myself out of a sale, but I also don't want to give it away.

This was my husbands car and was left to me as part of a divorce settlement.

I do have a picture of it here http://www.freewebs.com/sydney_73588/cadillac.htm

Thank you for any advise
Well let me see. If the mileage is low and original make sure you point that out. If the body is free from rust and crappy body work...point that out. If the A/C is blowing cold point it out and if the interior is in or almost in new condition, etc.......Also point out any newer parts/work done to the car like tires/brakes/alternator/radiator/etc...........

If you are writing an add you may want to point out that it has the 307 because many people arent sure what year they switched over from the 4.1. Assuming its in great condition and low miles you may swing $3k and subtract from there accordingly. One thing about Cadillacs is they dont hold their value.

Fleetwood Blaq
02-12-05, 05:15 PM
That looks exactly like my 85. Where did you get those cadillac wheels, please I must know:worship:

kmhebert
02-13-05, 02:45 AM
Nice car! I paid $2000 for my 1988 and everyone I know griped that it was too much over the blue book price. If you can get anywhere around that kind of money for it it's a deal. Again, according to the blue book price. I am going to make sure to treat my wife right, I'd drop dead if she ended up with my Cadillac!

sydney73588
02-13-05, 10:50 AM
Thanks you your comments.
He bought the car "as is" about 4 years ago. I was NOT happy about the purchase, but he did tell me that the aluminum engine had been replaced with a "Chevy" or Chystler, I'm not sure. I did drive it last year, but it is entirely too big for me.

To kmherbert: Don't feel too bad. It was a choice between the Mark V shopsmith workbench or this. I wanted the workbench. That I could have sold!!!!!