: Funny story.

illumina
02-12-05, 02:35 AM
I was driving my baby this evening when the most unusual thing that could happen while driving a car happened: my seat broke!

That's right, part of my drivers seat broke and I basically had a rocking chair in my car while I was driving. It almost caused an accident!

The seat if fixed now (looks better than it did before it broke) due to some good drilling and some homemade brackets...Geez...What a day.

Vesicant
02-12-05, 02:41 AM
Heh...

the seat on my brother in laws merc mystique (FoundOnRoadsideDead) broke at the reclining pivot causing him to use for whatever reason, a large soup pan wedged against the back of the seat using the rear seat as leverage, for a temp fix.

WHen he finally got around to buying a seat out of a junkd car, 2 days later there were biting ants in his car. LOL but thats another story.

danbuc
02-12-05, 02:43 AM
That is pretty funny...hehe. Strange that of all the possible problems a car could have, that a broken seat would be one of them. I remember when I was driving my old '98 Volve 740 GLE, I was in the process of braking, when the actuall pedal part where your foot rests for the brake broke off, and fell on the floor. Since the only thing left was a metal bar, my foot slipped off onto the floor, and I ended up steering into a bunch of shrubs on the side of the road, to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I never thought about having the actual pedal brake. I guess I always figured that some mehcanical part would fail first....oh well. :helpless:

illumina
02-12-05, 02:49 AM
The good thing about my fix-it job is that the brackets are completely hidden from view because of the plastic covers around the base of the seat.

I remember my cousin had a van that he drove around with a pair of vice-grips for a steering wheel...Also had a crate for the seat...But the van ran like a champ.

RBraczyk
02-12-05, 06:06 PM
That happened to me a few weeks ago climbing a snowbank. Still haven't fixed it. No money.