: New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

Dr. Design
06-25-13, 06:37 PM
http://d3groupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/D3-Motor-Mounts_CTSV.jpg

D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

Adjustable Billet Motor Mount w/Poly Urethane Dampener

In the world of competitive motorsports we have learned that every possible configuration of the vehicle must be addressed to maximize performance.

The D3 Billet Motor Mounts are constructed of T6-6061 Billet Aluminum that can withstand over 1200 HP and 1100 FTLB of Torque. Our unique 2pc design also allow for adjustment of the height from OEM Height, OEM -.25” and OEM -.50”

The inner poly-urethane core of the D3 Billet Motor Mount is shielded from heat by design. Additionally the high durometer poly-urethane core works are a dampener thus alleviating any unnecessary vibrations or false “knock” codes.

T6-6061 Billet Aluminum Housing
High Impact Poly-Urethane Core
Adjustable Height
Tested over 1000 HP and FTLB Torque

$695 | USD

For more information about this product or others, please visit http://d3groupinc.com/racing-motor-mounts/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

HAMSTAR
06-25-13, 08:30 PM
Are these mouts so expensive because they come with a V2?

FuzzyLogic
06-25-13, 10:34 PM
Yet another reason why I ignore all of D3's products. Even if those things were platinum plated and engraved with my name on them, I'd still call them too expensive.

DMM
06-25-13, 11:04 PM
I have so got to get on finishing the brackets to install the V2 mounts in our V1's...I could probably sell them for $1200.

Dr. Design
06-25-13, 11:37 PM
Thank you all for your feedback. We set out to provide a top of the line product without compromise. We designed this product from the ground up relying on our experience and real world results on the track. There are other options on the market that are available to you if this product offering is not suitable for your setup. Our customers grew tired of the other products on the market, studs pulling through, blistering the poly, poor fitment, breaking under heavy load, etc... As inexpensive as some of those options are, if you have to replace it multiple times at a cost, it is simply not worth the money paid. We were very happy with our testing results and our products addressed a need for our customers without the need to constantly replace.

If there are any actual questions regarding the products, we would be more than happy to answer them.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

RyRidesMotoX
06-25-13, 11:58 PM
God, people are ridiculous, they get all happy that revshift offers stuff cheap, then when they get a massive amount of orders and get behind people bitch that they are taking too long. Then they get mad when companies come out for solutions to problems like an 8.8 rear end or a 9.0, saying its too expensive. If you don't like it you can leave it alone. I'm sure there are people who will buy D3's stuff, I won't cuz I'm on a budget too tight for their stuff. But I'm not going to go talk shit about them when they do come up with stuff.

We have a dead platform fellas. This is the second dead modern platform I have owned. And it sucks. When people offer items for it that some have stopped producing don't bitch about the product. That's a sure fire way to make sure our platform dies even faster in the aftermarket.

By the way I'm not directing this at fuzzy or DMM in particular so don't take that the wrong way. It just seems like that is the general consensus when new products come out.

I have seen their work in person at a track and it is top notch. And they run they hell out of their stuff. It may not be cheap but its fast as hell.

HAMSTAR
06-26-13, 12:24 AM
Honestly, that's a picture if a V2.

D3 has a habit of making an initial post that seems promising, only to then clarify that the product isn't even offered for the V1. Hence my snarky comment.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
06-26-13, 02:54 AM
^Yeah, the problem is the majority of these posts are for V2s posted in the V1 forum. The only pics that ever appear are of that one V1 they built which I don't think even has a lot of the parts posted about (wheels, etc).

liqidvenom
06-26-13, 03:11 AM
God, people are ridiculous, they get all happy that revshift offers stuff cheap, then when they get a massive amount of orders and get behind people bitch that they are taking too long. Then they get mad when companies come out for solutions to problems like an 8.8 rear end or a 9.0, saying its too expensive. If you don't like it you can leave it alone. I'm sure there are people who will buy D3's stuff, I won't cuz I'm on a budget too tight for their stuff. But I'm not going to go talk shit about them when they do come up with stuff.

We have a dead platform fellas. This is the second dead modern platform I have owned. And it sucks. When people offer items for it that some have stopped producing don't bitch about the product. That's a sure fire way to make sure our platform dies even faster in the aftermarket.

By the way I'm not directing this at fuzzy or DMM in particular so don't take that the wrong way. It just seems like that is the general consensus when new products come out.

I have seen their work in person at a track and it is top notch. And they run they hell out of their stuff. It may not be cheap but its fast as hell. this man speaks the truth.

thebigjimsho
06-26-13, 01:52 PM
Agreed. Crap on the vendors if their products don't work or they don't deliver as advertised.

But if they're overpriced, so what? Don't buy it...

HAMSTAR
06-26-13, 01:53 PM
Fine, but is this even offered for the V1???

RyRidesMotoX
06-26-13, 03:54 PM
Most of their stuff is compatible with the V1 with a certain amount of customization. That's always seems to be the case though. Granted some of their supercharger kits require the V2.

Dr. Design
06-26-13, 04:28 PM
Hello,

Yes this product is built for the V1 application as well as the V2 application. We were able to engineer various components so that it was interchangeable in addition to help lowering the production cost by splitting it across two platforms.

Unfortunately we couldn't get this news out before the comments started filtering in. We changed one of the processes and have been able to actually drive the CNC costs down significantly compared to all of our pre-production units. We expect the MSRP to drop by at least $100 from the current price, if not more. That news might be welcome to those that are actually interested in the product.

On a side note. We understand you guys are passionate about the V. We share that exact same passion with you, if not even more so. We just happen to be on the manufacturing/building side of it. We took our passion to a level that would help build the market and the community and support it with quality products. There are other makes of vehicles that we could have turned to, but we remain focused on the Cadillac brand of vehicle. WE have been a long time supporter of these boards and have seen a lot of companies come and go. Take it for what its worth, over the last few years we have gauged interest in prototype products only to decide not to move it to production as a direct result of posted responses and how it effected the market place.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

HAMSTAR
06-26-13, 05:32 PM
^ Thank you! We welcome another good product. As more V1 guys go with big HP turbo setups, there will be a need for this kind of mount.

FuzzyLogic
06-26-13, 07:11 PM
^ Thank you! We welcome another good product. As more V1 guys go with big HP turbo setups, there will be a need for this kind of mount.

No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.

HAMSTAR
06-26-13, 07:40 PM
See, you didn't specify how. I'm off to smack my UMI mounts with a sledgehammer. Prepare the wire transfer.

Dr. Design
06-26-13, 07:41 PM
Hello,

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and that is perfectly fine. We are not going to respond to the rest of your post for some pretty obvious reasons.

For those that are interested in the products we offer, please let us know. This will be our last post regarding this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.

RyRidesMotoX
06-26-13, 08:16 PM
D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products.

You don't need to be a dick dude. RND costs a lot, machinery, material, time, and skill. I used to do machine work on cnc machines and I can tell you to do the first widget and get it right costs a lot sometimes. depending on what you ar maachining, there can be several versions revised before you hit the finished product. You already know that I'm sure. The initial cost to produce the first unit probably costs more than 10 of these mounts. The initial machining and rnd can be a bitch. Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.

FuzzyLogic
06-26-13, 09:22 PM
You don't need to be a dick dude. RND costs a lot, machinery, material, time, and skill. I used to do machine work on cnc machines and I can tell you to do the first widget and get it right costs a lot sometimes. depending on what you ar maachining, there can be several versions revised before you hit the finished product. You already know that I'm sure. The initial cost to produce the first unit probably costs more than 10 of these mounts. The initial machining and rnd can be a bitch. Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.

I absolutely understand that. You missed my point; their line of reasoning was not "we need to recoup our costs ASAP"--it was, paraphrasing, "you need to buy our $700 motor mounts to avoid bolts pulling out and other catastrophic motor mount degradation."

----------

See, you didn't specify how. I'm off to smack my UMI mounts with a sledgehammer. Prepare the wire transfer.

Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone else about the loophole in my statement. ;)

DMM
06-26-13, 10:49 PM
Well this went sideways pretty quickly. I'm with HAMSTAR...the V2 mounts are significantly different than the V1 mounts (they're taller and the top stud is angled 60* or so IIRC) and the add initially looked to be more of an afterthought. If you truly took the time to engineer yet another motor mount for our aging platform my hats off to you! I won't be buying them, but that's not for the price...I can't stand the feel of solid or poly mounts.

Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done. A 4L80E install kit would also be an easy money maker...I bolted one up and it's not too far off from fitting. I truly believe the V1 platform is only an auto trans away from sending many V2's away with their tails tucked.

FuzzyLogic
06-26-13, 11:28 PM
Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done. A 4L80E install kit would also be an easy money maker...I bolted one up and it's not too far off from fitting. I truly believe the V1 platform is only an auto trans away from sending many V2's away with their tails tucked.

That's more like it. While I don't like automatic cars, the thought of D3 putting together a functional aerodynamics package to freshen up the nose and side-skirts on this car almost brings a tear to my eye. If they built a bumper that could accept the V2 grilles, I think they'd have a ton of orders.

And we could definitely use a better fueling system. With a nice access door in the back seat so we don't have to fabricate our own or re-seal a metal flap it everytime we want to get in there.

mackey
06-27-13, 12:13 AM
little less copy/paste action goes a long way to showing you're not just spamming.

RyRidesMotoX
07-01-13, 03:16 PM
Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done.

That is a great idea... D3, if you ever want to try it, I'm only an hour away over near Temecula. I'll drop the car off :thumbsup:

philistine
07-01-13, 10:06 PM

Haha yeah it's a dead platform relatively speaking. I'm in and out of other forums and usually a vendor gets flamed AFTER their proven product fails. Although there are no rules, typically you have to purchase the product in order to give destructive feedback. From my experience forum members request a PM for a "special price" and are not permitted to comment on the product price-wise - because it derails it.

It would have been cool to just read about the product and even better if anyone had any feedback with their experience using it.

FuzzyLogic
07-01-13, 10:34 PM
Haha yeah it's a dead platform relatively speaking. I'm in and out of other forums and usually a vendor gets flamed AFTER their proven product fails. Although there are no rules, typically you have to purchase the product in order to give destructive feedback. From my experience forum members request a PM for a "special price" and are not permitted to comment on the product price-wise - because it derails it.

It would have been cool to just read about the product and even better if anyone had any feedback with their experience using it.

Awful lot of traffic on multiple sites for a "dead" platform.

RyRidesMotoX
07-01-13, 11:08 PM
Same thing happened with my Cobalt and I got it in 2010, people already started to not support it when I bought it. We have a limited amount of people marketing stuff towards us. GM doesn't put our motors or transmissions in anything anymore. It more or less is a dead platform. People are going to pick up the new CTS-V and the ATS-V and modify them. There is alot of traffic on the cobalt and sky/solstice also. Hopefully people will continue to support the first Gen but only time will tell. I'm not saying that the stuff isn't too expensive for most people, I'm not saying that it is worth it at all, I'm just saying perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to judge their stuff. I dunno, I'm tired, the baby is jacking up the sleep schedule, and I get home late at night from work everyday... This bs I'm typing is probably not making any sense.

Motown Cad
07-01-13, 11:53 PM

Fuzzy you better hope PISNUOFF doesn't read this or he'll be determined to make you "drop a couple of bucks". He might consider it a challenge.:)

FuzzyLogic
07-02-13, 12:59 AM
Fuzzy you better hope PISNUOFF doesn't read this or he'll be determined to make you "drop a couple of bucks". He might consider it a challenge.:)

Hey, if he can do that, I won't mind because that'll mean he's got a monstrous CTS-V.

MotorMounts
07-02-13, 08:01 PM
Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

This is misleading, we don't charge $2500 for a 8.8 "mounting kit". Our "partial kit" is $2550, and it comes with the 8.8 mounting brackets, A NEW DRIVE LINE AND NEW AXLES.
Thank you, for defending what companies go through in order to bring products for these and other cars to market. There are no "free rides" in any industry, we are all fighting and scratching for every nickle we make.

----------

My advice is try to break a set of Creative Steel mounts in a V1 (V2 coming soon), if you can do it I'll drop new mounts in the mail and a few bucks for your trouble. We've only had a few failures in three years, none from the urethane.

Revshift
07-03-13, 01:20 PM
We've only had a few failures in three years, none from the urethane.

Really? Well then by the looks of this picture, you occasionally sell your motor mounts without the urethane.

And sometimes with partial urethane.

https://www.revshift.com/csfail2.jpg

And sometimes with the custom squish mod.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/tommycompton/4B01222F-85E3-44F0-8D80-C0EEA9584F56-3337-00000419F0D8CB6D.jpg

philistine
07-03-13, 03:29 PM
:pop2:

Dr. Design
07-03-13, 04:16 PM
That looks familiar and just the reason we set out to build what we built.

This is the sledgehammer we use:
http://cadillacrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-Cadillac-Challenge-prsntd-by-Toyo-Tires-RD2-Chuckwalla-10.jpg

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Really? Well then by the looks of this picture, you occasionally sell your motor mounts without the urethane.

And sometimes with partial urethane.

https://www.revshift.com/csfail2.jpg

And sometimes with the custom squish mod.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/tommycompton/4B01222F-85E3-44F0-8D80-C0EEA9584F56-3337-00000419F0D8CB6D.jpg

MotorMounts
07-03-13, 05:39 PM
This is the first time I have seen a photo of one of our mounts looking like that, for real. I would like to know if there is anyone else that has had this happen. I am CERTAIN that this is a very isolated event, if it wasn't, more of these pictures would be here on the forum. The mount with the sticker is at least a four years old mount and is from the days when we were mislead by the urethane company that we stopped using three years ago. After we switched vendors we warrantied all mounts made with the previous vendors material, what else can ya do.
Without an analysis, it's impossible to say what when wrong with that urethane. I hope you get as much mileage as you can advertising that one set of bad mounts, one is about all you're going to get. Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon of making our mounts super hard like you and the other guys, it's difficult for a mount to fail when it's too stiff to flex. Taking our low failure rate in to account, I think I would rather make a mount that the average joe can still enjoy driving his car without rattling it apart.
Enjoy those mounts. Hey, try switching up the back ground in your next photo shoot, it will make this mole hill of a story look more like the mountain that you want people to think it is.

Have a cool day Y'all

Revshift
07-03-13, 06:49 PM
I am CERTAIN that this is a very isolated event, if it wasn't, more of these pictures would be here on the forum.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-e-ODwenWp2I/T67o5V3Eu2I/AAAAAAAAAFU/Uc9Ze6J74sM/s800/2012-05-12%252013.45.58.jpg
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/259531-revshift-motor-mounts-installed.html

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z130/Slithering_Joe/Misc/MAXBrokenMotorMount.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzGUXZT0MZbCVT495L8Mcfud3kP76F1 uC706u5BJ_0D5HNYdPf
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/213412-thinking-about-creative-steel-motor-mounts.html

Here is your diff bushing while we are at it
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/pimpin_one_/Badillac/CIMG0370.jpg
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/272294-cs-diff-bushing-install-sleeve-slid.html

Would you like to see the only broken set of Revshift mounts? They are an old design for a BMW. What happened was the steel that we used for the internal assembly became tempered from the welding and ended up cracking next to the welds. That one failure caused us to redesign the internal assembly so that the welding does not effect the structural integrity of the metal. We now use a totally different internal design which has proven to be very strong and reliable. Notice that the polyurethane did not fail at all, only the the welded steel.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/the_volfinator/BMW%20stuff/Build%20Thread/IMG_2079.jpg

V for victory
07-03-13, 07:51 PM
Wow, this thread has gotten really interesting!!!!
I am not buying the D3 mounts because I have some nice blue RS mounts in the garage waiting for my OEM's to go bad which we all know will....HA and they are a perfect match to my trailing arm and Diff bushings that are already blue.

JFensty
07-03-13, 08:05 PM
I find it odd that the two manufacturers that are in the "debate", are in a thread originally designed to advertise a third company that is no longer being mentioned????

MotorMounts
07-03-13, 09:14 PM
I find it odd that the two manufacturers that are in the "debate", are in a thread originally designed to advertise a third company that is no longer being mentioned????

You are 100% correct sir, didn't intend to support the highjacking of this thread. This "debate" is more than odd, it is sad.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-e-ODwenWp2I/T67o5V3Eu2I/AAAAAAAAAFU/Uc9Ze6J74sM/s800/2012-05-12%252013.45.58.jpg
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/259531-revshift-motor-mounts-installed.html

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z130/Slithering_Joe/Misc/MAXBrokenMotorMount.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzGUXZT0MZbCVT495L8Mcfud3kP76F1 uC706u5BJ_0D5HNYdPf
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/213412-thinking-about-creative-steel-motor-mounts.html

Here is your diff bushing while we are at it
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/pimpin_one_/Badillac/CIMG0370.jpg
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/272294-cs-diff-bushing-install-sleeve-slid.html

Would you like to see the only broken set of Revshift mounts? They are an old design for a BMW. What happened was the steel that we used for the internal assembly became tempered from the welding and ended up cracking next to the welds. That one failure caused us to redesign the internal assembly so that the welding does not effect the structural integrity of the metal. We now use a totally different internal design which has proven to be very strong and reliable. Notice that the polyurethane did not fail at all, only the the welded steel.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/the_volfinator/BMW%20stuff/Build%20Thread/IMG_2079.jpg

Just like I have always said, if you want to dis our products you're going to have to go back to the archives for pictures, or keep some 3+ year old mounts around for a new photo shoot. That bushing is a first Gen bushing and that motor mount is at least three years old. Both were of the previous urethane manufacturers material and both have been updated since then. Get with the times, comparing the mounts that you make today to the mounts we made three years ago is a bit skewed. Oh, and a TON of those mounts and bushings are still out there working just fine.

I will try not to contribute to the highjacking of this thread, (disclaimer) unless the poop gets too deep again.

Revshift
07-03-13, 10:50 PM
You are 100% correct sir, didn't intend to support the highjacking of this thread. This "debate" is more than odd, it is sad.

This isn't a debate. We are tired of seeing lies and false claims being thrown around by other polyurethane "manufacturers". From day one, we set out to inform people about genuine, quality polyurethane. We only want people to know the truth.

We are done here.

jmargo
07-05-13, 02:32 PM
This isn't a debate. We are tired of seeing lies and false claims being thrown around by other polyurethane "manufacturers". From day one, we set out to inform people about genuine, quality polyurethane. We only want people to know the truth.

We are done here.

You should spend more time actually getting product out the door then smearing other companies. Fix your own house first !

VscharesV
07-05-13, 02:45 PM
Yeah no kidding. You make a good product but take forever to get orders out. Stop slamming other company's and make some bushings. CS's customer service has been nothing but A+ when I have dealt with them. Revshift on the other hand, States on their fb page that rear cradle bushings are ready to ship next day. Yet it took 3 weeks to get them...

liqidvenom
07-05-13, 02:58 PM
Awful lot of traffic on multiple sites for a "dead" platform.
Traffic means nothing when parts arent being made nor people buying things. When I got my v the few people making parts for this car was sad. Common GM parts sure, but things just for the V were always one off custom jobs. Which is fine for those who can afford it. This is also my 2nd platform that had people push hard for many small companies to make one off things for us.

Hey, if he can do that, I won't mind because that'll mean he's got a monstrous CTS-V.
I think Brian has broken every type of motor mount he has had.

We are done here.
I think Brian has broken a set of MM/Stock/revshift and maybe UMI motor mounts. he honestly is the greatest asset to the V community when it comes to see what new parts last in a vehicle that actually gets driven like a sports sedan should. Many owners buy parts and their cars spend more time sitting than being driven. This nut job lives in Ohio, snaps axles in Michigan and Connecticut and if i recall breaks other stuff down in florida. I think he has broken an axle from every major player to our vehicle.

If anyone wants to make a product worth its salt and he hasnt installed it, your word honestly means nothing when it comes to reliability. I know 3 v owner who have a similar background like myself ( Brain V1/ another forum member with a red V1 who does suspension work in michigan with a V1 and Brad V2). Those should be who speaks on what company makes reliable parts, not other companies or people who have garage queens.

I also agree, people whop haven't bought a part should stop being negative towards a vendor. Thats how we wind up losing them and that hurts all of us in the long run. parts made in small numbers will fail, its our job to point that out and provide positive criticism to help make the next version better.

runsfromdacops
07-05-13, 03:18 PM
I just looked at this thread and all I can say is wow.

I know I will not be supporting a company that spends valuable energy smearing other companies designs to sell more product of their own.

Meanwhile ignoring customers and not shipping orders for months on end...

I think u need to get a handle on your business model before you start shit talkin the guy that has been around tge longest helping the v1 guys the most with aftermarket support

FuzzyLogic
07-05-13, 03:58 PM
I think u need to get a handle on your business model before you start shit talkin the guy that has been around tge longest helping the v1 guys the most with aftermarket support

I think you need to be careful what you say, because there's a lot of history that you're unaware of.

liqidvenom
07-05-13, 05:41 PM
history or not, you let people make their decisions made by their wallets. mentioning or bad mouth by one company to another does nothing but make both companies looks childish. And why would i want to have childish people build some thing for my vehicle?

it is fully understood that companies are made up of people, but the company should not have a temper to lose in the first place.

jmargo
07-05-13, 06:03 PM
I think you need to be careful what you say, because there's a lot of history that you're unaware of.
History or not, don't come and rattle the cage and say how you are here to rid the world of inferior poly but can't fill orders that had money collected for it. Revshift is no model vendor.

Revshift
07-05-13, 10:04 PM
Revshift did not bad mouth or smear anyone in this thread. We merely posted the results that we found from a quick google images search in response to Max's claim/lie about his urethane never failing.

Revshift does not bash it's competition. Revshift competes with its competition and calls them out on their BS if it is effecting Revshift.

We do have quite a bit of history with Max that goes back to before either of our companies were even making Cadillac parts. We will not post all that drama, though.

philistine
07-05-13, 10:08 PM
What I got out of this thread:

1. D3 - balls to the wall motor mount, no customer feedback, extremely expensive
2. CS - early pioneer, early failures, product improvement, stable product, better than OEM
3. Revshift - extremely reliable, affordable, robust, supply cannot keep up with demand

:horse:

PISNUOFF
07-06-13, 10:32 AM

I broke Revshift mounts in 30 days. I'll send them to you for a set of these. Can you please have to me by the end of next week when I plan on installing the new motor. Thanks.

----------

Haha. Too late. I already broke two of the 'blue' Revshift mounts. I have video of how they are broken, email me if you want to see them.

FuzzyLogic
07-06-13, 11:08 AM
You claimed that they were rotating, which they're allowed to do. That's not broken.

PISNUOFF
07-06-13, 11:55 AM
Rotating is absolutely a failure. It's the first step in them completely coming apart. I bet if I left them in for another 30 days they'd be torn into pieces.

FuzzyLogic
07-06-13, 12:37 PM
Rotating is absolutely a failure. It's the first step in them completely coming apart. I bet if I left them in for another 30 days they'd be torn into pieces.

You could rotate each motor mount independently from the cast interfacing blocks with the motor mount bolts tightened down and engine weight lifted?

Revshift
07-06-13, 01:14 PM

False. The bolt rotating does not mean the mount will come apart. The internal flanges prevent the bolt from pulling out the of urethane. Motor mounts do not rotate when installed. Despite that fact, we still sent you new mounts with a new addition to the internal flanges (now on all of our mounts) to prevent the bolt from rotating in the case that you bolt the mount to the brackets off the car and start twisting the brackets like a madman.

PISNUOFF
07-06-13, 07:54 PM
Fu$& you and your claim that I twisted them like a madman after they were out of the car. Your mounts twisted because the design sucked, plain and simple. I'm glad I didn't want my car back on the road any time soon after your mounts FAILED. It took you well over 8 weeks to replace them.

Awesome customer service!

FuzzyLogic
07-06-13, 08:23 PM
Fu$& you and your claim that I twisted them like a madman after they were out of the car. Your mounts twisted because the design sucked, plain and simple. I'm glad I didn't want my car back on the road any time soon after your mounts FAILED. It took you well over 8 weeks to replace them.

Awesome customer service!

So, that sounds like a little infant. They gave you special treatment and you just crapped all over them. Good job.

PISNUOFF
07-06-13, 09:04 PM
So, that sounds like a little infant. They gave you special treatment and you just crapped all over them. Good job.

Guuuullllp.

liqidvenom
07-06-13, 10:40 PM
Who acted like an infant? Replacing a broken part is not special treatment. that is doing right by your customer. it is also telling that the failure he had was fixed in newer mounts with a better design.

im most circles if someones work lead you to design a better product, you either pay them for their durability time or you reward them with the upgraded part. This supplier just comes out and claims his customer is trying to damage the part intentionally.

I dont know what makes people think this suppliers mounts are incapable of failure?

FuzzyLogic
07-06-13, 11:10 PM
im most circles if someones work lead you to design a better product, you either pay them for their durability time or you reward them with the upgraded part.

On what planet?

This supplier just comes out and claims his customer is trying to damage the part intentionally.

Revshift's "madman" statement was obviously a joke. The choice of words ("start twisting the brackets like a madman") was a dead giveaway.

liqidvenom
07-06-13, 11:26 PM
On every planet where a supplier values his client and the part has not bee proven. Either they offer a large discount for early adopters, ask to use your vehicle and provide the finalized parts for free to the vehicle owner or they just straight up ask people to beta test something. This extends to various forms of supplier-client relationships. if you are not aware about it then i dont know what to tell you.

claiming that someone tries to use your part outside of its intended use to cause purposeful damage is a joke to no one. if that companies strong suit is making mounts and bushings they should strive to make the best that they can and leave the comments towards their customer to people with time on their hands. this might help to shorten their lead time on parts.

heavymetals
07-06-13, 11:35 PM
On every planet where a supplier values his client and the part has not bee proven. Either they offer a large discount for early adopters, ask to use your vehicle and provide the finalized parts for free to the vehicle owner or they just straight up ask people to beta test something. This extends to various forms of supplier-client relationships. if you are not aware about it then i dont know what to tell you.

You should try this on UUC.

They could care less and it showed.

liqidvenom
07-06-13, 11:51 PM
And thats why when i got my V they were on their way out of the v aftermarket. They didnt do much to care about their customers. The customers stopped caring about them.

Revshift
07-07-13, 12:37 AM
I would like anyone who has had a problem with Revshift and DID NOT receive good customer service or replacement parts to chime in now.

We care about every single one of our customers. That is why it pains us when we go above and beyond for someone who doesn't appreciate it and craps all over us afterward. Pissnuoff's "failure" was not a failure because had he not removed the mounts from the car there would have been no problem. The mount is not intended to be twisted. If we were to take any motor mount, clamp it in a vise, and start cranking on it, something would give. We aren't blaming him, we are just saying that when properly installed there is nothing that would make the mount twist, therefor there would be no failure.

We offered to personally deliver the replacement motor mount to pissnuoff's house. We were traveling through his state on our way to a meeting during the time and we were willing to make a stop to give him the mounts and check out his car. He declined the offer. If that is not good customer service then I don't know what is.

Also, all this crap about lead times. We hired two more guys last month and our lead times are now less than a week. We did get one month behind earlier in the year. This is in the past, let it go. We pay to be on this forum and we will use our precious time in the way we choose. This is not a personality contest, this isn't good vs evil. We are here to tell everyone about our high quality, affordable parts. If you think we are the bad guy then give us a call and find out for yourself.

HAMSTAR
07-07-13, 12:52 AM
Revshift, honestly, take a step back. All the appreciation you need is in the form of all the orders you are getting from us.

You don't need to go after Max so aggressively, nor indeed Brian (who is a long-time, respected and helpful member here). It just doesn't fit the part you want to play. Sometimes, less is more. Let your products speak for themselves.

PISNUOFF
07-07-13, 11:47 AM
Still claiming I clamped them both in a vice? They were removed still attached to both mounts and the block, they spun with my pinky finger. They were installed properly and the studs slid perfectly into the front subframe on both sides. I must have clamped them in a vice or installed them wrong for them to twist.....ridiculous.

If I never removed them from the car there never would have been a defect because no one would ever know about it. With that logic, if they never found the three girls locked in that house in Cleveland there never would have been a crime committed. I guess you just change your design for the hell of it because it was perfect to begin with....ridiculous.

You offered to personally deliver them? how come it took another 5 weeks to ship them. I was out of town the weekend and work a day job 80 miles away during the weekend that you offered to stop by and see my shop. You wanted to stop by and try to make peace with me after all this started coming out on the forum because you didn't want anyone else to hear about it. I let it go on the forums and stopped posting about how much you twist the truth and straight up lie, but here you are doing it again....ridiculous.

I am done with you and this whole subject, it just ends up making us both look like douches, you can do that well enough on your own. You guys aren't the only ones who can calculate shrinkage, make a mold and pour polyurethane.

RyRidesMotoX
07-07-13, 01:18 PM
Can't we all just get along??? Sheesh... I'm all for verbal combat to the death and war to end all wars, even looking forward to the zombie apocalypse but this is getting a bit out of hand here.

Revshift
07-07-13, 01:25 PM
Seriously? We arent blaming you! We didnt say you clamped the mounts in a vice. We were trying to convey the idea of the bolt only spinning under circumstances that arent intended for the mount to go through. When installed, nothing makes the mount twist.

Lets just let it go. I'm sure our sales have been hurt enough by this thread. That should make some people happy. We are going to continue to make the best polyurethane parts available for your cars no matter how hard some people try to stop us.

FuzzyLogic
07-07-13, 02:02 PM
I'm sure our sales have been hurt enough by this thread. That should make some people happy. We are going to continue to make the best polyurethane parts available for your cars no matter how hard some people try to stop us.

First in line for your 95A front control arm bushings, when they're available.

liqidvenom
07-07-13, 06:55 PM
If a company makes a good product, and is willing to learn from their buyers feedback nothing is gained from that companies sales being hurt in any degree. And that is really all someone expects from a someone they give their hard earned money to.

trukk
07-09-13, 10:18 AM
Wow, been away from the forum for a while.

This thread is full of win. The only thing it is missing:

- A M3 Fan Boi
- a bigjim "Whut" post
- Naf telling us about some metalic hydrogen base MM's he had custom made for $14k (with welds ground down).

Chris

Dr. Design
07-10-13, 06:21 PM
Just as a quick update. We have our final pricing now set at $419.75 for the set of billet motor mounts. Please let us know if there are any questions.

For additional information please visit our website -
http://d3groupinc.com/racing-motor-mounts/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

DougNuts
07-11-13, 05:18 PM
Question - are you sure that these will fit a Gen 1?

Thanks!

Dr. Design
07-11-13, 05:23 PM
Absolutely! $ back guarantee.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Question - are you sure that these will fit a Gen 1?

Thanks!

PISNUOFF
07-11-13, 08:30 PM
Absolutely! $ back guarantee.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I think I really want a set of these.

xbladr
07-11-13, 11:42 PM
Money Back guarantee!!! Do it Brian. We need to see these things on a V1 and hear a review.

RyRidesMotoX
07-12-13, 12:08 AM
Guaranteed he still breaks them... Unless they are made of ademantium the poor things are screwed.

PISNUOFF
07-12-13, 12:42 PM
How bad can I be on motor mounts? I will need something that is strong like these.

FoD
07-12-13, 01:22 PM
You broke Revshift's...which I've heard are indestructible without a vise.

RyRidesMotoX
07-12-13, 08:09 PM
You broke Revshift's...which I've heard are indestructible without a vise.

Lololol this guy. Haha.