: 2010 SRX Tires

LouieG
06-25-13, 12:35 PM
Hello!
I am new to this forum but a long time Cadillac owner having owned several Fleetwoods and DeVilles over the last 35+ years!
My 2010 SRX Premium needs new tires. OEM is Michlin 235 55 20. Only replacement is a Michlin.
Has anyone subsituted a slightly different tire size (255 or 265 for example) if so what are your results / findings?

Many Thanks!

adamjeeps
06-25-13, 06:51 PM
I know there is Bridgestone tires available. I think tire rack had three last time I checked online.

TheCaptain
06-25-13, 09:05 PM
You can't go too tall, you'll rub on the struts. Too wide and you'll lose some turn radius and rub the fender liners.

LouieG
06-25-13, 09:36 PM
You can't go too tall, you'll rub on the struts. Too wide and you'll lose some turn radius and rub the fender liners.

Thank you Captain; that makes sense and something I hadn't thought of! (That's why I posed the question!)

----------

Adam,
Thanks! You're right; Tire Rack shows the Bridgestone as well as the Michlin and Yokahama. Bridgestone is a little less than Michlin. I have several Costco warehouse clubs near me. Costco's price will probably be pretty close to Tire Rack's price on the Michlin and Bridgestone. I don't think Costco carries the Yokahama brand, however I put Yokahamas on my 2008 SRX about a year and half ago and they are fine. (Got them from my Cadillac dealer)

packardv8
07-02-13, 08:51 PM
What's the problem with the Michelins?

LouieG
07-02-13, 09:15 PM
What's the problem with the Michelins?

Hi packardv8! Thanks for the response. Actually, nothing wrong with Michlins. I was just seeking alternatives. In fact, my local Costco just gave me a very good price on the Michlins, so that is what I will purchase. I assume from your handle you own or have owned some Packards. I would love to see some photos if that is the case! I am in suburban Motown. We have the Woodward Dream Cruise here every summer. I took some photos of a 1956 Packard Caribbean last year. Very nice! I can email to you.

Likely
07-03-13, 12:01 AM
Stay with the Michelins...You won't find any better tire for your SRX. I have searched alot on suv tires. As some others have mentioned, don't try to go bigger, you will change the whole handling aspect, and that won't be good....

stealth97
07-03-13, 03:07 AM
Do you mind saying how much Costco quoted the Michelins for you?

LouieG
07-03-13, 09:03 AM
Do you mind saying how much Costco quoted the Michelins for you?

Just under $1,000.00 through July 7. This includes a $70.00 revate from Michlin.

stealth97
07-04-13, 01:01 AM
Thanks