: group buy for wheel paint?

02-12-05, 09:22 AM
I find myself in need of some wheel touch-up paint; I found this very helpful post from a couple weeks ago by WrkCTSV (I think):

"The parts counter guy at my dealer (Hubacher) checked into it and discovered the following:

No GM part # for CTS-V wheel touch up paint available per my dealer. Body touch up paint is available. He did contact GM and found out that "Global Line" (Affiliate of PPG) makes the wheel paint for GM. The formulation code (recipe) is - WA569F 300865. The first group of #'s is GM's code and the second group of #'s is PPG's code. Warehouse Paint here in Auburn California (530-885-7914) is the nearest paint shop to me that can make some, but not in the small touch up bottle you typically get from the parts counter. The smallest quantity Warehouse Paint makes is 8 oz or about a pint for approximately $30.00 dollars."

Like most of us, I need about a thimblefull of this stuff for the life of the car. A pint will get used once, will then get improperly sealed, and be worthless next time I need it. Do any of you entrepreneurial (sp?) guys have any ideas for how we could convince Warehouse Paint (or other) to make a few dozen touch up paint kits for us? Or at least cut us a deal on pints in volume?

As the tires are getting changed on many cars as they pass their first birthday (when was the first production V delivered, anyway?), I suspect that many of us could use a few drops.....

Doug

homer403
02-12-05, 10:31 AM
Doug, I'm in. Let see how much interest we get.

ahahnu
02-12-05, 11:13 AM
I have deep cuts on my right two rims (parking attendant). I would feel these could use it. How do I get them flush or not quite so deep as to collect brake dust so much?

Z06CTSV
02-12-05, 12:20 PM
I'm in... Replaced tires and when the weights were removed the glue removed the paint:banghead: . There was nothing the dealer could do. Well, I need some touch-up paint. Has anyone checked with the manufacturer of the tires? I don't know who supplied the rims for the V.

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

MLV
02-12-05, 10:47 PM
I'll buy some.

Wrk Car
02-12-05, 10:49 PM
I'm in on the touch up paint.

StealthV
02-12-05, 11:56 PM
I don't know who supplied the rims for the V.

The CTS-V wheels are made in Italy by Speedline. :cheers:

cts-v ls6
02-13-05, 01:20 AM
Count me in!

SBONES
02-13-05, 10:27 AM
dudes, keep the rubber on the streets, not the sidewalks. Touch up paint.

lol, forget about it. look like shit....for 700 buy a new one...

NIK
02-14-05, 02:48 PM
I'm in also ...............

Ive's V
09-22-09, 01:26 AM
I just saw the post, and I too am interested!!

deedubb
09-22-09, 01:31 AM
Dude. You seriously bumped a thread from over 4.5 years ago?

Dude...

darkman
09-22-09, 08:34 AM
Dude. You seriously bumped a thread from over 4.5 years ago?

Dude...

Well.......are you in or not?

SuperVeee
09-22-09, 10:07 AM
If you guys are serious about touch up on the wheels you may want to call these guys who make those touch up pens for $15. http://www.paintscratch.com/

No I haven't tried them - I just thought this may be a possible solution with out going through the group buy hassle.

Yeah touch up is not as good as restoring the wheel and repainting the whole thing but it's probably better to look at the touch up than the curb rash. BTW 1 size wider tires negates possible future curb jobs.

shadybx7
09-22-09, 02:20 PM
Lol.. im in

JD03Cobra
09-22-09, 06:24 PM
What the heck...i'm in.

Ive's V
09-22-09, 07:16 PM
I know it was an old thread, but since there didn't seem to be any progress for those of us who need some paint, I thought I would see if it was still possible. I'd love to be able to match those wheels and take your eye of the defects.

vinofyl
09-23-09, 04:18 PM
I notice that you're in my area. I have a guy in Sacramento that does the whole thing for repairing wheels. He can fix bent wheels, curb rash or whatever, and he's reasonable. Try Precision Wheel Works: 916-641-7454.:alchi: