: 2010 front bumper and valence

reedmtn
06-25-13, 02:07 PM
From an earlier post I learned the front valence or ferring.....little black rubber strip.....has been deleted from the 2010 and 2011 model DTS. I have several little black screws and 2 open slots on the bottom of the front bumper that had to be used for something. Can anyone with a 2010 please take a pic of the bottom of the bumper or tell me what sits just under the bumper in those screws. Thanks...it just seems odd and in complete seeing those screws hanging down and my local Massey dealership has no idea because there are no other 2010-2011 DTS's to compare mine to.

cjcarlin
06-29-13, 02:05 PM
The bumper cover is the same as earlier models, they just stopped using the rubber air deflector. The holes that you see are most likely the mounting holes for the deflector. You can add one if you want, just order it and the hardware for an earlier model.

reedmtn
06-29-13, 04:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond, but that is part of the frustration. Me and the dealer thought the same thing and tried a 2009 strip and it did NOT work. The screws are not even close to being in alignment. Thats why I am looking towards others with the 2010 or 2011 DTS to see what is down there on theirs.