: Is the deck lid spoiler a factory item?

stevenriz
06-25-13, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone. My 2005 1SG has a spoiler on the trunk lid and I assume it was from the factory. It looks nice, even and doesn't look after market. Now I am looking at a 2009 and a 2010 same option list and they are telling me there is a spoiler and don't I see it (in the pictures, I am reviewing these online). Well no I do not. There is NO spoiler on either. Yet the vehicles have every possible option for those two years. including optional paint colors. Was the spoiler an option? Attached pic of my deck lid and the 2009 I am looking at (sorry for the blurry pic). Thoughts? I like the look of the spoiler. Can it easily and Cheaply be added? Thanks!

RippyPartsDept
06-25-13, 11:39 AM
there's both aftermarket and GM accessory spoilers ... i don't think there were any factory installed but you could probably order one with a spoiler (although it would still be installed by you delivering dealer as part of the pre-delivery inspection)

from the pictures you've posted they look like the GM accessory but I can't really be sure

stevenriz
06-25-13, 11:52 AM
thanks! I guess I'm not sure either. I bought the silver one just over 4 years ago with 14k miles and included that spoiler. Looks factory but if it's not they did a nice job installing it. If I put one on just a little crooked it would drive me nuts. I love the blue one but there is no spoiler. I See them now online for $200 painted. We'll see. thanks for the reply...

1BadCadSTS
06-25-13, 12:07 PM
The rear spoiler was factory installed on all 1sg cars 05-06. In 07 the spoiler was dropped from all 1sg awd cars.

curtc
06-25-13, 12:22 PM
My 06 1SF came equipped with a spoiler from the factory, forgot the RPO for it but it's on the list....

PontiacV8
06-25-13, 12:30 PM
i don't think there were any factory installed but you could probably order one with a spoiler (although it would still be installed by you delivering dealer as part of the pre-delivery inspection)

...the regular option (RPO: "T43") is factory installed, not by dealer...;)

...btw...most (or almost every) european export (sigma-based) STS got the rear spoiler...

My 06 1SF came equipped with a spoiler from the factory, forgot the RPO for it but it's on the list....

RPO Code "T43" - Rear Spoiler :)

RippyPartsDept
06-25-13, 12:58 PM
ahhh.. that's right ... i just checked the parts catalog and it shows the factory spoiler with that T43 option

so there were both factory and dealer/accessory spoilers available
plus the aftermarket stuff ...

and to answer the OP's question we'll just need to know if the car has T43 or not

ddalder
06-25-13, 01:00 PM
AWD vehicles (at least in some years) did not get the spoiler. The photo you posted of the blue car is an STS-4 and won't have one. I have a 2008 STS-4 (AWD) and my build sheet shows:

MX7 - ALL WHEEL DRIVE (INCL. CREDIT FOR DELETED REAR SPOILER)

Ludacrisvp
06-25-13, 01:00 PM
I think my window sticker mentioned or perhaps one of the option RPO codes was for a spoiler removal credit for 1SG AWD.
(I have since added one)

1BadCadSTS
06-25-13, 04:37 PM
As I said awd on 07+ eliminated the rear spoiler. Was optional equipment on 1sc and 1sf standard on 1sg

dkozloski
06-25-13, 04:48 PM
My '06 1SF AWD V8 STS came with the spoiler.

EChas3
06-26-13, 08:39 PM
Options can vary in unexpected ways on many different STS's, by trim level or year. Do your homework.