: Anyone figure out how to play Bluetooth Audio A2Dp?

KBoxer
06-25-13, 04:48 PM
Have a 09 ESV which includes Bluetooth phone direct from GM. I'd like to be able to stream Bluetooth Audio and don't want to disable the stock Bluetooth phone. Anyone figure out how to stream Bluetooth Audio/A2DP with aftermarket devices? Any help or advice is appreciated!

toygar
06-25-13, 04:54 PM
i bought aux in from isimple.
then a bluetooth streaming device to plug in to the aux input . voila !

AZKlaus
06-25-13, 05:50 PM
Using the Scosche unit, so far though the call quality is garbage BUT the A2DP audio quality is excellent. So possibly just use it for a clean bluetooth audio integration and disable it as a phone device (audio only)

KBoxer
06-26-13, 03:35 PM
Using the Scosche unit, so far though the call quality is garbage BUT the A2DP audio quality is excellent. So possibly just use it for a clean bluetooth audio integration and disable it as a phone device (audio only)

This sounds like a good idea. Can you disable the phone feature on the Scosche? I looked online and don't see how that is possible, iIs there a switch or setting not mentioned? Does your phones bluetooth section show two Scosche bluetooth devices or just one? If there is just one, I don't know how it can be disabled?

AZKlaus
06-26-13, 04:08 PM
Ah well it depends on your phone- I know at least on my HTC rezound you can assign what your bluetooth device does- when my scosche is paired, on my phones bluetooth menu it shows both phone and media and I can uncheck the phone box. Then I pair another bluetooth device (for now, my headset) to my phone and use that as "phone" only and disable the media. Works well for now. The wierd thing with my own setup of the scosch is that I bought my EXT with it already installed from the previous owner and I actually DON'T see a second microphone for it, only the onstar mic! I can see he ran the cable up the a-pillar for the mic, so I'm really hoping he didn't try to splice it into the on-star mic... I'll investigate further today and maybe I'll have a better opinion of the call quality once I figure out if it can be reconfigured